• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly would not expect anything crazy out of this. It might give us raytraced shadows or AO. I'd be shocked if we even got RT GI. But even then, it's RT GI on top of the vanilla lighting, which is kinda not great for it.

Doubt they'll improve textures, LOD, water, etc....

And sadly this update will probably break mods. And mods look pretty darn good right now.

jw2i72.png

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
So does everybody get Complete edition on PS5/Xbox when they upgrade? Wasn't the one SKU thing one of the reasons Remedy listed for not offering the Control upgrade to everyone?

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn, I have a 2070 Super and would be able to take advantage of this upgrade, but I never bought it for PC and opted for the Switch version instead. May have to rethink this.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah. I was thinking on a rerun lately so I'll just wait for the next gen version.

I know early next gen is usually full of remasters and cross gen games but I personally love it

Green

Oct 27, 2017
DLSS would be amazing. Don't see them doing RT on PC at least without it, so fingers crossed.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I just wanted to chirp in that the loading on PS4 Pro with SSD was phenomenal except for first boot up.
It was faster than Days Gone.
But 30 fps, pop-in and floating characters and broken HDR was not so good

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to play my copy of Witcher 3 that I got for PS4 so I might as well wait for this.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't played the game. I bought it cheap but never got around to play it. Might as well wait and play it with the upgrade.

Dec 15, 2017
Not much of an upgrade for PC owners... Hopefully this does not make the base game more demanding for some odd reason.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow awesome stuff. I hope they can improve the AA on ps4 too, that was one of the sticking points i remember from my playthrough. 60fps option would be nice too.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Welp! Gonna have to play it again!

I know it already gets a ton of praise, but I was surprised how much the game sucked me in. First open world game where I wanted to explore every nook and cranny.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
TW3 is the game that keeps on giving, definitely my GOTG by far.

Looks like I'll be replaying the game on the PS5.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a proper and official high quality texture packs to release from CDPR. Game still looks gorgeous and the textures from the mdodint community look fine too but I wouldn't mind something more officially released.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
In my fucking veins.

I'll stop playing the DLC then and wait until I upgrade my PC

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that it only says "Xbox", not Series X in the picture with the boxart. Just adds more fuel to the Series S rumors.

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck yes! I wasn't hoping for this when I wanted to replay the game on the PS5 but this is damn good, makes up for the 60 or so hours I lost when I moved from slim PS4 to Pro

Macnair

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the PS4 GOTY version on a sale way back and got the PC version on GOG for free recently. Now I get a free PS5 and PC upgrade? Fucking awesome!

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Did they announce a date for the release of this? Will it be available at consoles launch?
Also I wonder if saves from ps4 will be usable on ps5. I'm in the middle of my first play through and I'd gladly wait until PS5 is out for the enhancements to finish playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.