• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn Serena got destroyed, seemed like she basically gave up near the end, just wanted it to end. Maybe she was hurt or something?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
interesting how serena manages to go to the finals in her mom-era but then gets destroyed there.
hasn't won a single set in 3 finals and never even got to a long set.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize the last time Serena won a slam was the Australian Open '17. I guess it'll be a struggle to match the record now.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Damn Serena got destroyed, seemed like she basically gave up near the end, just wanted it to end. Maybe she was hurt or something?

Serena is 37 going up against an incredible defensive player. If her power shots aren't working that is all shes got.

Tournament directors love Serena which is why they book her so late in the day well after the sun has set against players that aren't great. If she played earlier in the day in the hot summer sun she wouldn't even be a factor.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I follow tennis, not as closely as many of you, and serena just seems unfocused. She is doing everything but focusing on her game right now. I hope people are being frank with her rather than patting her on the back and sugar coating it. She needs to get serious or stay home.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
here's a fun fact for you all:
when sampras was in the stands to watch Federer beat his record of 14 GS at wimbledon 2009 he was the same age as Roger is today.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I follow tennis, not as closely as many of you, and serena just seems unfocused. She is doing everything but focusing on her game right now. I hope people are being frank with her rather than patting her on the back and sugar coating it. She needs to get serious or stay home.

I believe she was paid over $2 million for playing here at Wimbledon and if the younger players aren't great then why stop? keep collecting checks as long as she understands she wont ever win the final lol

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Great performance by Halep.

I hope Serena does manage to pass that scumbag Court's record someday.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I believe she was paid over $2 million for playing here at Wimbledon and if the younger players aren't great then why stop? keep collecting checks as long as she understands she wont ever win the final lol

Because her GOAT persona and declaration suffer with each loss. I don't think she is doing it for the money because her and hubby have more than enough, but I think people are going soft on her. She needs to stop her journey to socialite and reclaim her game.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
If true and she continues to skate easily into the finals at majors, the women's game must be a dumpster fire right now.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Serena has to win 24 at Roland Garros where the expectations and the pressure for her are the least out of all the Grand Slams

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone goes on a run now and we're not stuck with one dominant person and women you think will go on to do something but end up winning one or two and not doing much else

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
My favorite thing about Wimbledon is how none of the employees give a shit about what's going on on the court. Dude in the men's doubles final just got pelted in the face with a ball and there's no concern from any of the line judges, the chair umpire, security, nobody.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
If by some miracle Roger wins tomorrow, what are the odds he announces his retirement?

Does it even make sense? At the level of the everyone outside the top 3, he can still beat pretty much everyone for the most part.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If by some miracle Roger wins tomorrow, what are the odds he announces his retirement?

Does it even make sense? At the level of the everyone outside the top 3, he can still beat pretty much everyone for the most part.
Slim to none. This year he actually picked up his schedule by playing clay tournaments. He's gonna be around a while longer

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

He is starting to look old to me. His shots don't have much pop on them at times and I don't think his endurance is what it used to be.

That said he loves playing so I think he will play as long as he is having fun. People said he should have retired numerous times now. Can't ever count him out.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
He is starting to look old to me. His shots don't have much pop on them at times and I don't think his endurance is what it used to be.

That said he loves playing so I think he will play as long as he is having fun. People said he should have retired numerous times now. Can't ever count him out.

His shots still have pop. I remember Casper Ruud meeting him for the first time earlier this year and noting he'd never played someone as fast.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If Federer wins tomorrow, Serena may want to look behind her instead of in front of her. Fed may catch her in total singles slams one day.