• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
He should man up and apologize, acknoledge the mistake (hopefully) and try to do better.
Nothing worse than playing stubborn and putting the blame on others.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
He should man up and apologize, acknoledge the mistake (hopefully) and try to do better.
Nothing worse than playing stubborn and putting the blame on others.

he actually did respond.. (even directly to one of your posts).

And don't expect more from him (at the moment).. he is probably traveling back to the UK after his E3 visit..

Oct 25, 2017
The double down is really silly. Like, I'm an Xbox fan and no, I think it's shitty to promote someone with toxic views like the ones on display. Even shittier that he got so ridiculously defensive over the objective fact that "he done goofed."

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The double down is really silly. Like, I'm an Xbox fan and no, I think it's shitty to promote someone with toxic views like the ones on display. Even shittier that he got so ridiculously defensive over the objective fact that "he done goofed."
Exactly.

I've appreciated the approach MS has taken with gaming since the One X and am excited about Scarlett. Does that mean I'll accept Bigotry because they like Xbox? Fuck no. Fuck Homophobia, fuck anyone peddling it.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know people giving him flack for his clickbait article about xCloud where the comments didn't seem to match the article title was equivalent to people "shitting on the Xbox community". Reading through those replies, people seem to exist in a parallel universe.

I'm glad Jez feels justified propping up people who casually use the word "fag" and clarifies that people who might find that distasteful are awful people/anti-Xbox, though. Using fanboyism to justify your homophobia might just be a new low for me.

I'm just so sick of this feeling like a daily occurrence and that expecting some basic human decency is asking too much of large swathes of gaming communities. Beyond over it.

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, he's taking a clear stance by refusing to apologize or to distance himself from the homophobic YouTuber in question.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I first played Minecraft and kept digging a hole until I ended up falling into lava. Funny to hear him say this because digging a hole in Minecraft will only get you burned.

Let's see if he is able to avoid it.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
he actually did respond.. (even directly to one of your posts).

And don't expect more from him (at the moment).. he is probably traveling back to the UK after his E3 visit..

"Resetera pretty much takes any opportunity to shit on the xbox community as a whole and anyone they feel represents it"

(People here quite like Xbox I thought????)

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a good look Jez..
Was hoping the user he said to follow was unknown to the gaming community.. alas, he is pretty widely known for his vile rhetoric.

Edit: Jez, I didn't know that was your opinion of Era. Yikes. Not sure what to think about that. Sounds like fanboy mannerisms from Jez in that regard.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Wow, what a reekfest this dude turned out to be.
Imagine trying to steer a discussion about homophobia into the direction of some gamer "Sad how nowadays people still prefer a piece of plastic" bullshit.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I remember when I first played Minecraft and kept digging a hole until I ended up falling into lava. Funny to hear him say this because digging a hole in Minecraft will only get you burned.

Let's see if he is able to avoid it.

Lol i thought the same thing. Hilarious reference he decided to use. Dude is a man-child. How embarrassing. Yeah i'm gonna avoid Windows Central from now on.

WizardMemories

Alt account
Banned
May 22, 2019
You see, the funny part about his edit is that it shows he loves being here even though he knows it is against his ideals.

Why stay if you don't like the forum?
I'm just playing devil's advocate here but most people probably follow this forum not because it's really progressive but because it's the most active videogame forum on the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
after i replied to him last night and asked him to consider an apology, my twitter mentions have been an endless parade of console warrior and gamergate rhetoric nonsense lol

Nivek

Banned
Apr 24, 2019
I'm really surprised to see Jez Corden telling people to follow Dealer Gaming. For those of you who are unaware, Dealer has been one of the most toxic gamers in the community. He literally did a video calling Playstation users F@gs and talking about their mothers. Why in the hell would a well known journalist be promoting this kind of behavior? Even when he's not calling gamers names he's constantly fueling division. And the other guy he's promoting Colt is pretty questionable as well.

Here is just ONE horrible rant from Dealer.

I don't know if he's unaware of the people he's promoting or what. But it's very concerning. If the proof of toxicity is too much, I apologize. I just didn't want to make a claim without providing proof.

**Update**

Jez blames the outrage on people here not liking Xbox and hasn't apologized for promoting toxic gamers

That Jez is very conservative in gaming.
Very divisive and toxic.

