• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
My favorite thing about Pokemon is that nearly all of them a basis in something, whether it's from nature or from myths and legends or cryptids. What would you like to see realized as a Pokemon?

My choice would be a potoo bird.
potoo2.jpg

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing about Pokemon is that nearly all of them a basis in something, whether it's from nature or from myths and legends or cryptids. What would you like to see realized as a Pokemon?

potoo2.jpg

Geez, that sucker's got quite the dilation range.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'd love Pokemon based on the Nazca Lines of Peru.

how-were-nazca-lines-made.jpg

EDIT: Yes I know about Sigilyph.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love Pokemon based on the Nazca Lines of Peru.

how-were-nazca-lines-made.jpg

EDIT: Yes I know about Sigilyph.
I remember yugioh 5Ds had the "earthbound immortals" based on the nazca lines. They'd make some cool legendary/mystic pokemon.

If the UK rumors end up true, then a loch ness monster pokemon would be cool, or something based on jack the ripper.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I remember yugioh 5Ds had the "earthbound immortals" based on the nazca lines. They'd make some cool legendary/mystic pokemon.

If the UK rumors end up true, then a loch ness monster pokemon would be cool, or something based on jack the ripper.
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of when I was talking about new Pokemon! They were so cool to me!
cats.jpg

Dec 18, 2017
Impundulu. Zulu/South African legend of a vampiric thunder-bird that looks like this:
hammerkop_gallery_1.jpg

Honestly I just love Hammerkops. I'd also take a Secretary Bird (who's whole schtick is kicking the everloving shit out of snakes). They also have a really pleasant color scheme to work with:
flat550x550075f.jpg
tenor.gif

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Quick Wishlist:
Puffin
Cassowary
Cheetah
Pink Fairy Armodillo
Bottle-nose Dolphin
Iguana
Bombardier Beetle
Coyote
Amphisbaena
Ankylosaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Therizinosaurus
Thorny Devil
Thorn Bug
Walking Stick

Also, if the next game is based in the UK:

- Spring-Heel Jack
- Phantom Big Cat
- Black Dog
- Grey Lady
- Dullahan
- Kelpie

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Where's my fucking dolphin? Orca? A whale that isn't basically a blimp with eyes? Heck give me a Manatee frankly (no Dewgong is not a Manatee). Need more sea mammals indeed. Also a puffin.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
If we're gonna keep getting an inanimate object as a pokemon or two each gen, I really really want a pizza pokemon in gen 8.

A 3 stage line too. Starts out as the crust, then turns into a slice or two, then the last stage would be the full pizza with toppings and everything

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I could see them making a poop. So much poop emoji products available it would make sense.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Orchid, but there are so many ghost/grass pokemon now that it wouldn't even be special anymore :<

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I want them to go full cryptid.

Sasquatch, mothman, jackalope, Jersey devil, and chupacabra.

If we're doing the UK, then I'd like Pokemon based on the fae, which has an entire pantheon of creatures.

OP
OP

Syril

Oct 26, 2017

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah I want all cryptids honestly. Even the less known ones.

Heck I'd ask for SCPs too but that's a deep deep hole lol.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

potoo2.jpg

This now is my favorite bird. So goddamn adorable.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Behold the Pink Fairy Armadillo

Pink_Fairy_Armadillo_%28Chlamyphorus_truncatus%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

But really, any armadillo. The pokedex needs an armadillo. Sandshrew/slash are pangolins.

Admittedly, I'm biased

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
In my blind hope for a California region, I'd love to see a Sequoia tree Pokemon. Some colossal tree pokemon that is hundreds of years old.

Other than that, do we have a mountain lion/cougar/puma pokemon yet? If not we need one.

Using a blackbird/raven/crow as the basic bird would also be nice.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
In my blind hope for a California region, I'd love to see a Sequoia tree Pokemon. Some colossal tree pokemon that is hundreds of years old.

Other than that, do we have a mountain lion/cougar/puma pokemon yet? If not we need one.

Using a blackbird/raven/crow as the basic bird would also be nice.
I would love a Northern California/Pacific Northwest region for sure. A Sequoia as a pokemon would be incredible, I'm 100% behind that.

I'd also love bald eagle, coyote, quail, elephant seal, newt, banana slug, Joshua tree, salmon, black widow, rattlesnake, hummingbird, and bobcat Pokemon.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Hidden for arachnophobes, but I'd love a jumping spider. Peacock spiders would probably be the showstoppers, but I'd love to see a Portia or vampire spider. Pictures behind the spoiler.

MalePeacockSpider.jpg

13905091.jpg

We also still don't have a true gorilla Pokemon to my knowledge? Closest is Slaking, but I'd love to see a legitimate gorilla.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Murkrow and Honchkrow are a crow and raven respectively.

Aren't Joltik also inspired by jumping spiders as well as ticks?

Kind of? There's just so many jumping spiders out there that a pure jumping spider would feel a lot different. More so than our 5 lions, at least.

Oh, I also will second secretary birds, & if no one said Flatwoods Monster, than that.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I want a theme for the game to follow for new mons, something like you sometimes travel back in time and encounter dinosaur-style pokemon.
Or maybe deep sea exploration, and you get creepy ass glowing freaky pokemon.

That would be neat.

an experiment goes wrong and our dimension blends with another, so we can have headcrab pokemon and a true sequel to HL2 finally