• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Just want to say screw Sony and their headsets. Both the gold and my platinum have snapped on the same hinge days after warranty goes out. Should have learned my lesson.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After you make the adjustment on pc it carries over to the consoles.

What setttings do you recommend if I want to make them louder?

That's my one and only gripe with the 7x so far: The crackling complaints I had with the 9x are non-existant on the 7x after trying them today (that and the dongle cord, which isn't much of a big deal but a rather odd design choice). They don't turn the Xbox on or off by themselves like the 9x did, nor do they have the annoying blinking light either. Put simply, they're superior to the 9x in every regard, which is why I'll be putting the latter up on eBay later.

I only wish the max volume was a bit louder. Not ear-piercing loud, but at least as loud as the Platinums can get on the PS5.

Oct 27, 2017

That's my one and only gripe with the 7x so far: The crackling complaints I had with the 9x are non-existant on the 7x after trying them today (that and the dongle cord, which isn't much of a big deal but a rather odd design choice). They don't turn the Xbox on or off by themselves like the 9x did, nor do they have the annoying blinking light either. Put simply, they're superior to the 9x in every regard, which is why I'll be putting the latter up on eBay later.

I only wish the max volume was a bit louder. Not ear-piercing loud, but at least as loud as the Platinums can get on the PS5.
Nothing fixes overall volume besides turning everything up, unfortunately. You need to turn the volume up all the way in the settings for each system and also on the headset dial. You also gain some volume moving the chatmix dial to game audio.

I play with the volume nearly turned up all the way. I don't need it louder than max volume, but there definitely should be more headroom on these.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little surprised that Airpods Pro work surprisingly well with PS5 and a Bluetooth compatible TV. Was initially disappointed with the audio lag, but then noticed the Android TV itself has an AV Sync for Bluetooth setting. Worked well!

Been playing TLOU2 with Airpods :)

Edit: to be clear, the airpods are Bluetooth with the TV, not the PS5.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a chance to try the Arctis 7X after returning the Pulse 3D.

Comfort: No contest this is better. I cannot emphasize this enough. First and foremost it's just no contest. This is WAY better than the Pulse. It doesn't squeeze my head. The material is just so comfortable. The ski goggle style band they have is just way better than the rubber thing the Pulse had. Doesn't hurt my scalp basically lol. My only issue is I feel like it kind of pulls the cups up a little high for me? But I forgot about it. It would just be more comfortable if I could loosen it the tiniest bit. But the main thing it does not squeeze my head at all, but still feels snug. Feels good.

Weight: My one issue with this. I think for most people it'll be perfect. But for me I wish they'd done some sort of like, strong rubber/plastic instead of the metal. It's just too heavy to be comfortable for me with my neck issues. It would literally be perfect otherwise in terms of weight. This also makes it feel a bit top heavy which mind be a tad annoying to some people, with the band noticeably heavier than the cups. Weirdly the Pulse also kind of had this issue despite the band being made of plastic instead of metal.

Sound Quality: Idk why but honestly the sound quality seems way better than the pulse to me personally. Bass doesn't feel muffled or seem to obscure other sounds. Things just seem cleaner. The default EQ isn't the best but I messed with it a bit and based it around someone else's EQ. Can't remember who it was but this was the picture they posted. I basically did that. I like it a bit better than "performance." Tried it in Apex Legends after turning on DTS on my Xbox One X. It's great. I'll have to try it on PS5 later. Everything is clean. The directional audio was great. I guess technically I haven't tried it in Demon's Souls but I feel like it'll be better. I'll edit later with my impressions of that for a more direct comparison.

Also, the fact that this works with xbox and playstation, and that it has twice the battery life (24 hours vs 12) makes this a complete no brainer for me. The code OWNZ still works on steelseries website for 12% off too. So with tax I was paying $109 vs $144, so about $35, instead of $109 vs $165 ish whatever tax would have been, so like $55. So the price difference isn't even that huge for what you are getting. Just seems like a no brainer.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
So is there a way to get the audio signals from my Phone (Discord app) and Series X in-game sounds?
Using a Arctis 7x.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So is there a way to get the audio signals from my Phone (Discord app) and Series X in-game sounds?
Using a Arctis 7x.
You would need an external device of some sort. I am pretty sure you can buy a mixer like that but it won't be wireless. Frankly if you are looking for simultaneous Bluetooth and Xbox, there might be another headset out there instead.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US

Try Performance or you could do custom setting somebody posted earlier in the thread. That worked for me fairly well.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally received my tracking number from Audeze and my Penrose should be here tomorrow. I'll be comparing them with my Sennheiser 555, RS180(wireless, no mic), hyperX cloud 2 and Koss kph30i. I'll report back when i get some time with them.

shenglongdong

Oct 27, 2017
Did you touch Dynamic Range Compression at all? Seems some reports like it set to Low.

Still can't decide between Atmos or Sonic on the Xbox side. Atmos seems to be better overall.
I left DRC off; I toggled it while playing music on PC and it seemed to dampen the soundstage. I preferred the sound with it off completely.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems the latest system update for Xbox Series X has fixed the crackling issue the Arctis 9x was having. I tried a few of the usual games and didn't have any problems at all.

So despite my previous praise, I might end up returning the 7x after all. It would be easier than selling the 9x on eBay, and quality-wise they seem on par (with the 9x having a few extra features that I didn't particularly use a lot, but still makes it the better product to keep).

Oct 27, 2017
It seems the latest system update for Xbox Series X has fixed the crackling issue the Arctis 9x was having. I tried a few of the usual games and didn't have any problems at all.

So despite my previous praise, I might end up returning the 7x after all. It would be easier than selling the 9x on eBay, and quality-wise they seem on par (with the 9x having a few extra features that I didn't particularly use a lot, but still makes it the better product to keep).
yoooo if this is true, I'm really glad. I've become so attached to the idea of playing games with headphones this year, when I never used to really care. Having such a poor initial experience with the Arctis 9X has left my XSX sitting unused far more than it should have been. Just getting the update now and am happy to hear you've had success.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yoooo if this is true, I'm really glad. I've become so attached to the idea of playing games with headphones this year, when I never used to really care. Having such a poor initial experience with the Arctis 9X has left my XSX sitting unused far more than it should have been. Just getting the update now and am happy to hear you've had success.

Please do post your impressions. The more I hear confirmation from other folks, the more peace of mind I'll have returning the 7x.

Oct 27, 2017
Please do post your impressions. The more I hear confirmation from other folks, the more peace of mind I'll have returning the 7x.
I won't have the chance to have an extended session until tomorrow, but I do have some quick feedback. I booted up AC Valhalla, let the controller idle a number of times, and didn't encounter any stutters. There's been a couple of times in recent days where connecting the headset in-game rather than at the dashboard stage has caused me less problems, so I did the opposite and set it up to fail...and it didn't. Only a few minutes of testing to report, but initial impressions on my side are good.

What I would say is that disconnecting my headset before turning off the console has once again led to the controller unpairing itself from my machine. Not sure how widespread that is across headsets, but only a shutdown of the system fixes it. I'll put up with that inconvenience though.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I won't have the chance to have an extended session until tomorrow, but I do have some quick feedback. I booted up AC Valhalla, let the controller idle a number of times, and didn't encounter any stutters. There's been a couple of times in recent days where connecting the headset in-game rather than at the dashboard stage has caused me less problems, so I did the opposite and set it up to fail...and it didn't. Only a few minutes of testing to report, but initial impressions on my side are good.

What I would say is that disconnecting my headset before turning off the console has once again led to the controller unpairing itself from my machine. Not sure how widespread that is across headsets, but only a shutdown of the system fixes it. I'll put up with that inconvenience though.

I was having that issue too with the system unpairing my controller, through I wasn't sure if it was the headset that was causing it.

Not sure if that's still an issue with the new update.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sad that my Arctis 1 wireless that I initially bought for my switch works better on my PS5 that my beloved Arctis Pro Wireless. 😢

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Got my Corsair HS75 XB today and unfortunately it seems to have some kind of interference with the Series X controller. If you stop touching the controller for about 5 seconds the audio just goes haywire and continuously cuts out until you move the controller again at which point the headset seems to "re-pair" itself to the console. I don't know, it's very strange. Also tested the microphone with my brother and he said the chat audio was cutting out quite a bit, not enough that he couldn't understand what I was saying but enough that it was consistent and noticeable.

Also the fit is very tight for someone who has a larger head and wears glasses so I think I'll be going back to my RIG 800 for now.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got my Corsair HS75 XB today and unfortunately it seems to have some kind of interference with the Series X controller. If you stop touching the controller for about 5 seconds the audio just goes haywire and continuously cuts out until you move the controller again at which point the headset seems to "re-pair" itself to the console. I don't know, it's very strange. Also tested the microphone with my brother and he said the chat audio was cutting out quite a bit, not enough that he couldn't understand what I was saying but enough that it was consistent and noticeable.

Also the fit is very tight for someone who has a larger head and wears glasses so I think I'll be going back to my RIG 800 for now.

Did you update the Xbox to today's firmware?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017

This seems to be a common complaint about all the headsets that use the xbox wireless connection. I've heard the same thing from people with the arctis 9X and razer kaira.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I did not, I'll update and test it again.

Same issue after updating the console unfortunately.

This seems to be a common complaint about all the headsets that use the xbox wireless connection. I've heard the same thing from people with the arctis 9X and razer kaira.

So I guess it's an MS issue then? It's very strange, some quick googling led me to someone that fixed the issue by using an XB1 controller and someone who fixed the issue by turning off their router (lol). Hopefully they can iron it out soon. At this point though I think I'm just going to ride my RIG 800 until Bang & Olufsen finally shows up.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still holding on to my penrose preorder despite a few issues like no Mac iOS app. I'm really hoping for good ease of use and audio quality.

my main concern is the pads , they are reported to get quite hot and I live in Australia and summer is already quite warm.Anyone have recommendations for replacement pads? I hear a lot about dekoni

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Having a hard time deciding between Arctis 1 Wireless and the 7P.

Anyone have an opinion? Seems like the 7P is more comfortable? It's costing nearly double after tax in my country...

PS5 and PC is 80% of my gaming.

With all the trouble I have had with my series X and audio, I don't even care to try headphones on them. Buggy mess.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
With the arctis 7x, do you guys here a faint noise when it's connected?

I'm on the series X dashboard, no sound but can hear a faint noise.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly after using the Pulse 3D for 2 weeks now, I find it a bit uncomfortable. I'll be looking at getting something else I think.

Sony makes very comfortable headphones for music yet they can't make a comfortable gaming headset to save their lives.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Still using a pair of, relatively old now, PlayStation Gold wireless headphones for PS4, PC, Xbox Series X. On Xbox they're wired to the controller.
Still holds up well.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Having a hard time deciding between Arctis 1 Wireless and the 7P.

Anyone have an opinion? Seems like the 7P is more comfortable? It's costing nearly double after tax in my country...

PS5 and PC is 80% of my gaming.

With all the trouble I have had with my series X and audio, I don't even care to try headphones on them. Buggy mess.

Went with the 7P and very happy. Set the EQ to music, sounds best to me. Immersion mode probably next best.

And comfort? WOW. Most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Very light clamping force if you want it like that.

I had the Sony gold wireless since they came out and what was it, 2014? really like them. Reliable and all-around good sound. The battery was starting to die pretty quickly so I donated those and bought an updated version of the golds. Came away kind of disappointed? They don't sound as good? I don't understand why the revised version sounds worse.

anyways, happy with the 7P. Big step up from the sony Gold.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Same issue after updating the console unfortunately.

So I guess it's an MS issue then? It's very strange, some quick googling led me to someone that fixed the issue by using an XB1 controller and someone who fixed the issue by turning off their router (lol). Hopefully they can iron it out soon. At this point though I think I'm just going to ride my RIG 800 until Bang & Olufsen finally shows up.

So I may have spoken too soon about the issues with the 9x being fixed.

While I didn't have any issues in any other games (besides the very rare "pop" here and there), the problems returned in AC Valhalla, where a character's dialog would start crackling unless I hit a button on the controller. I tested the 7x under the exact same cutscenes and had no issues.

I literally had the 7x packed up and ready to return to Wal-Mart tomorrow just before discovering this. I think instead I'll hang onto the 7x for as long as the return window is open, see if things improve. Otherwise, it's back to the original plan of selling the 9x.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any difference between the Steelseries ARCTIS 7 and the 7X, besides the Xbox compatibility? I'm planning on using it just on PC/PS5 (once I find one), and pretty much prefer it just aesthetic reasons (black color looks cool), I don't like the green lines of the 7X that much or the white color of the 7P.

But I'm willing to go for the 7X if it offers any other benefit I'm not aware of.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
So, been checking into this thread every once and awhile, finally decided to add the Arctic 7Xs to my Christmas list, but where is it sold? I can only find it on the SteelSeries website (and it's OOS). Guessing I waited too long to decide to upgrade from my Gen 1 TurtlBeach Stealth 700s.

Oct 27, 2017
So I may have spoken too soon about the issues with the 9x being fixed.

While I didn't have any issues in any other games (besides the very rare "pop" here and there), the problems returned in AC Valhalla, where a character's dialog would start crackling unless I hit a button on the controller. I tested the 7x under the exact same cutscenes and had no issues.

I literally had the 7x packed up and ready to return to Wal-Mart tomorrow just before discovering this. I think instead I'll hang onto the 7x for as long as the return window is open, see if things improve. Otherwise, it's back to the original plan of selling the 9x.
I sat down tonight and played for a bit - 40 to 50 minutes or so. Had a good half hour with them but then the idle controller issue returned (in AC Valhalla), and once again the console turned itself back on despite the headset being disconnected first. I've lost my patience with these and am getting rid.

Literally zero issues with my Arctis 7P headset that I got for the PS5, too. It's not like I've soured on Steelseries as a brand because they're so much comfier than my old Sony Platinum headset, but I'm definitely in the market for a new Xbox wireless headset. Suggestions more than welcome.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Is there any difference between the Steelseries ARCTIS 7 and the 7X, besides the Xbox compatibility? I'm planning on using it just on PC/PS5 (once I find one), and pretty much prefer it just aesthetic reasons (black color looks cool), I don't like the green lines of the 7X that much or the white color of the 7P.

But I'm willing to go for the 7X if it offers any other benefit I'm not aware of.

7X offers wireless on PS5, Xbox, PC, and Switch docked and handheld. That's the biggest selling point. I had the 7's and upgraded to the 7X. Everything else (sound quality, build, comfort) seems exactly the same to me. Also, you can get the 7X and then order a black headband for like another $20 if that's something you are interested in.

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
I got the arctis 7P today and man they are quiet as hell. My Hyper x cloud 2 sounded way better than this. And way louder. They broke so I bought these because of the reviews. Im playing around with the equalizer but I cant figure out how to make it louder. I have it at full volume on the PS5 system setting and the headset and its about at half of what the Hyper X Clouds were at half volume. Anyone have a fix for this?, all the drivers are up to date. Sidetone and volume all the way up. I dunno I got nothing. Cant find any solutions online. Feeling pretty bummed out.
I'm in the same boat, totally disappointed.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide on either the Arctis 9x or the Corsair HS75 XB headset - any recommendations. I know the 9x used to have a lot of disconnection issues on the One X, but hoping on the Series X it has been rectified
I'm having the same issues on the Series X as I did with my One X with disconnects, static, mic issues, etc. The 9x is flat out just an unreliable Headset. The only wireless device I have in my game room is my cellphone that sits on the charger in the corner, every device Is hardwired to my low voltage closet downstairs via ethernet, and my other wireless Headsets like my PS headsets have all worked fine. The 9x is awesome when it works, but Its not worth the coin on reliability. I ended up just getting a pair of wired Arctics 3's that have the same awesome comfort as the 9x and good sound, without the wireless issues. Hoping that the 7x fixes a lot of the 9xs issues, and ill probably get a pair of those next year and test them out.

Last edited: