• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is blue origin actually going to space this time? Rather than just going really high and then coming back down.
Is he going to space, or is he going to "space"? Because I'm pretty sure Blue Origin has never actually managed the former
just going up and down that's all new Shepard is able to do and if they really wanted to experience ''zero g'' just book the ''vomit comet'' not only it's cheaper you'll also have more ''zero g'' time overall

Is Blue Origin trying be like a gimmick company that is just known for launching celebrities into space?
it would appear so considering they haven't done anything of note except suing nasa their rocket and engine is years late

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
william-shatner-irony.gif

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Now every Star Trek captain is going to want to go. Sit your ass down, Bakula. You're not going.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
CNN has a story about it on their front page. I saw his picture before I noticed the headline and thought he had died.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
So the list of people outside of astronauts going into space in chronological order is.

1. Tech billionaires
2. Old celebrities
3. ??

11000. Me.

You've been able to buy your way into orbit for two decades now. Price was reported to be ~20 million in 2001. Since this is a gaming forum, I'm obligated to mention that Lord British, who created the Ultima series, is one of the few who bought a trip.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Why did the Blue Origin rocket smell bad?

Cause William shat-n-er

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Oct 25, 2017
I think liftoff is currently scheduled for the exact minute I become unavailable to watch but i'll try to peek on my phone if I can

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
This is a really childish question but why do their rockets look so phallic?

first off, you're not alone in pointing this out lmao

second, from what I remember, the capsule is designed to be compatible with their next rocket (new glenn), which is larger in diameter. it'll look more like a "normal" rocket when atop that, I think - they decided to save money/time by making something that could work on both and, well, now we're here

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Bezos is a giant dick, so why shouldn't his rockets be too?
I didn't think the answer was that easy and obvious but it's what I would assume.

first off, you're not alone in pointing this out lmao

second, from what I remember, the capsule is designed to be compatible with their next rocket (new glenn), which is larger in diameter. it'll look more like a "normal" rocket when atop that, I think - they decided to save money/time by making something that could work on both and, well, now we're here
Oh interesting haha, ok. I guess that's…something at least.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I just don't think I could do it. Too scared to take a chance at it.

Yeah, at 80-90, I absolutely would.

Couldn't do it in my 30s.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So the list of people outside of astronauts going into space in chronological order is.

1. Tech billionaires
2. Old celebrities
3. ??

11000. Me.

If it makes you feel better, from what I understand of this one, it's not really space. Just like really high. If this was an astronaut or not the super rich, super rich celebs, etc, I wouldn't quibble about minor details, but because of who is primarily going up there I can't help but cut them down a bit.

This is a really childish question but why do their rockets look so phallic?

Engineered for maximum thrust.

Oct 27, 2017
Science in general has a male bias as it is, all those laws and units of measure and formulas (especially in physics) continue to be named directly after the men involved with the research.

Oct 27, 2017
If it makes you feel better, from what I understand of this one, it's not really space. Just like really high. If this was an astronaut or not the super rich, super rich celebs, etc, I wouldn't quibble about minor details, but because of who is primarily going up there I can't help but cut them down a bit.

Engineered for maximum thrust.

All the Bond double entendres. "Preparing for re-entry, etc."

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Yeah I agree OP there was a news item on this today and I couldn't get over the fact he's 90. I think it's an android replacement.

Jan 29, 2018
Booster landing simultaneously looked awesome and kinda fake, haha.

Hopefully captain Kirk is okay. Crazy how short the flight actually is. Like waiting 2 hours for a 2 minute roller coaster ride times a thousand.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I love when Blue Origin plays just the tip above the Karman Line in a giant dick.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
... that's it? A few minutes on the penis rocket and they're already back? I sincerely hope they didn't pay for that.