• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want to see any old Legends characters?

• Yes, Kyle Katarn

Votes: 100 33.3%
  • Yes, Mara Jade

Votes: 94 31.3%
  • Yes, Luuke

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Yes, Darth Nihilus

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Yes (Other)

Votes: 24 8.0%
  • No, Bigger Luke should be made canon

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • No, I'm indifferent or against the idea

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
OP seriously put Nihilus over Revan. Revan was almost in clone wars too but removed because it wouldn't make sense…which was the right call.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care. I just want good stories with compelling characters.

I even rather have them be new, because it removes the chance they rely on the name and forget to actually do something interesting with the character. I haven't seen Rebels completely yet, so I don't know how interesting Thrawn is and how essential it is that it is Thrawn and not Imperial higher up nr 7, but in Mando they didn't really do anything interesting with Ahsoka or Boba Fett (at least Ahsoka made sense to have an appearance). They risk the same with relying on known names from the EU

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Give me Mara Jade vs Rey. Could do a whole storyline where Rey sees what could have been in Mara Jade and try and turn her to the light side

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I want Mara Jade to return as the daughter of Luke Skywalker personally. Like the above person said you could have a conflict between her and Rey. "Fake" Skywalker vs "Real" Skywalker.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle Katarn 100%. When they didn't put him in Rogue One I was so annoyed :(

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Mara Jade deserves another shot. I always think of her as a foil, a counter balance - the cynical city girl counterpart to Luke's optimistic country boy. Or the supportive, cynical big sister to Rey's eager country girl. She could be this cool supporting character who has a tendency to 'junior'(ie. listen kid . . . . ) and be protective of the lead like Han was only she is less into smuggling and ships but more into stealth and wetworks.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Kyle Katarn 100%. When they didn't put him in Rogue One I was so annoyed :(
Most likely because people would expect him to be a jedi and because all of that other EU stuff involving him was....goofy as fuck. Tehcnically, Kyle Katarn already exists in canon, even has a redesign:

though like Revan nothing about him is known atm.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Is Shadows of the Empire considered canon now? I know Dash Rendar was basically a knock-off Han, but I liked the story and game.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Xim the Despot
Ludo Kressh
Naga Sadow
Lost tribe of the Sith
Freedon Nadd
Ulic Qel-Droma
Exar Kun
Zayne Carrick
Darth Malgus
Aryn Leneer
Zeerid Korr
Jace Malcolm
Satele Shan
Theron Shan
Gnost-Dural
Darth Bane
Zannah

So much SW history wiped out...but it'll always be canon to me.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Mara Jade has to be coming eventually. She's the highest profile EU character outside of KOTOR not to make it back yet.

I personally really want to see Jorus C'Boath come back. He always seemed like a really fun villain to me, and there's plenty of ways to reintegrate him.

Talon Karrde is so easy to add back in that I imagine they're just ensuring they don't waste him.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jacen and Jaina Solo. Two Skywalker bloodline siblings. One falls tor the Dark Side and the other has to deal with them. Very Star Wars since it's about Skywalker conflict.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Jacen and Jaina Solo. Two Skywalker bloodline siblings. One falls tor the Dark Side and the other has to deal with them. Very Star Wars since it's about Skywalker conflict.
These two will never be canon because of Kylo Ren. And the great thing about SW is that it doesn't have to and shouldn't be specifically about Skywalker conflict.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Um, he definitely does still do the art thing. I never read the original material, so I don't know if it was handled differently in the 90s, but it's definitely an aspect of his character across the five novels released so far and Rebels.
No, no, I mean, the way it was handled in the previous novels; I'm aware that he still has that aspect about him, though it's not as played up as before.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Kyle Katarn seems like the kind of character who could show up on The Mandalorian for an episode or two. Republic-aligned mercenary, who might be a little more lucky than should be possible.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I left Revan out, as, if rumors are correct, all of the KotOR characters shall rejoin Disney canon shortly.
We're probably getting all of them if the rumors are true.

Are these new rumours or just the KOTOR remaster/remake stuff?

I know it's basically mentioned in the OP but I think it's always worth mentioning again that Disney Canon has pulled characters and references from Legends into Canon, their stories didn't follow them and they exist as wholly separate entities unless stated otherwise and I don't believe they've pulled any entire pieces of media so far.

Unless there is a new rumour a KOTOR rerelease/remaster/remake doesn't necessarily mean it will be canon. If it is being remade to fit in Canon it also perfectly possible the story and characters are being entirely rejigged to fit into what Disney would want from that era, I know a recent rumour said they were getting rid of the turn based combat for something more action based, so who knows what we might end up with. But I wouldn't assume or get excited about anything being canon in till they officially announce it's status so as not to be disappointed.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
My favorite EU character is jaina Solo, I will likely never get her in canon unless they somehow make luke married between rotj and TLJ. Or if they pull another palpatine Rey situation on luke with Luke. Outside of the kotor cast she is the only character I ever wanted to be brought back into canon and it doesn't even half to be with her twin since most of her better stories are her dealing with her own issues and problems

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't really imagine how they'd bring Mara Jade into the current canon without radically altering her backstory

Katarn I can at least see, though it'd likely be snarky-Rebel-operative Katarn and not snarky-fail-Jedi Katarn

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget Revan's apprentice...

To bad I'm the only one that cares...

😭

The Exile kinda only works to me in tandem with Kreia. While Nihilus is The Exile's foil, Kreia is like the narrative thrust for everything about The Exile.

They have a lot going on about them as far as their relationship with the Force but its a relationship given voice through Kreia and reflected back through how the player interacts with Kreia.

Basically it's motherfucking Kreia, I need her so bad.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't really imagine how they'd bring Mara Jade into the current canon without radically altering her backstory

Katarn I can at least see, though it'd likely be snarky-Rebel-operative Katarn and not snarky-fail-Jedi Katarn
Thrawn was already radically altered though it isn't unprecedented for Mara Jade to be the same way.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
The Exile kinda only works to me in tandem with Kreia. While Nihilus is The Exile's foil, Kreia is like the narrative thrust for everything about The Exile.

They have a lot going on about them as far as their relationship with the Force but its a relationship given voice through Kreia and reflected back through how the player interacts with Kreia.

Basically it's motherfucking Kreia, I need her so bad.
Ugh, I still think the Exile is severely underrated (and was done dirty in the book by Drew Karpyshin)

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
I have never read anything featuring Luuke but I still laugh every time I see the name. Is there a Lüke somewhere out there as well?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they can figure out a way for Mara Jade and Luke to get together in the 30 year span between the trilogies.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Just don't bring back any more of han solo's family. You can bring back Chewie's family though. I want to see his hideous family in 4K.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Ooh, Kyle Katarn's back? I hope this time around they don't make him too jedi-like. I kinda want to see what crazy shit a force sensitive blaster user can do.