• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes Consumer Reports leagues better than anyone else, including Wirecutter, is the fact that they purchase all their items they subjected to testing. They're purchased with subscriber revenue. They don't take "gifted" or "donated" stuff for their reviews. It's as close to a true independent unbiased point of view you'll get.

This is how Wirecutter started, and I think still is unless it changed.

Wirecutter at one point was far superior in some product areas to Consumer Reports, but since they got sold to NYT it's been a slow gradual change. Their lists barely update anymore and when they do many of the recommendations feel more in line with "here's a cheaper item you can find anywhere" than "buy it for life".

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The 14 cup Cuisinart?
The "3.5" cup Kitchen Aid which goes for $60 but they recommended refurb (or was it open-box?) unit from eBay for $20 shipped which is a steal.

Thing leaks like mad from the top with really any amount of liquid. How hard is it to put a seal or gasket? I gave it away lol Its blade is also pretty weak, imo.

Surprisingly my Magic Bullet/Nutri Bullet has been the best all-arounder. So I'll likely just get that one again. I ended up wearing out the blade on it after a year of extremely heavy use with mainly smoothies. Helped make countless mean tomato sauces, too!

But it was solid other than that.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The "3.5" cup Kitchen Aid which goes for $60 but they recommended refurb unit from eBay for $20 shipped which is a steal.

Thing leaks like mad from the top with really any amount of liquid. How hard is it to put a seal or gasket? I gave it away lol

Surprisingly my Magic Bullet/Nutri Bullet has been the best all-arounder. So I'll likely just get that one again. I ended up wearing out the blade on it after a year of extremely heavy use with mainly smoothies. Helped make countless mean tomato sauce, too!

But it was solid other than that.

Ah that one. For small food processors, I've heard good things about Ninja and Cuisinart, but not so good things about KitchenAid unfortunately. Too bad too, because they have a lot of fun colors that other brands don't bother with.

That's the one that I bought and It's built like a god damned tank. Makes really great pizza dough.

It's the one I want but it's so $$$ :x

Jul 1, 2020
When smoke started pouring out of my last food processor I figured by "Harbor Freight tool" rules I figure I should probably splurge on a new one.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Ah that one. For small food processors, I've heard good things about Ninja and Cuisinart, but not so good things about KitchenAid unfortunately. Too bad too, because they have a lot of fun colors that other brands don't bother with.

It's the one I want but it's so $$$ :x
I have a Ninja blender and it's amazing. Even found it in the trash lol just kinda unwieldy for most of my purposes which is usually cooking for 2.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Ninja blender and it's amazing. Even found it in the trash lol just kinda unwieldy for most of my purposes which is usually cooking for 2.

I'm fortunate enough to have a (refurbished) Vitamix blender and I'm pretty happy with it (even though it's one of their lower tier models and doesn't do everything their top of the line model can do).

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Just use the google search of "top 10 (product) of (current year)" to make all purchases.