• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Novak!

I love Federer and am really happy with his level of play. But Novak took the crucial points. So what can you do? The champ is the champ.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing what Federer did here all things considered.

Djoker is a machine.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fed played a lot better than I thought he would but Djokovic played better when it mattered, well deserved. Can't believe how many chances Fed fucked up over the course of it though, I hope those championship points when he was serving for it haunt him for the rest of his life =P

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Good win by Djokovic.

He really controlled his nerves on the biggest points when Fed didn't.

Neither guy seemed to have their game today.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Fed had it when he aced Djokovic twice and had double championship point on his serve.. that what a choke not closing it out then.

Still, what an all time match.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Incredible drama for this final, never thought it would go to the final set tie break. Djokovic has bossed all 3 tie-breaks even though Fed might have dominated the match overall. Brutal fight, Djoko itching closer to the GOAT status.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Roger had 2 fucking championship points... and then proceeded to lose 8 straight points... i can't....

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Djokovic on another championship. That was a decent, but very frustrating and exhausting match with a sadly predictable outcome. Both were playing far more inconsistently than they usually do. Federer isn't quite able to string together consistent high-quality matches as well as he once did, but I thought he was largely the better player throughout each set (save for the tiebreaks, of course) and that it was mightily impressive how lengthily a 38 year old held on. Had Fed played at the level he did against Nadal, he would have been in a considerably better position today. Still, as a Federer fan, the victory against Nadal was more rewarding than anything I expected coming into this tournament, especially considering Federer's age. Hopefully Federer can make another deep run in the US Open, preferably with a more satisfying result.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Has to be the most heartbreaking loss in Roger's career, has he ever had 2 championship points in a grand slam final and lost?

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great match and win for Djoker these guys are legends just hope the us open is just as compelling, great showing for both guys

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Crazy Federer is going to get passed by Nadal and DJ in grand slams when everything is all said and done. The GOAT era

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Gonna take a long break from watching tennis. Beating Nadal and Djokovic back to back would have been the ultimate dream. He was there. He was the better player. Then it all faded away.