• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
great match, good shit Fed.

Please bring it and give us a good match on Sunday.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
10965.jpg
=P just seen that scenario happen way too many times. Glad Fed pulled through.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be like 2015 where Fed plays a great semifinal and then loses to Djokovic in the final, isn't it?

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
someone hit me some stats: when was the last time Federer got broken in a grand slam when he was serving for the match?

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never thought I'd see federer beat nadal ever again in a slam after AO2009, now he's done it twice! he's refined his game, beat the 2nd best player ever after having a terrible match up issue with him. he outrallied him today. even if nadal was below par that's mightily impressive. and it still might not be enough to win the tournament. should be a great final

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
Wow; that was incredibly tense! Despite inconsistent play from Nadal, that was a great match. When Federer plays as well as he did today, there's nothing in tennis that quite compares, imo. Hopefully Fed will bring this level of play against Djokovic. Even though I'm anticipating a Djoker victory, Federer has an excellent opportunity if he plays as well as he did today.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If Fed was 3 years younger I would favor him in the finals.

But this year his shots don't seem to consistently have enough power to sufficiently bother Joker. He is finally looking old (to me a to at least).

Feds best chance is an off day from Joker or it becoming an indoor match (Fed can go for more lines and shots).

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
If Fed was 3 years younger I would favor him in the finals.

But this year his shots don't seem to consistently have enough power to sufficiently bother Joker. He is finally looking old (to me a to at least).

Feds best chance is an off day from Joker or it becoming an indoor match (Fed can go for more lines and shots).

Fed certainly looked better today. If they both play at today's levels Fed has got it.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The finals on Sunday will be the 10 year anniversary of Federer beating Roddick 16-14 in the 5th set. That score can't be achieved with the new tiebreaker.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Djokovic has the most AO titles and is the current champ.
Rafa has the most FO titles and is the current champ.
Federer has the most Wimbledon titles and ....

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the second set abomination, was a fairly convincing win for Federer.

I go to ESPN, top two headlines:

"Federer needs 5 match points to beat Nadal"

"Nadal dominates second set"

LOL

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Even if he loses on Sunday, I'm always super happy when Fed can beat Nadal, especially at Wimbledon.

It still would be amazing if he could somehow pull off #21 though.