• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
www.windowscentral.com

No talks over Cyberpunk 2077 removal from Xbox One, says CD Projekt Red

"We are not in such discussions with Microsoft at the moment"
CD Projekt Red's Chief Executive has told Reuters it is not currently in talks with Microsoft over pulling Cyberpunk 2077 from the platform.

From Reuters:

Poland's CD Projekt is not in talks with Xbox producer Microsoft about a possible withdrawal from sale of a console version of Cyberpunk 2077, the company's chief executive said on Friday.

"We are not in such discussions with Microsoft at the moment," Adam Kicinski said in a statement to Reuters.
The news comes after Sony announced it had pulled the game from the PlayStation store and was offering refunds to PS4 and PS5 customers.

CDPR has acknowledged the decision and stated that it is working hard to bring the game back to the PlayStation Store as soon as possible. It still available for physical purchase, in the meantime.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Very curious about why a different approach would be taken for the Xbox version than the PlayStation version.

I know Microsoft's refund policy is generally less restrictive than Sony's, but to my knowledge MS haven't agreed to unrestricted refunds for all Cyberpunk customers. I wonder if they'll be pressured into doing so.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
They're perfectly fine with letting people continue to buy it while they themselves acknowledge how bad it is.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It is a nuclear move. I'd not expect Xbox to follow suit. Maybe on the refund front.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Were there even any discussions between CDPR and Sony before it got pulled?

Maybe MS just yanks it without discussing it in the first place.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Now we know why CDPR delayed everything to Dec 10 when they could have released it for PC in November, and cancel PS4/XBX1 releases and skip to to PS5/XBSX generation for a release on those consoles in 2022.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine that would get messy contract-wise for MS if they delisted it given their partnership. But as long as they refund every request without issue I don't see a problem aside from people buying a borked game.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
eh considering when everything happened and the time zones involved not surprised that there hasn't been any talks yet. if it's not removed by christmas though it ain't ever getting taken off.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk being an Xbox console exclusive was not on my 2020 Bingo card.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they had the marketing deal sooooo
And now they have a console exclusive XD

How does it run in comparison?

Base XBO is literally the worst version, DF had a full 1 minute long streaming pause.
XBX is better, runs at higher resolution than PS4 Pro but has worse performance.
Series S|X are better just like the PS5 runs the PS4 version better.

But all of them are very buggy and prone to numerous crashes.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Maybe not removal, but I can see Xbox maybe suing them. They took the marketing deal and they confess to not prioritize the console versions. I wouldn't be surprise if Xbox doesn't take a similar route to Playstation

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Schreier's article mentioned that pulling it from PSN was an "agreement" between CDPR and Sony. I have to imagine it's a matter of time before Xbox follow suit.

Can't imagine Microsoft are happy that they co-marketed this game with CDPR, only for CDPR to put out such a broken, second-rate experience on their console.

May 19, 2020
Are they playing past the refund time frame?
i'm not like the keeper of all the refund stories so i don't know for sure. i would argue that as it stands the PSN policy is friendlier because it's just a blanket refund whereas you would still have to make your case to xbox customer support, who can deny a refund based on whatever.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Sony's removal made it to my local 6 o'clock news on the television here in the Netherlands, we almost never get anything gaming related on the news unless something big happens.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Xbox has a 2hr auto-refund window. It's pretty clear the game is busted in the first 2 hours. So not really the same thing - since at that point it's an active choice.

Though my guess is Xbox will allow a longer return window for this game - but not delist.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but there were plenty of people stating they were unable to get refunds on Xbox as well so it's not like it's a guarantee for anyone.
If you call them and actually say hey I'm unhappy they will gladly do it. The automated system doesn't take exceptions like this into account t

for Xbox if you refund it within a time limit it's automated. People played cyberpunk for weeks so it's going to take a call

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
It would be something to behold if MS pulled the plug of a game they made a special edition console

maxresdefault.jpg

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the worst performing version too. Guess they'll think twice about the next marketing contract.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Are there examples of how bad the game is on PS4?

I am a little out of the loop here...

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I know Microsoft's refund policy is generally less restrictive than Sony's, but to my knowledge MS haven't agreed to unrestricted refunds for all Cyberpunk customers. I wonder if they'll be pressured into doing so.

there's nothing in MS's policy that would make it special to do so whereas with Sony it would open the floodgates as doing it for one game would essentially result in almost completely changing their policy

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Oh this is the same statement we got many hours ago from Reuters. Thought something new from WC.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I would bet money that there's a contractual obligation involved, due to the co-marketing deal with Microsoft, and CDPR is being cute about this knowing that the other party can't clarify.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Very curious about why a different approach would be taken for the Xbox version than the PlayStation version.

Well here's one big difference

6408533_sd.jpg

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If you call them and actually say hey I'm unhappy they will gladly do it. The automated system doesn't take exceptions like this into account t

for Xbox if you refund it within a time limit it's automated. People played cyberpunk for weeks so it's going to take a call
Is there an official statement saying to do this or is this just based on your own experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.