Oct 27, 2017
I replied to him lashing out at era:

This is how he responded

Now:
screenshot_20190614-016jub.png

lmao

Not sure what else there is to add. He truly learnt nothing.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Lol what a fucking cowardly prick. Gets called out and instead of taking accountability starts the predicable pity party, doubles down in his bullshit and tried to spin it around to being Era.

Lmao. Hard to believe that is the behaviour of an adult. Well it isn't actually is it.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Why people say that so often?

Today we had about 20 Xbox/Phil threads, GP is praised everywhere and they are pleasing the PC community. The E3 was criticized just like Sony's last year. People should stop being so defensive.

It's a fact. There are more fans of Sony here , every poll about ownership or preference supports this. That's not a problem in itself.
Sales are 2:1 , but ownership or preference on era isn't.

Now nobody is saying that everyone who likes Playstations is a fanboy , but from purely statistical point of view that means that the number of crazed Sony zealots are going to outnumber the Xbox zealots. And if you are somebody who doesn't want any part in those petty arguments, then Xbox threads being bombarded with the same narrative, often by the same people can seem pretty overwhelming at times, because it sours the flavour of certain threads.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's really that hard to say "Sorry I signal boosted a fuckhead, didn't know." That would have cleared everything up really nicely, and it seems in line with his values given his commentary both related and unrelated.

Really disappointing to see him spout the "I just wanna play games" rhetoric instead of owning up.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this dude is an absolute manchild. His meltdown reeks of immaturity and insecurity, it's quite a sight to behold.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Why do people keep begging for apologies and saying they goofed? He didn't goof up, he didn't make a mistake, he's obviously being himself and putting what he thinks and who he likes on display.

When someone shows you who they really are just believe them.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep begging for apologies and saying they goofed? He didn't goof up, he didn't make a mistake, he's obviously being himself and putting what he thinks and who he likes on display.

I'm approaching this from a good-faith perspective. If he isn't okay with the homophobia, then he's doing a poor job at it. We all understand his angle.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Of course he will Miles.

I don't know, he keeps digging himself deeper. If he'd just said he didn't know the Dealer guy was a cunt, I think this would have blown over for the most part, but the idiot just kept digging and becoming more and more aggressive in his replies.

Is this gonna be like the "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS " woman case?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me, but who knows. Maybe it's not blowing up that much outside of the forum? I don't know where to look to see what's happening with this story outside of the forum.

I'm sure WC have caught wind of this though.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, he keeps digging himself deeper. If he'd just said he didn't know the Dealer guy was a cunt, I think this would have blown over for the most part, but the idiot just kept digging and becoming more and more aggressive in his replies.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me, but who knows. Maybe it's not blowing up that much outside of the forum? I don't know where to look to see what's happening with this story outside of the forum.

I'm sure WC have caught wind of this though.
Considering he's mentioning Era, I doubt this has really spread anywhere else.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over/under on if he'll still have a job when he lands?
I'm sure he'll be fired for badmouthing a fringe left-leaning forum that is despised by a large part of the community.
Don't get me wrong, i fully agree with ResetEras policies, but look around you, we're the small exception to the edgelord/bigoted masses that make up "gamers".

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I guess it's really that hard to say "Sorry I signal boosted a fuckhead, didn't know." That would have cleared everything up really nicely, and it seems in line with his values given his commentary both related and unrelated.

Really disappointing to see him spout the "I just wanna play games" rhetoric instead of owning up.

People like him will never grow up. Mentally at least.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm sure he'll be fired for badmouthing a fringe left-leaning forum that is despised by a large part of the community.
Don't get me wrong, i fully agree with ResetEras policies, but look around you, we're the small exception to the edgelord/bigoted masses that make up "gamers".
Is it really that bad, or is it just who's most vocal? Surely not.. I hope not.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I really, really want to shout vehemently that being a decent person who occasionally play games can't possibly be the rare exceptions in this community but alas, I really don't have much to back it up and too many cases points to the opposite recently...

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
"sILeNcE sTRaiGhts" must be the dumbest shit I've read today. But it's still morning here, I'm sure the internet will top it before the day is out.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I doubt it. And if something happens, guess who is to blame in his (followers) eyes.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.