• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
with halep being one of the biggest chokers of all time and serena being serena i wouldn't trust halep winning if she was up 6-0 5-0 (40-0).

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
The scream from Serena felt like Nadal's attempts to pump himself up yesterday. I wonder if the result would be the same.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I was rooting for Serena to see the record broken, but Halep is too good today not to appreciate.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Serena is getting desperate, her serve is not hurting Halep enough and she can't end the rallies in 2-3 shots like she needs to. She's flustered.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
It's not over yet because Halep is very apt at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But the outcome probably isn't in Serena's head nor racket anymore.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
serena gave up mentally a long time ago. we've seen this happen to her many times. she'll be back and get that next major in time.

congrats to simona on the championship

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
A Wimbledon final done within an hour?

I feel for people who paid top dollar to see this.

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
margaret-court-smith-medium.jpg

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
I know this isn't her 1st slam but this is finally the Halep that was promised.

Kinda hope she goes on a dominant run. WTA needs one of those players imo.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Serena will never win #24. It's the insurmountable mental hurdle that will define the latter stages of her career.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
SI-MO-NA!

my god I'm so proud of her!! what a historic day for us romanians!! Tears, man, tears.

Serena is such a champion. But today so was Simona.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
FOH man. This is unnecessary.

Not really. I am not denying these athletes are amazing, I am simply saying that there should be better parity between the men's game and the women's, starting with, for instance, playing best of 5 in grand slams - especially since both genders are now earning the same.

It's not fair to men's that women's earn the same for a 55-min game than men's playing for 3 or 4 hours (tomorrow)?

Congrats to Halep for this match, though. I do wonder if Serena is not thinking of retiring now.