• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an official statement saying to do this or is this just based on your own experience?
I've refunded multiple broken games (PUBG, MCC) and this was my personal experience. It's no official statement but like most customer service things, if you actually speak to somebody and express your dissatisfaction they will gladly reverse it

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I would bet money that there's a contractual obligation involved, due to the co-marketing deal with Microsoft, and CDPR is being cute about this knowing that the other party can't clarify.

CDPR can get fucked. I really hope what you're saying is not true.

But yeah Microsoft must be kicking themselves for aligning themselves with Cyberpunk 2077. What a clusterfuck. Microsoft SHOULD be going nuclear, and delisting the game and offering everyone a refund. But they've probably wasted millions of dollars on helping market the game.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see the updated commercials. "Cyberpunk 2077 - Play it on Xbox in 2077."

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I've refunded multiple broken games (PUBG, MCC) and this was my personal experience. It's no official statement but like most customer service things, if you actually speak to somebody and express your dissatisfaction they will gladly reverse it
Well that's good to know. I've never had a bad experience with them when I've called so I'm perfectly willing to believe this will happen, would be nice if they maybe mentioned this somewhere as I have to believe they knew perfectly well the state of the game before they actually okayed the game to be listed on the store.

edit: and there we go right after I mentioned it, lol. Good job Xbox Support!

Aug 23, 2018
Good, I plan to buy it for series x during holiday break. Seems to run mostly fine on it and if it doesn't they already extended their refund policy

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
good. MS apparently is refunding the game as asked and its perfectly playable (though yes, buggy) on XSS/XSX.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, we don't know how the "talks" with PlayStation went.
It could have just been Jim calling them up, saying they were removing the game until it's fixed, and hanging up.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how Microsoft is going to deal with this, they are in an sticky situation thanks to their marketing deal and Sony forcing their hand

MS does not have a policy guaranteeing all Cyberpunk customers a refund, which Sony have adopted for the PlayStation Store.

Can you get a refund even after finishing the game? Or Soby put some conditions on refunds?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I said would happen. It's a combination of MS having a functional global refund sysyem(them denying refunds after CDPR sent angry customers their way doesn't change this. If/when they decide to switch to 'no questions asked' refunds for this game, their system, unlike Sony's, is able to accommodate it), and the fact the X|S isn't as tethered to last gen as PS5 when it comes to running or patching BC games. There's a lot more going on there vs. simply running the XB1 version at a higher framerate & resolution.

And even if they did decide to delist the XB1 version, X|S designation, as we've seen, could be applied via a "Smart Deliver" patch.

May 19, 2020
they should probably delist it though, seems kind of pointless to keep selling it when there's a blanket refund policy in place. i get that the marketing contract probably
ties their hands obviously

Nov 27, 2017
California
Not surprised really
Microsoft paid for it to be named main console in commercials and reports have said it runs decent on series x so unless it goes off the rails with crashes they'll keep it on the store

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
I get Xbox has a better refund policy but the statement by Sony pulling the game makes it clear it does not meet the required standards which makes MS look bad by keeping it listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.