• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

Oops, I meant applications, not ballots. Can a mod change the title.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, PA was very aggressive in sending me mail, emails and phone calls/texts from just about every single primary campaign about registering for your mail-in ballot. Dropped my primary ballot in the mail box today. My county was expecting 10-15k new mail in ballot applications... they got 70k

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
"most"? Why not "all"?

Edit: looks like "most" refers to the outstanding voters that have not already requested an absentee ballot

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
That's the way it should be. If the GOP can't win free and fair elections, that's their problem. Maybe they should just come up with better policies.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
no, the last issue was the Governor acted on his own. This is the state board of elections exercising their power given to them by the legislation.
Well the true underlying issue was that the legislature and courts are dumb and the governor tried to do the only sane thing available given the circumstances.

But I see they learned after getting beatdown in the most recent election.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
no, the last issue was the Governor acted on his own. This is the state board of elections exercising their power given to them by the legislation.
To be absolutely fair, Palm was exercising her power given by the legislation with the safer at home orders and the court found a way to wiggle out of that one even while one of the most conservative of them called out the others for just that very thing.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I will say, PA was very aggressive in sending me mail, emails and phone calls/texts from just about every single primary campaign about registering for your mail-in ballot. Dropped my primary ballot in the mail box today. My county was expecting 10-15k new mail in ballot applications... they got 70k
PA is that progressive? Why do I feel like they wouldn't do this?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Won't their supreme court just kill this?
No. The WEC is bipartisan and has the clear authority to do this. There may be a legal challenge but it won't be taken seriously. Also the fact that these are just applications, not ballots themselves, will provide enough of a barrier for some voters to partially satisfy the GOP

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope MI, WI, NC, and PA can get un-fucked from a gerrymandering perspective. Increasing voter participation via mail-in ballots during a census year can hopefully help with that effort.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're doing this because Milwaukee did it and Republicans are scared the city might out vote their rural white powerbases aren't they?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Trump accusations of rigged elections and threats to cut funding to Wisconsin any minute now.

Honestly shocked the vote was 6 to 0. Wouldn't have been surprised if Republicans blocked it and they still will try probably just elsewhere.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Trump accusations of rigged elections and threats to cut funding to Wisconsin any minute now.

Honestly shocked the vote was 6 to 0. Wouldn't have been surprised if Republicans blocked it and they still will try probably just elsewhere.
The reason why is that before this decision, some very liberal parts of the state elected to go ahead and send applications to their voters. Would've made for a very lopsided sending of applications and thus Republicans hands were forced, as it were.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The reason why is that before this decision, some very liberal parts of the state elected to go ahead and send applications to their voters. Would've made for a very lopsided sending of applications and thus Republicans hands were forced, as it were.

Like with the state shutdowns, liberals should force move ahead with their plans and force the hand of the right. Of course the reopening started with Republican governors (and economy/lack of federal aid) forcing the hand of Democrat governors.