• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want to see any old Legends characters?

• Yes, Kyle Katarn

Votes: 100 33.3%
  • Yes, Mara Jade

Votes: 94 31.3%
  • Yes, Luuke

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Yes, Darth Nihilus

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Yes (Other)

Votes: 24 8.0%
  • No, Bigger Luke should be made canon

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • No, I'm indifferent or against the idea

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I... didn't quite like the message at the end, but it is clearly the best Star Wars video game, at the very least, and one of the best Star Wars media.

I think it's ultimately about rejecting Kreia's nihilism and hatred of the force (and accepting that rejection). It's why you can't side with her at any point. I'm not quite sure what other message you might be getting at though cause I might be dumb.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see Kyle Katarn come back. Was always one of my favorite EU characters.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I think it's ultimately about rejecting Kreia's nihilism and hatred of the force (and accepting that rejection). It's why you can't side with her at any point. I'm not quite sure what other message you might be getting at though cause I might be dumb.
Oh!

No, I like that interpretation; I think I'm more upset at the "Force hipsters" that think the Force is "evil" or some shit (based off their own interpretation of the finale of the game).

😂

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
About Mara Jade. Zahn didn't want anyone to bring her back beside him or without him involved.

If Her back. We Probably Know That How She becomes The Emporer Hand.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Oh!

No, I like that interpretation; I think I'm more upset at the "Force hipsters" that think the Force is "evil" or some shit (based off their own interpretation of the finale of the game).

😂

Thinking the force is only evil is letting Kreia, THE VILLAIN, win. As cool as she is, she is the antagonist for a reason (and again why you explicitly can't side with her). Though that might just be cause they ran out of time to implement said ending though I feel I read a Behind-the-scenes that supports my take.

But you right that that is definitely a pervasive reading from the game. Kreia is very persuasive and compelling and honestly my own nihilism and angsts make me want to side with her every time (I was frantically searching for that out the first time I played the game) but after mulling over the game with time this is what I took away from it. Definitely a lot of room for edgelord adoration though.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I'd love to see Bane getting a short bio mini-series.

Also - he didn't capture a slave. Rain was part of the Army of Light when he f her after the Mind-bomb is detonated, and while he did manipulate her into joining him she was a more than willing participant.

Palleon would be good, but the Afternath trilogy pretty much negates him & Daala as potent protagonists. He wouldn't fit in the New Order, and while I think Daala could be made to work her whole (as I read her) dominatrix thing would also be out of place.

Personally I'd like to see the new EU take a longer look at grey force users, but ppl need that easy light/dark thing so...

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
People rant and rave about Rey being an undeserving powerhouse marysue, but then turn around and gush over how great Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade are.

There's a bunch of characters I'd love to see get brought back, but I'm happy to let those stay dead in the past.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'd love to see Bane getting a short bio mini-series.

Also - he didn't capture a slave. Rain was part of the Army of Light when he f her after the Mind-bomb is detonated, and while he did manipulate her into joining him she was a more than willing participant.

Palleon would be good, but the Afternath trilogy pretty much negates him & Daala as potent protagonists. He wouldn't fit in the New Order, and while I think Daala could be made to work her whole (as I read her) dominatrix thing would also be out of place.

Personally I'd like to see the new EU take a longer look at grey force users, but ppl need that easy light/dark thing so...

We don't know for sure that the Ashoka series is definitely heading towards Thrawn but I imagine it's more likely than not. Hopefully it can give Palleon a juicy role. Thrawn will need someone to talk to, and then Palleon can try to help the Republic or something eventually afterwards.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
We don't know for sure that the Ashoka series is definitely heading towards Thrawn but I imagine it's more likely than not. Hopefully it can give Palleon a juicy role. Thrawn will need someone to talk to, and then Palleon can try to help the Republic or something eventually afterwards.

Thats true, and I'd completely forgotten about his appearance in Rebels. He fits with Thrawn's approach & attitude - altho hopefully they make him a bit more than just 'the honourable man fighting for bastards'.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
[
I'm sure they can figure out a way for Mara Jade and Luke to get together in the 30 year span between the trilogies.

Simple: She left when he decided to train Kylo. She senses the darkness, so she left with her unborn child (of whom Luke knew nothing, of course).

Bonus points if the Skywalker kid hates the force because in its mind, it's what tore the parents apart.

Last edited: