• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
if you want a one size fits all solution than the 7x is definitely your best bet
Well the other thing is that I have felt like my A50s have way more interference now than a year ago, but that also could be because I have an absurd number of devices, both wired and wireless plugged in all over my sort of huge desk/gaming station...

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Got both the 7x and the PS5 Pulse. Have A50s still hooked up to X1X. Not sure which of the two to open, really hoping to move to a one size fits all solution (including PC). Someone give me some tips here!

7X.. I'm still considering the 7P (I'm Switc,PC,PS5) so the 7X doesn't really fit my needs.
If you have Xbox/PS then the 7X might be slightly better than the Pulse because of mixed use.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming you mean chat mixing, there is on Xbox.
7X.. I'm still considering the 7P (I'm Switc,PC,PS5) so the 7X doesn't really fit my needs.
If you have Xbox/PS then the 7X might be slightly better than the Pulse because of mixed use.

Yeah, I use all platforms pretty regularly. Unfortunately my MP group has really gone belly up, so while I am actively looking for a new stable group to play COD and Destiny 2 type games with (hit me up on PMs, please!) so the only game where chat mixing is important all would be Call of Duty, maaaybe? Still haven't decided what platform to get that on.

Ok thanks for this info - going to probably just try the 7x next week and keep the pulse in the box. Worse comes to worse I just return it or sell it here if it would help someone out. Alternatively, I could just keep my A50s on XSX and PC (just need the firmware update) and use earbuds on PS5 or something...lots of options?

Jan 2, 2018
The 7X would have been perfect for me if it it had a usb-c for charging and wouldn't require a dongle for XSX just like the 9x.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, one more quick question to my avatar brother - there is no sound mixing at all right?

as I understand it not on the headset itself but the PS5 will have an OS level ability to do it? I never really play online so it's not something I ever messed around with on PS4 with my Arctis Pro so I can't say for sure

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
as I understand it not on the headset itself but the PS5 will have an OS level ability to do it? I never really play online so it's not something I ever messed around with on PS4 with my Arctis Pro so I can't say for sure
Ok cool - I think I am just going to go with the plan of trying out the 7X when both platforms are out, keep the Pulse in the box unless it turns out they do something proprietary and crazy with the PS5 tempest sound stuff. Worst comes to worse ill keep what I currently have (A50s for XSX, Earbuds for PS5) - but the multi-use 7x sounds awfully appealing.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the situation with the Arctis 7X (or any headphone) and the Dolby atmos license that you can buy for $15?

Souplex

Oct 27, 2017
MI
Can someone explain the situation with the Arctis 7X (or any headphone) and the Dolby atmos license that you can buy for $15?

Dolby atmos is the 3D studio xbox has had for a while. Instead of the standard surround sound headphones do where it can originate from 360 deg around you, it includes vertical information so you can hear things above and below you.

Oct 28, 2017
ARCTIS 7x seems like the way to go but wish there were rewiews out for the Penrose. Interested in the audio quality difference and confortability

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I just ordered the 7x....but now im dojng research on the Audeze Penrose X... does it work with both systems? Anything I should know ? How much of an improvement is it over the 7x?

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017

I would get the 7x in case that down the road you decide to get an Xbox S. Depending if the exclusives are good, we'll see...

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
What do you think about the Arctis 9 (I would use it on PS5 and PC)? I love that it let's you use both audios at the same time so it's ideal for my use, Discord on PC + games on PS5.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the Arctis series headsets are able to connect to the LG OLEDs for sound directly?

Looking for a wireless headset that I am able to use for all of PS5, Xbox and TV.

Deleted member 9857

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! This combined with no sales tax is a pretty sweet deal.

oh man lucky, I get hit with sales tax now on SteelSeries own site :( stupid Virginia

Anyone know if the Arctis series headsets are able to connect to the LG OLEDs for sound directly?

