• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Were they speeding? I see a lot of drivers here in Denver who think they are able to drive like normal during snow and icy conditions on the road that always end up either skidding off the roads, causing accidents, or sliding through red lights. It's a miracle that man survived.

BUT I HAVE AWD!!!

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Glad he's alive.

One thing I've always wondered is why the hell engineers don't design the walls on ramps and elevated highways like that much higher? It seems like an obvious safety measure so I assume there is some reason?

maybe not solid concrete so you aren't blinded around the bend, but some sort of slightly elevated additional reinforcement.
It probably would have kept him on the road if it wasn't for the snow plowed on the shoulder.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Wow, glade it wasn't fatal. This is why I refuse to drive into work in those conditions now.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was coming in this thread to give my condolences to the drivers family but then I saw they didnt die and holy shit how did that NOT end up being fatal. That is insane.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
JFC.

That fall must of felt like an eternity. Holy shit.

Yup. Years ago I hydroplaned when driving down a mountain. My car skidded into the median, flipped upside down and skidded down the highway. If my car had swerved right instead of left I'd have plunged down the mountain. As the accident was happening everything was absolutely going in slow motion - I think because your natural instincts to survive all kick in and your body is just processing so much information so quickly perception of time is alerted. All I thought while the accident was happening was "wow, I'm having an accident right now." When it was over I undid my seat belt which caused me to fall down (car was upside down) and I climbed out the the broken out window. I had such an extraordinary high when I was safe out of my car; I felt incredible.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because of modern safety regulations.

Instead of a car pancaking onto its roof, to be sold in the United States, the roof of a cars has to be able to sustain multiple times the weight of the car. Instead of the occupant being crushed, the occupant is held into the seat by the three point safety harness pretightening and keeping the occupant in place.

They will suffer injury from the G force of the impact but they won't be crushed and they won't have major head injury from landing upside down.

God bless modern safety regulations.

It's insane he's alive, and I'm so happy we've come so far.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised this doesn't happen every 12 minutes with how generally garbage the driving population of Wisconsin is.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed the driver survived, that is terrifying. Hopefully his medical bills won't bankrupt them once they recover.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Were they speeding? I see a lot of drivers here in Denver who think they are able to drive like normal during snow and icy conditions on the road that always end up either skidding off the roads, causing accidents, or sliding through red lights. It's a miracle that man survived.

Those people are everywhere in winter weather.

Usually two feet off my back bumper.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
What hasn't been mentioned the whole thread: what car was it? This should be their next commercial.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
How do you survive a 70 ft drop? If that had happened in a movie, I would have called BS.

Very, very glad the guy survived.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I drive that way a lot and it is scary ( I don't like heights). The speed limit for it is 40 I think but most people do double that.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
He must play GTA 5 to be able to fall so far and land upright.

Looks like flames of some kind right before he hits, but I suppose it could just be a video artifact or a trick of light.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of the time I thought I was for sure gonna be killed on the highway.

Highway was ploughed and all the snow was pushed to the on ramp. I either could have went really slow and merged at a dangerously slow speed or hammer it and break through.

I hammered it. This caused me to lose control of the car. I did a 180 across 3 lanes and stopped just before I hit the median. I was lucky no cars were there that early in the morning. Looking out the windowI saw numerous cars flying towards me fast. I turned around before they gotto me but wasn't able to speed up fast enough. A few cars were blowing by me.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
It's like one of those rollercoasters that have the car face completely face down before dropping you down the ramp. But deadlier.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
And for the love of god people, WINTER TIRES. You pay once for the extra rims and then both sets of tires last twice as long.
100% with you there. Completely changed the dynamics of driving in snow.

People pay for all kinds of car maintenance, but no one pays for the last thing between the car and the road

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Jesus fucking Christ..lucky ass driver. I'm sure a driver below probably thought it was raining cars and was the start of the apocalypse lol.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
There's a bridge just like that near me and every single time I get stuck on the peak(around 90ft) in traffic , I start getting a bit queasy

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017