• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
The gameplay actually looks kinda good

Screenshot_20190819-162754_YouTube.jpg

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine for being portable. Might double dip. What the fuck were people expecting?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Not sure why people are saying it's ugly,it's really not.
For the size of the console,it's impressive.
image.png

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Looks good enough to me. So much concern trolling here, haven't added people to my ignore list for quite a while now, I estimate at least 20 percent of the posters in these first pages will enter it. Oh, I don't expect people to say this is the best they ever saw, but all those who are not remotely interested in the Switch and came here just to shit on this version no matter what, you know who you are (and so do I).

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Antagonizing other members. History of related posts.
this looks awful but a lot of yall seem to love awful so not surprised at some of the comments

legit looks so bad in 2019 and i dgaf "for a mobile device" bad is bad.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I own an XB1X and this has been on sale there a number of times over the years, I'm really leaning towards picking it up on Switch. I think the graphics are impressive to me for what's essentially a tablet, and I prefer to play massive games like this in handheld and not be tethered to the TV.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Holy shit this thread is embarrassing read. I was waiting something like this but still it kinda surprised me how low this forum can go. The game looks fine and actually as good as could have been expected.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what nintendo do to all of you jeez.

you arent even buying this fucking game so why do you care what it looks like :s

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
The lighting looks pretty good in the demo video, actually. But the textures and the pop-in. Yikes.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I must admit that knowing that some people whom I never met will be upset that I'm playing this game on switch adds to my enjoyment.
I'm just done watching the stream. It looks really good, most effects seemed to preserved to me. 720p on a 32" inches will be fine, and 540p on 6" while traveling will be glorious. I can't wait.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I literally could not recognise novigrad

This looks worse than I was expecting... I am reconsidering my pre order
Really? Really? You had a preorder? Here's your third post on this forum (yesterday):

"I understand people can only play portable, but if you have a choice in the matter please do not play the game in these conditions.
The Witcher 3 it's not just a well written story and a huge games, it's also natural beauty a losing yourself in a breathtaking environment.
A third of the charm of the game is going to be lost on Switch. Roaming in the woods will just not be the same."

Reported.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technical miracle right there.

By miracle I mean peeps at CDPR spending months over months of fine tuning and growing grey hairs. :lol

Seriously, this is crazy impressive, having the entire game on the cart without download is pushing me on the edge of getting it day 1, even though I have far more capable HW to play this game. The tech achievement makes it worth it alone to me.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The game runs at 540p on a device this size that costs $200.
2ds-xl-vs-lite.jpg

Judging by the gameplay videos, it looks acceptable. Seems like they squeezed all they could out of the device.

The Switch has been out for two years already. It's $200-$300 mobile hardware. We know what it can do and we know that Switch ports of triple-A multiplatform games will never be on par with those versions. It should be obvious by now why people buy these ports.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Really? Really? You had a preorder? Here's your third post on this forum (yesterday):

"I understand people can only play portable, but if you have a choice in the matter please do not play the game in these conditions.
The Witcher 3 it's not just a well written story and a huge games, it's also natural beauty a losing yourself in a breathtaking environment.
A third of the charm of the game is going to be lost on Switch. Roaming in the woods will just not be the same."

Reported.
Yes, I am going to play it for the second time. I said it yesterday as well, I am double dipping.

Maybe read my posts again?

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
I own a PC and a PS4 Pro, and I'm honestly going to pick up the Switch version purely because I wouldn't have the time to play this game otherwise.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I own a PC and a PS4 Pro, and I'm honestly going to pick up the Switch version purely because I wouldn't have the time to play this game otherwise.
Bingo.

The simplest of sentiments that Switch naysayers just can't seem to fathom, or understand (based on the language and attitude, hard to tell). Not everyone has hours to kill each day to sit in front of a TV. I played the majority of Breath of the Wild on my breaks and lunches at work, not on my TV at home.

Switch continues to be a godsend.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I remember to this day when videos of upcoming WiiU games were shown in E3, and people were shitting all over the videos, laughing at them, saying things like "reminds me of games on the PS1".

And then it turned out they showed the 360/PS3 trailers of these games since they didn't have WiiU footage yet

Deleted member 19274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The concern trolling is strong. If you want to experience the game with better specs, you can play it elsewhere.

Not interested in the Witcher, but I'm impressed that they got the whole package on a cart. No need for that required dl crap.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's on Switch, what were people expecting? Personally I think it still looks decent and the benefit of having this fantastic game on a portable console outweighs the negative of the inevitable graphical downgrade.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Not sure I'll buy right at launch but if there's a way to get me to replay this game again, it's on the Switch. Looks great and excited to hear how it performs after it's released.

inspectah

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Ok, everyone, do not visit Era just before your about to hit your 1 rep max deadlift. I was in stitches, took another 14 minutes to refocus, you bastard. :lol Goddamn hilarious.
Leave your phone in the locker and focus on your training you pussy.
/s

P.S.: This thread is absolutely embarassing.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What a time to be alive.

I skipped most of this thread because I know exactly what it's going to be like.

I'll buy this and play it on my Switch, though.

Redline23

Aug 18, 2019
I wish instead of just porting their old game that will not run as good as PS4/X1/PC, CD project would make exclusive game for Switch like PlatinumGames did with Astral Chain.