Looking for a wireless headset that I am able to use for all of PS5, Xbox and TV.

I'm not sure if LG supports audio through USB but you would be able to use the Arctis Pro Wireless just fine since they have an optical input option, I'd wait for their Black Friday sale to pick those up though

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dolby atmos is the 3D studio xbox has had for a while. Instead of the standard surround sound headphones do where it can originate from 360 deg around you, it includes vertical information so you can hear things above and below you.
Dolby Atmos works great with games that supports it. Otherwise you can use the free Windows Sonic. :)

So you guys reckon it is worth purchasing for the Arctis 7X. right? Sorry absolutely 0 experience with this stuff.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
I'm leaning towards the 7x ($50 more for bt is crazy on 9x) but I've heard the bass is okay, music can get "muddy" and sometimes the mic is static.

What's bunk and fact?

My completely non-professional opinion with the 7x's is that they are quite good. I would not call them great, not sound wise. Much better gaming sound than music sound. Keeping my Penrose X preorder and fingers crossed they provide more detailed info that includes it being compatible with the PS5 like the 7p/7x situation.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like anyone who cant run optical out from the tv is getting kind of boned? I play through a monitor so was pretty reliant on optical out of the xbox for my Astro A50's. I know the Gen 3 and 4 Astros are getting updated to support USB but I am still running Gen 2's. I also cant seem to get a clear answer that the Gen 4's will be fully functional (i.e. with party chat mix and surround sound).

Are the SteelSeries tied to optical in the same way? saw lots of posts in the early pages about using optical out from the TV which would be problematic.

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like anyone who cant run optical out from the tv is getting kind of boned? I play through a monitor so was pretty reliant on optical out of the xbox for my Astro A50's. I know the Gen 3 and 4 Astros are getting updated to support USB but I am still running Gen 2's. I also cant seem to get a clear answer that the Gen 4's will be fully functional (i.e. with party chat mix and surround sound).

Are the SteelSeries tied to optical in the same way? saw lots of posts in the early pages about using optical out from the TV which would be problematic.
The Arctis 7X/P are USB only. My Arctis Pro Wireless do have an optical port but as far as I know you should be able to use them in USB mode just fine (I haven't tried it on my playstation, but it works fine on my PC)

Deleted member 9857

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
for anyone that for some reason wants more than one transmitter, SteelSeries has spares up for order in their accessories now for $30 a pop, they say they ONLY work with their respective headset but I'm kinda curious to see if anyone tries the 7X transmitter with a 7P headset to see if that's actually true

I'd recommend waiting for Black Friday when they might run a 50% off all accessories deal like they've done in the past

edit: oh looks like they're currently out of stock anyway

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Just bit the bullet on the 7X! Thanks to all for the recommendations and the promo code.

So will I need to buy the Atmos license separately?

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm very very tempted by the Arctis 7X but I'm hesitating. I'm not a high end audiophile but I do find good sound quality important. I've always had wired headphones around the 200-300 price mark so I fear that at 180$ for a wireless headphone, the sound quality might not be good enough...

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Just bit the bullet on the 7X! Thanks to all for the recommendations and the promo code.

So will I need to buy the Atmos license separately?

The answer to your question is yes, the Atmos license is separate. But it prompted me to try setting up Atmos with my 7X on Xbox One and I'm having some trouble. Basically the Dolby App is telling me I can't set up a headset using USB/Wireless - has anybody successfully set up Dolby Atmos on Xbox with the 7X?

edit: Restarting my Xbox did the trick. I hadn't used the Dolby app in a very long time and I suspect my Atmos license wasn't being picked up by the Xbox or something.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017
Same.
I'm worried the audio quality won't be there at this pricepoint but I don't see any 'new for fall 2020 PS5 (also Switch and PC)' devices aside for the A7X.
I'm looking for something for my PS5, Switch, and PC on my LG CX via Shield TV Pro with Discord. Don't know it that's all possible with one device.