• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
This movie is gonna be absolutely absurd and I am going to have to go to the imax for this shit.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
"Why'd ya have to show yer face Peter"
"HAAAAAAAARK"

God I love the lighthouse and it cemented Dafoe and Paterson as some of the greatest actors out there. Can't wait for this film and do see all the crazy shenanigans!

Also are we really feeling bad for my boy Tom? Dudes going to be in everything becuase he is an absolutely fantastic actor. If you haven't seen The Impossible (The movie about the Thailand tsunami), then you really need to watch that to see his chops. Also that netflix movie which sucks but not cause of him or Paterson they killed there role. The script just sucked and moved at a glacier pace! He will be fine if this movie doesn't revolve around him.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
There was no other super hero in far from home.

We aren't pretending that fury is a super hero now, are we? Because "mustn't involve literally any other named character" is a silly requirement to define something as a "solo" movie.

I think Tony's influence was still felt in the film though. In the MCU Holland's Spiderman feels less like a complete Spiderman and more of a hybrid between Spiderman and Ironman, and leans pretty heavy into Tony's influence/actions. Far From Home may not have had Tony or any of the other Avengers in it, but it had Happy (who is very much tied to Tony in the MCU) and Mysterio (who became a bad dude because of Tony's actions). EDITH, one of Tony's inventions, also played a huge part in the film.

Stuff like that is why Holland's Spiderman is my least favorite of the 3.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Why'd ya have to show yer face Peter"
"HAAAAAAAARK"

God I love the lighthouse and it cemented Dafoe and Paterson as some of the greatest actors out there. Can't wait for this film and do see all the crazy shenanigans!

Also are we really feeling bad for my boy Tom? Dudes going to be in everything becuase he is an absolutely fantastic actor. If you haven't seen The Impossible (The movie about the Thailand tsunami), then you really need to watch that to see his chops. Also that netflix movie which sucks but not cause of him or Paterson they killed there role. The script just sucked and moved at a glacier pace! He will be fine if this movie doesn't revolve around him.
Plus I highly doubt this will be his last Spider-Man movie.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Tony's influence was still felt in the film though. In the MCU Holland's Spiderman feels less like a complete Spiderman and more of a hybrid between Spiderman and Ironman, and leans pretty heavy into Tony's influence/actions. Far From Home may not have had Tony or any of the other Avengers in it, but it had Happy (who is very much tied to Tony in the MCU) and Mysterio (who became a bad dude because of Tony's actions). EDITH, one of Tony's inventions, also played a huge part in the film.

Stuff like that is why Holland's Spiderman is my least favorite of the 3.
Well yeah, like it or not he's Tony's protege, that's his character and it's not going away.

He's still the main central character of these movies. I'll never see why this is such a huge problem for people.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Tom Holland as Spider-Man and hope he can keep doing it for many years.

It would be nice to see an older Peter Parker and the stories that goes along with it eventually rather than a reboot and rehash every few years with a new High School Peter. Let Miles Morales be the High School Spider-Man for a while.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Well yeah, like it or not he's Tony's protege, that's his character and it's not going away.

He's still the main central character of these movies. I'll never see why this is such a huge problem for people.

But that's my problem with him. To me, he feels more "Tony's Protege" than he does "Spiderman".

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But that's my problem with him. To me, he feels more "Tony's Protege" than he does "Spiderman".
What about current Peter doesn't make him Spider-Man? Because some of his tech came from Stark? He gets tech from other people all the time in other media why is it a problem here? Because he's not just staying in Queens busting Shocker for the umpteenth time? Again, not something the MCU invented.

Sep 10, 2020
tenor.gif

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Am I the only person who feels kinda bad for Tom Holland? Like obviously he's super famous now and he'll be rich for life.

But not one of his Spider-Man movies has just been HIS movie. They've all been tethered to another superhero, or now another fucking universe.

Can't we just get one 100% solo Tom Holland spider-flick?
this

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, would have been cooler to find out when I watched the movie though.

Leaks are so annoying

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
What about current Peter doesn't make him Spider-Man? Because some of his tech came from Stark? He gets tech from other people all the time in other media why is it a problem here? Because he's not just staying in Queens busting Shocker for the umpteenth time? Again, not something the MCU invented.

Maybe you're right, I don't read the comics. I'm just saying I don't prefer that over the previous 2 Spidermen (or Miles Morales). You're free to prefer this Spiderguy, I don't because of the protege aspect of him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Toby's Spiderman and Garfield's Spiderman felt like they were mostly doing things themselves, which I prefer for the character.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen quite a bit of terrible movies he's been in like Dog Eat Dog which funny enough also had Nic Cage.
You mean the movie directed by Paul Schrader? He wrote Taxi Driver, Last Temptation of Christ, and Raging Bull, and he directed Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters and First Reformed. Sure Dog Eat Dog might suck but it probably sounded like a great idea for Dafoe and Cage to work with Schrader.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Am I the only person who feels kinda bad for Tom Holland? Like obviously he's super famous now and he'll be rich for life.

But not one of his Spider-Man movies has just been HIS movie. They've all been tethered to another superhero, or now another fucking universe.

How was Far From Home not about his Spider-Man?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This would be absolutely incredible if he's back as Norman. I would be way more psyched for this than the Spider-men

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

When Sony took Spidey back after FFH do you think Tom wanted his Spidey to be in the MCU or not?

Kinda silly to feel bad for him, the movies are all him but feature another hero or 2. What's the point of a totally solo Spiderman movie when the whole thing was about Spidey finally joining the MCU.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
When Sony took Spidey back after FFH do you think Tom wanted his Spidey to be in the MCU or not?

Kinda silly to feel bad for him, the movies are all him but feature another hero or 2. What's the point of a totally solo Spiderman movie when the whole thing was about Spidey finally joining the MCU.
It's a pretty silly complaint.

FFH made a billy largely because it was an MCU movie.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Nope. Because this isn't true.

Both of his Spider-Man movies have absolutely been his movie. They are both clearly stories about Tom Holland's Peter and his is the center of it.