• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Dead Space Move it’s January Release Date?

• No, it’s staying

Votes: 142 66.0%
  • Yes, it will be moved

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • Callisto Protocol Will Move it’s release date! Plot twist!

Votes: 43 20.0%

• Total voters

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody with the news that Callisto protocol showed gameplay today and it is indeed coming out in December. What do you think will happen to the dead space remake? Callisto Protocol is a spiritual successor to dead space with many of the veterans from that game on this new IP. It does make me wonder if EA will push the release further to not be stuck so close to a game that is very similar in nature. I can't imagine it's an easy task that new trailer was very promising today with good reception it's now time for the dead space team to make a move in the next few months.

What do you think? I could see it being pushed back yo April or May to give some space and allow the team to refine things. They may also want to see the reception of Callisto protocol when it comes out to see if they can improve any areas before release on that feedback.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i could see them pushing it a bit towards the end of the fiscal quarter just to make sure its polished and to juice the numbers

but otherwise, if the game is ready and if they think its ready to go, it might depend on how Callisto performs, both sales wise and critically

i doubt it would move just because its coming out near Callisto

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Hey everybody with the news that Callisto protocol showed gameplay today and it is indeed coming out in December. What do you think will happen to the dead space remake? Callisto Protocol is a spiritual successor to dead space with many of the veterans from that game on this new IP. It does make me wonder if EA will push the release further to not be stuck so close to a game that is very similar in nature. I can't imagine it's an easy task that new trailer was very promising today with good reception it's now time for the dead space team to make a move in the next few months.

What do you think? I could see it being pushed back yo April or May to give some space and allow the team to refine things. They may also want to see the reception of Callisto protocol when it comes out to see if they can improve any areas before release on that feedback.

Nope. New IP Vs. Established IP with a large fanbase. If anything, it would be Calisto being pushed.

PandemicOdin

Oct 31, 2020
EA doesn't care, they need to hit first Q and they probably don't want to release it in March so unless they can't make that date it's coming out in Jan lol.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Callisto is the one that should move, Dead Space is the one with the big name attached to it and more likely that people will buy.

Hope I'm wrong.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
EA isn't super big on delaying games out of the fiscal year they were originally announced for. At most it'll get delayed till March… but even then it'll be probably be too close to Jedi 2.

I say they stick to Jan, unless the devs need more time to polish

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I feel like not. Dead Space has the name recognition, from both longtime fans and new players who know of it and see this as an entrance point. Motive have shown how truly dedicated and transparent they are with it so the confidence seems there.

IF they decide to move it, I would guess no later than March but then that puts them up against the RE4 Remake so really I don't think so.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting responses, I'm just always worried dead space won't sell well enough for a sequel because I want this series to continue on

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
EA doesn't care about dates, remember TF2 getting sandwiched between BF and CoD.

But yeah, Callisto might get delayed.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
yea in the back of my mind i could still see it getting delayed

hell it might accidentally get closer to dead space if it needs just a little extra time, lol

I think it needs to really come out before Dead Space or it would need to release sometime after Resident Evil in March. Otherwise, I think it risks a 'Titanfall 2' situation where it's wedged in-between two highly praised, similar franchises and just gets lost in the shuffle.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like Dead Space as the next gen only game has more reason to hold its ground in January unless something catastrophic happens during development: it could just go the route of being the next gen Dead Space you'll want after getting a taste of a Dead Space that could've been for the PS4/Xbox generation in Callisto, and two months before Resident Evil 4 Remake is plenty of time to itself.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Interesting responses, I'm just always worried dead space won't sell well enough for a sequel because I want this series to continue on
I'm with you there, man. Part of me is still salty at EA for DS3 and not getting a 4. At the same time, seeing how transparent Motive has been has made me feel better about them handling the revamp. Hopefully they actually get to see it thru.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I think it needs to really come out before Dead Space or it would need to release sometime after Resident Evil in March. Otherwise, I think it risks a 'Titanfall 2' situation where it's wedged in-between two highly praised, similar franchises and just gets lost in the shuffle.
yeah that could really screw it over

even if it gets really good reviews, a release like that would stunt its growth

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you there, man. Part of me is still salty at EA for DS3 and not getting a 4. At the same time, seeing how transparent Motive has been has made me feel better about them handling the revamp. Hopefully they actually get to see it thru.
That ending to 3 was crazy and then to hear the pitch about what 4 was going to be with Ellie, got me excited. Regardless, I'm just happy it's back.

My personal choice would be either a remake of 2 ( my favourite of the series) or a brand new entry

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Omg I didn't even know about this! Can't believe we're getting 3 "new" 3rd person horror games within the next year!

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Both of these games are getting delayed. No AAA game these days is safe from delays, unless the release date is only a couple of months out.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
That ending to 3 was crazy and then to hear the pitch about what 4 was going to be with Ellie, got me excited. Regardless, I'm just happy it's back.

My personal choice would be either a remake of 2 ( my favourite of the series) or a brand new entry
I could not agree more with all of this. Like word for word something I would say. 3's DLC ending is one of the most insane things I've seen.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect callisto to slip into 2023. And wouldn't be surprised if Dead Space is delayed too.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Callisto is that kind of game that is aiming for such a high quality that it's likely to not meet the date without major crunch. I think they'll opt to push 6 months out for a really polished experience, and that will be just as the Remake is leaving our consciousness.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's rare for major games to release in the December window, so I say Callisto gets pushed. DS will probably get pushed back too.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
If either is getting pushed I'd bet on Callisto, but I'm buying both and would be happy to play them a month or two apart from each other! I don't mind either way, I'm fuckin hyped for both baybeeeee

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
If anything I could see more people buying Dead Space Remake because they liked Callisto Protocol. It's not like it's a massive open world game. People are gonna finish it and want more of what they just ate.

And if Callisto Protocol is bad Dead Space will still benefit because people will want a similar but better game to wipe the nasty taste out of their mouths.