• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hollow-knight-2.8-million-copies-silksong-free-for-backers.jpeg

Man i was just thinking about how good that first game was. It was one of those magical experiences were the further I played, the more i started realizing this is one of those 'very special' games. The ones that come along a few times in a lifetime. I had that feeling when i was young and played FFVII. I had it while playing Dark Souls for the first time. I think that about does it. I also keep forgetting this is coming soonish while everyone talks about Last of Us, Cyberpunk and all the other heavy hitters next year. Who else is hyped with me?!

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine op when it"s actually shadowdropped today and instead the GOTY of 2019.

Unless BotW2 releases in 2020 I can indeed see it happening for me too though.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my goty 2020 will be a tie between botw 2 and silk song. i can safely say that before playing either game.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I can't imagine how good Silksong will be with all the confidence and funding Team Cherry received after the original. We are truly blessed.

Solobbos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Nintendo has really failed me if I don't dump over 300 hours into this game.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No idea what my GOTY of next year is going to be, considering I haven't played any of them yet. However, if Silksong manages to live up to the original Hollow Knight, it will easily be in my top five.

May 10, 2019
I just have this feeling Larian and Baldur's Gate 3 are coming in with some shit to prove, and after seeing only one other person speak up for it in another thread, it's looking like any chips on their shoulder will be justified.

Then again - indie games have a habit of creeping into my end of year lists, so I'm fully expecting Carrion, Get In The Car Loser, SkateBIRD, Backbone, and An Airport For Aliens Currently Run By Dogs to all come for the crown.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cautiously interested in FFVIIR without having much hope of it being great, can't really think of much else off the top of my head. Nioh 2 should be good although I worry that it will feel too similar to the first one

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Probably Ori, Hollow Knight Silksong, SoR4 or Tunic for me. I play all the big AAAs but they rarely stick with me in the same way as the smaller gems.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Imagine op when it"s actually shadowdropped today and instead the GOTY of 2019.

Unless BotW2 releases in 2020 I can indeed see it happening for me too though.
They could shadowdrop both this week and I don't know if I'd play Zelda or Hollow Knight first. Crazy since Zelda is like one of Nintendo's premiere franchises.