• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hope this fixes the issue where occasionally my Windows Explorer freezes whenever I try to create a new folder...

Ofc, there's no way in hell I'll be installing this today.

Last edited:

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
LOL at updating any of Windows 10's new "features" upon release when it fucks with your computer every time.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
This happened when I went to download it using Microsoft Edge

Windows-Update.jpg

"Windows10UPgrade was blocked because it could harm your device"

At least MS was honest.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
A really big thing to note with this build is on current windows 10 if you have a 144hz monitor and a 60hz monitor anything playing on the 60hz destroys the framerate and causes stuttering on the 144hz however it's finally fixed in 2004.

Oct 27, 2017
I heard this fixes quite a few of the eGPU woes people have been having (or am I confusing that with a version that isn't out until later in the year?)

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
To be fair, they have greatly slowed down how quickly they roll these out. Getting this thing on day one still poses a risk, but less risk. For what its worth, I've been running this on a couple of test machines at work for a few weeks (since it went RTM) and they've been working perfectly.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Man, on the one hand, I really want WSL2, on the other, I fear something is broken and will fuck up my system.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Turning off the indexer is something I always do on new installs if using spinning disks. I wonder how much this improves that.

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
Hope this fix my copy&paste problem in windows. I cant use that command unless I have to restart the service for that everytime i reboot my computer. Annoying bug as hell.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Maybe placebo but the beta 450.99 drivers and this massively improve frametimes. Quickntest of rdr2 and Warzone both had almost smooth lines uncapped

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Updated last night on one of my machines. Might as well do this one too.

Great update. No issues, not that I ever have anyway. Win10 is an amazing OS.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I'll be sure to delay the shit out of this on my wife's Surface 2 and desktop until I know it won't eff something up yet again. Last time it actually completely removed her power and battery settings on the Surface. The desktop just acted all kinds of weird and it started wanting to do goddamned defrag on the SSDs.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Any benefit for gamers and livestreamers? It has been a rough past few updates in the last year with Game Mode and all.. XD

Ghostmate

Dec 11, 2017
I upgraded just to get WSL 2 so I can run a proper Linux kernel using the native VM. The transition seemed pretty easy. Let's just hope this will be adequate for my class on Operating Systems.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
My windows update doesnt have an update and the update tool says there is no update..so..I dont know lol. My current version says 1909.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
Yep, WSL2 and Windows Terminal 1.0 is what I'm waiting for. There is no way to force the update through Windows update right?

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, WSL2 and Windows Terminal 1.0 is what I'm waiting for. There is no way to force the update through Windows update right?

You can download the Media Creation Tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When prompted, instead of creating a USB media tool or whatever you can just selected "Upgrade this PC." Should let you keep settings/files/apps/etc.

Windows Update also doesn't have the update for me yet and I'm impatient so going this route haha.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
You can download the Media Creation Tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When prompted, instead of creating a USB media tool or whatever you can just selected "Upgrade this PC." Should let you keep settings/files/apps/etc.

Windows Update also doesn't have the update for me yet and I'm impatient so going this route haha.
Thanks!
FYI, Windows Terminal 1.0 is on the store (and github), you don't need to upgrade for it
Yeah I just noticed mine was updated to 1.0 on the 23rd. Good stuff.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
ooooo, someone test this please

forums.guru3d.com

NVIDIA INSIDER Preview Driver [450.99][Standard]

OS feel smoother with 450.99 driver, going to test games out now. PhysX software is missing in this driver which you can download it from here...

this is where I found it, saw people saying stuff feels much smoother and higher framerates over 450.82

might be some WDDM improvements in this build

if anyone wants the DCH driver without having to sign up as a developer on NVIDIA's website, here is the link to 450.99:

https://mega.nz/file/3UsBiDCD#tFCskejYkuuwyhRsmpLq5xMqArl5X4jmNsF9szZM9l0

EDIT:

it seems that the HW GPU Scheduling is not supported by NVIDIA at the moment

unknown.png