• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised to see Jez Corden telling people to follow Dealer Gaming. For those of you who are unaware, Dealer has been one of the most toxic gamers in the community. He literally did a video calling Playstation users F@gs and talking about their mothers. Why in the hell would a well known journalist be promoting this kind of behavior? Even when he's not calling gamers names he's constantly fueling division. And the other guy he's promoting Colt is pretty questionable as well.

Here is just ONE horrible rant from Dealer.

His entire feed was full of comments like this, but when people threatened to report him he went through and scrubbed everything. Jez is calling him a personal friend.

I don't know if he's unaware of the people he's promoting or what. But it's very concerning. If the proof of toxicity is too much, I apologize. I just didn't want to make a claim without providing proof.

**Update**

Jez blames the outrage on people here not liking Xbox and hasn't apologized for promoting toxic gamers

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I make the mistake of hear the rant you posted. jfc! Reminds me of everytime someone post the comments of post from Crapgamer twitter and such.

Yeah, journous have no reason to promote that kind of stuff. Unless they think it's OK

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
Well Jez corden is the journalist equivalent of Tim Dog so it's not really a surprise but that's pushing a bit far I think.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Inflammatory Generalizations
The Xbox community is a dumpster fire for the most part so I can't say I'm surprised tbh.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Well, we should demand a response from him because if intentional that's utterly disgusting.

Well Jez corden is the journalist equivalent of Tim Dog so it's not really a surprise but that's pushing a bit far I think.
There are some messed up people representing the Xbox community.
The Xbox community is a dumpster fire for the most part so I can't say I'm surprised tbh.

How about we not generalize an entire community.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Damn I didn't know dealer was like that. I don't follow anyone beyond YouTube, what he say? An Colt too? Always seemed super chill to me.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I've never watched a Dealer video but I'm sure Jez has. I'm aware of the content Colt produces so a journalist telling people to follow someone who produces content to mislead others is quite something. Whew.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017

Let's specify what you mean by the most part since you are defending your generalization. 50%, 60%, 70%?
I mean, is there ANY community that you don't think is a dumpster fire?

On topic, pretty terrible of him to be promoting someone like that. Does he know?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed.

Wouldn't want folks thinking I'm talking about the whole community.
I rarely go on Twitter but when Xbox changed their icon to the Pride Month one, I saw a good amount of "Glad I'm on PlayStation" posts. Which is ironic considering PlayStation does the same thing and has TLOU.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I rarely go on Twitter but when Xbox changed their icon to the Pride Month one, I saw a good amount of "Glad I'm on PlayStation" posts. Which is ironic considering PlayStation does the same thing and has TLOU.

It happens every year in both platforms. Never dare to read facebook comments

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
Well, we should demand a response from him because if intentional that's utterly disgusting.

How about we not generalize an entire community.
Well I was only talking about jez and Tim dog I don't think 2 people is generalizing.And I know they absolutely do not represent the Xbox community and thank god they don't.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know anything or care about the Dealer dude but what's wrong with Colt? Dude's been pretty chill and always encourages unity among the community from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Gamers Youtubers Streamers Journalists are a mistake.

Let's just... come to the conclusion that Social Media was a mistake or an eye-opener?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Well that's not a good look. Windows Central now belongs to the trash I guess... not that I held them in high regard previously to be fair.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Brands and PR people should have learned that they should not be endorsing youtubers by now.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Is that clip how the guy normally is on stream or was it an isolated incident? I've never heard of the guy but it's possible Corden only knows him as a big time streamer. I'd link that tweet in his replies.

isaaccs

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
Jez is a good man. I really don't think he knew about that, that was many years ago. As for Dealer, I have no opinion on him, I don't watch his videos, but I don't think Jez would tell people to follow him if he was usually like that. Most likely an isolated incident, but again, I don't know.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dealer is an example of when Console Warz becomes your entire personality. What trash.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but why MS has to give gifts/tickets and promote these guys? It's not an isolated case

And they should be called out on that. I'm not defending Xbox for promoting shitty people, they should really be looking at who they're engaging with but I do think MS as whole is doing a better job than any other platform holder at promoting an inclusive community.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
The ''crumbside'' Xbox community on Youtube is a dumpster fire. Some of the saddest bunch of people in a gaming community.

Status
Not open for further replies.