• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I expected higher capacity BRD's than 100GB, but I suppose they're still "good enough" for most applications. Worst case scenario ship a game with 2 discs like the old days.
With guaranteed SSDs there's less need to dupe data shipped on disc to aid reading speeds so games in theory don't need to be gigantic in size, or the increase won't be linear at least compared to what we got right now.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
With guaranteed SSDs there's less need to dupe data shipped on disc to aid reading speeds so games in theory don't need to be gigantic in size, or the increase won't be linear at least compared to what we got right now.

The PS4 has read everything from the hard drive since day 1 and doesn't read from the BRD, so why would there be duplicated data on the disc at all?

The PS3 was known for duplicated data on the BRD's, but that system only had partial installs.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seems like bluepoint hinting at that demons souls remake roumored will be ps5. (Launch title?)

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those DualShock 5 tidbits have my attention. Just tell me the battery life is significantly improved, Sony. Talk dirty to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they are bothering with Japan day and date.

There are other countries that will be way more hungry for it.

I'd take those consoles and put them somewhere else to reduce shortages.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Are they gonna drop it or just allow us to turn it off? Isn't it needed for VR?
They didn't talk about it at all. I'm just hoping they drop it.

edit:
So are the triggers resistance based of a game by game basis? Or am I reading that wrong?
You read that correctly. It's the same for the X1 triggers (mostly used in Horizon and Gears I believe), and the Switch HD Rumble (most games use basic rumble).

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty indifferent towards rumble/haptic feedback, and I especially don't care about a microphone and improved speaker on the controller. Hopefully the first year of the console's output isn't too reliant on controller gimmicks (looking at you... Lair and Sixaxis motion control).

Graphically this thing is sounding great though. Plus the focus on fast load times is of course welcome.

I wonder when we'll start seeing any form of game footage.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.