• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i always thought that writer came off as an xbox fanboy, but I guess this makes him an xbox fanboy that gives spotlight to alt-right content creators

Last edited:
OP
OP
xMaximusx

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know anything or care about the Dealer dude but what's wrong with Colt? Dude's been pretty chill and always encourages unity among the community from what I've see.

They are inseparable and best buddies. Not only that, he likes to act like he's on the moral high ground and preach unity but if you look at his replies he's just as toxic. He's just low key about it and passive aggressive, which imo is the worst kind. If you're gonna be toxic i'd rather you wear it proud so I know to block you.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find the fact that Dealer gaming vids are not blocked from every gaming website absolutely abhorrent and disgusting. I've known about this for a while and I actually did bring this up with a mod here on era, some time ago.

The fact that his vids are still freely posted here is beyond words I can muster. I thank OP for making this shit public!

johnnydork

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: inflammatory generalizations
Xbox is the best community, shame that some people try to highlight the worst 98%

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Good for him on that, I applaud him. But then, I am more surprised as why he would recommend someone who uses the term "fags" and "retards"?

Also my original reply was because he sounded like: "whatever, I don't care for that site reactions at this". 'This' being him recommending someone who uses homophobic language

Looks like he did delete the tweet.

Seems that way. Hopefully he understand why this reaction at him recommending that kind of people

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
he shouldnt have promoted him, he deleted the promo and thats that. no real reason to tell him to go fuck himself and that he should lose his job.

We dont even know how much he even knows of the guy outside of that he probably has a small-ok sized following and that he talks about Xbox shit. Should take a deep breathe once in a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Deleting the tweet is not enough

He already gave these people exposure. He needs to undo the damage by calling out their toxicity and calling for the community to do better

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he shouldnt have promoted him, he deleted the promo and thats that. no real reason to tell him to go fuck himself and that he should lose his job.

We dont even know how much he even knows of the guy outside of that he probably has a small-ok sized following and that he talks about Xbox shit. Should take a deep breathe once in a while.

If he doesn't feel the need to call out ableist slurs in a tweet he's directly responding to, and insteads opts to play some victim "they hate me anyway" card, he can go fuck himself and lose his job for all I care.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
User Banned (3 days): inflammatory drive-by
This forum is like 98% hate lately. Reminds me of another gaming forum.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
God damn I haven't been subjected to such stupidity in a long time like I was with that audio clip in the OP. Does he always talk like that?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't be recommending people without doing some research first. It's presumed when you recommend something you've experienced it and agree with the content.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: console warring
Pretty sad. But Windows Central journalists are on a streak... Writing an article hoping that Xbox is more powerful than PS5, and now asking people to follow a hate monger.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't be recommending people without doing some research first. It's presumed when you recommend something you've experienced it and agree with the content.
He doesn't need any research because he knows Dealer pretty well. They are buddies. They follow each other, they talk with each other, the play games together. He knows what kind of person he is.
The same goes for Colteastwood.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he actually responds saying rep is important and that giving lgbt a voice doesnt mean silencing others but you do you. neat to see how easy it is for you to throw someones life away in your eyes tho but it is what it is.

That doesn't cancel the lack of a response to "Ree" and "-tard". And lol @ "throw someone's life away". His behavior is childish.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I replied to him lashing out at era:

This is how he responded

Now:
screenshot_20190614-016jub.png

lmao

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect him to know the controversy around that streamer, but he's digging himself a bigger hole by not just clearing the air and apologizing.

Oct 27, 2017
This forum is like 98% hate lately. Reminds me of another gaming forum.

Oh please. Night and day from the forum you're probably referring to. Absurd comparison.

it doesn't seem like he learned anything

I don't really understand that. So should nobody call him out when he promotes what he thinks is just a nice fella saying nice things when it's in fact actually kind of awful person? Like what is the expected reaction?

Oh, and as per the latest, obviously a very mature adult.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that's a sad line of defense he's putting up that banks literally on Xbox fans being the only decent people here, lol.

I always thought he was a decent dude, disappointing to see how immature he is.

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know the guy or his views so it could well have been an honest mistake, but the fact that he is casting himself as the victim and refusing to take any personal responsibility for fucking up is not a good look. All it would have taken is a tweet saying he doesn't endorse bigoted views or, i don't know, something at least. But instead he's going for the "Everyone on Resetera is horrible" which is pretty lazy generalisation. I kind of expect better? Maybe i shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.