• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely trying to make a God of War/Uncharted killer, right? Let's see if they succeed.

Hopefully better than Sony was at finding a Halo killer. Personally I hope they do their own thing and build off that like Sony did with their studios. It'll work out far better for them in the long run.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for Microsoft putting out some solid exclusives next gen so long as they keep putting all their games on PC at launch like they have been.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Because Xfans like to hype themselves up nowadays. It's oke, but some people have to chill a bit.

Any news about the new cleaner? Seems to have worked at Guerrilla Games.

They are hungry :P

Why?............

Anyway, this is a great move in the right direction for Microsoft. I'm in their "corner" lol because their success is good for everyone.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I actually have been a fan of the more varied, weird catalogue of MS 1st party this gen. But a great deal were unpolished or just didn't have high production values, and the ones that did weren't exceedingly well received.

More people should have bought Sunset Overdrive.

>:'(

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
If you mean Derek Daniels, he's no longer at SSM.

There was someone who got promoted to CD who will work on GoW5 (Whilst Cory probably works on a new IP) but I forget his name.

Does SSM employ two directors for a game, game director and creative director, the way ND does? Really hoping Cory stays on as a creative lead for GoW.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
If you mean Derek Daniels, he's no longer at SSM.

There was someone who got promoted to CD who will work on GoW5 (Whilst Cory probably works on a new IP) but I forget his name.
Do you know his name? I know that Raf Grassetti got promoted to ART Director and Jeet Shroff to Gameplay Director.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
It may be hard to not own both an Xbox and PS5 if the exclusive content is as compelling as it's shaping up to be!
Or a good gaming PC and Sony console.

People forget that all future Microsoft games will also be released on PC? Lots of Xbox games have already made it into Steam and the Windows Store.

It makes them good money and I doubt them abandoning this practice.

Captain_Raoul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ok guys. I'm also an xbox gamer (have both consoles). I can see why it's interesting to find it out for a new studio but nothing new in general. Devs going from studio to studio.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

People forget that all future Microsoft games will also be released on PC? Lots of Xbox games have already made it into Steam and the Windows Store.

It makes them good money and I doubt them abandoning
That's true.

But a good gaming PC will cost 2-3x as much as an Xbox. People seem to forget this.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Current SSM director lineup that we know of:

Design Director - Jason McDonald
Gameplay Director - Jeet Shroff
Narrative Director - Matt Sophos

.... Creative Director? - Cory Barlog

Wow, okay. Jason has been promoted! He was in the combat/gameplay dept for a long, long time, I think.

Also, don't think they had that gameplay director position before.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018

It makes them good money and I doubt them abandoning this practice.

I don't think the PC side of Xbox has been making them a lot of money.

Algorum

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
That's true.

But a good gaming PC will cost 2-3x as much as an Xbox. People seem to forget this.
True but I made the investment back in 2016 to no regrets.

I think it's a worthwhile investment and not all of them are omega expensive either.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Don't these companies hire at a steady clip?
I don't see how a Linkedin find warrants an article like this, but then again, this is Windowscentral.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
D
That's true.

Depends in Brazil you can buy a PC gamer for the same price than Xbox one x.

And after you buy your PC one time you don't buy everything again. Plus you don't pay live on PC. You have access to a much larger library and the best version of all games ou there from third parties and from Xbox too.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I don't think the PC side of Xbox has been making them a lot of money.

I think sales haven't been great on PC, so far. Especially their earlier titles such as Gears of War 4. Don't think Age of Empires:Definitive Edition was a great success.

But Sea of Thieves has Twitch presence and had a decent amount of people on pc playing the game on the beta. Like.. 300k or something?

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Xbox will definitely be much more competitive next gen, this is gonna get good.

Algorum

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Not everybody wants to game on PC
I was so anti pc till I actually jumped ship due to losing everything and looking at some pc games I've always been interested in.

I use an Xbox controller and feel right at home with the plentiful of options I have available. It feels good if you know what your doing.

Always been a console gamer and still am! But after playing on PC I feel like I have a different perspective when it comes to gaming in general.

Just my opinion! Cheers!

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I know this is off-topic, but I wish Stig returns to work on GoW5, handling all gameplay and boss designs. Him on the gameplay side of things and Cory as the creative director, could be a match made in heaven.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
There is many more PC gamers out there than Xbox one devices.
True, but the games that are important to MS have sold better on the console side which is worrying.

Probably not, no, but I believe for some games it's a vital component for success - Sea of Thieves comes to mind. It wouldn't have such a prominent streaming presence if not for the PC accessibility.

I think sales haven't been great on PC, so far. Especially their earlier titles such as Gears of War 4. Don't think Age of Empires:Definitive Edition was a great success.

But Sea of Thieves has Twitch presence and had a decent amount of people on pc playing the game on the beta. Like.. 300k or something?

I think it all depends on the XB2, if the console does well fresh out of the gate and the PC side doesn't pick up, I could see them reducing the amount of games they release on the PC side.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Interested enough to comment though?

I read about this hire in the other thread on ResetEra, probably the same place where the writer got his inspiration for this article.

I mean, it's a good get. Guy has a pedigree. But I feel it's a real thin premise for a PR fluffpiece on it's own. These companies shift personnel constantly.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Only recently discovered how much of a team these folks are putting together. Can't wait to see what gets brought to the table next gen!

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I read about this hire in the other thread on ResetEra, probably the same place where the writer got his inspiration for this article.

I mean, it's a good get. Guy has a pedigree. But I feel it's a real thin premise for a PR fluffpiece on it's own. These companies shift personnel constantly.

I'm pretty sure MS has nothing to do with this.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True, but the games that are important to MS have sold better on the console side which is worrying.

I think it all depends on the XB2, if the console does well fresh out of the gate and the PC side doesn't pick up, I could see them reducing the amount of games they release on the PC side.

I'm not so sure, if gaming is the future for Satya and Phil, and multi platform streaming is included in that, I don't really see them going backwards.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see that they are filming the journey. Looking forward to seeing what they are up to.

I doubt that MS is worried about PC sales not picking up. They are making console games primarily and it's been pretty obvious that PC games really aren't their focus. That being said, I also doubt that they will retire the "Play Anywhere" feature, at least for their 1st party. In fact, I think a couple games will be "Play Anywhere" across Xbox One, PC and the next Xbox. Why? Because games like "Halo: Infinite" are most likely launching in the transition period and I doubt 343i would want to split their playerbase between 3 different versions and thanks to "Intelligent Delivery" this is very possible.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft likes to hype up everything they do. It doesn't always work out in the end, but they certainly generate a lot of excitement from their fans.

You sound excited for "them".

The reality is people are generally excited for what's going to come next genertion in general, that also includes the PS5. Personally it would be nice to see better competition.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I'm not so sure, if gaming is the future for Satya and Phil, and multi platform streaming is included in that, I don't really see them going backwards.
I doubt that MS is worried about PC sales not picking up. They are making console games primarily and it's been pretty obvious that PC games really aren't their focus. That being said, I also doubt that they will retire the "Play Anywhere" feature, at least for their 1st party. In fact, I think a couple games will be "Play Anywhere" across Xbox One, PC and the next Xbox. Why? Because games like "Halo: Infinite" are most likely launching in the transition period and I doubt 343i would want to split their playerbase between 3 different versions and thanks to "Intelligent Delivery" this is very possible.

I guess we have to wait and see.

WP10 devices still receive games.