• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Zero Hour.
9 A.M.
And I'm gonna be....
HIGH.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Next SpaceX is going to announce Patrick Stewart will be going up to space with them, and launch before Blue Origin.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Is this even safe for him given his age?

the honest answer is... probably? we don't know for certain, but there's not much reason to believe it'd be less safe than john glenn orbiting on the space shuttle at 77 (shatner's older, sure, but orbit requires much higher velocity/acceleration/deceleration and it was for a much longer time)

in general, the public tends to dramatically overestimate how physically dangerous going into space is (outside of the like "will the rocket blow up" thing, in particular). we sent a 77-year-old man into orbit for 9 days 20 years ago and, to the best of our knowledge, he was completely fine. adjusting to/moving in microgravity takes getting used to, but healthy people aren't at much risk at all

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Personally I've never seen the appeal of going to space as a regular civilian, at least in this early stage of space travel. It's just a plane ride with extra uncomfortable sensations.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
That's pretty cool. Even if its just a publicity thing for BO. Still cool to see the original Captain of the Enterprise in real space.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I totally want to go to space I want to experience the lack of gravity and see the earth in all its glory.
I guess it might be kind of worth it for the view, assuming you have access to a good window and the angle is right.

Zero gravity lost its luster for me way back when I learned that being in orbit means you're in constant freefall, and you just keep missing the planet. I can't stand the sensation of falling, lol.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Watch them get ambushed by the USS reliant.
pKOMnVD.gif
Edit: Yuck. That was too flashy.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Is blue origin actually going to space this time? Rather than just going really high and then coming back down.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Is he going to space, or is he going to "space"? Because I'm pretty sure Blue Origin has never actually managed the former

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Is Blue Origin trying be like a gimmick company that is just known for launching celebrities into space?

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold?

It is very cold in space.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Shatner that amazes me is not just that he looks a lot younger than he is, he could have and probably does have lots of really well done cosmetic surgery along with having good genes.

No the thing that amazes me is that despite his age, he moves and talks like someone that's 30 years younger than him. Now that is not something you can get from surgery. And he isn't even a particularly fit guy who's working out and stuff and juicing up all the time like Stallone.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Let's be real, at 90 years old, nothing is safe. May as well say fuck it and go for it.

Being one of the incredibly small percentage of ALL humanity to be able to go into space is....a pretty damn fine way to go TBH.

Take me there
🌠

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Zero Hour.
9 A.M.
And I'm gonna be....
HIGH.

lol yeah first thought

Oct 27, 2017
Cool for him. But still, it's a gimmicky trip barely even touching space for a few minutes.
SpaceX's version of space tourism is on a whole different level.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if I can live a successful life to 90 and then get to go into space, I'd be happy even if the thing blows up on reentry. What more do you need to do at that point?

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I was going to post the Star Trek XII: So Very Tired thing from the Simpsons, but you know what? Good for Shatner. I hope he has fun.

bezos can fly off to hell though