• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you fly on the 737 MAX?

• No way

Votes: 441 75.0%
  • YOLO

Votes: 147 25.0%

• Total voters

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
At the very least they will rebrand it. Hopefully they release the name of the rebrand so I know not to go anywhere near it.

TLDR: Fuck no

screen-shot-2019-07-15-at-3.03.53-pm.png

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I will avoid it at all costs but if I can't and there's no other reasonable option then fuck life we going in.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
The DC-10 was grounded in '79 and it eventually went on to have a very good safety record. All planes have different flight characteristics that results in unstable performance under specific conditions. As long as Boeing trains the pilots properly and Engineers don't try to design systems that fight pilot control, I'll have no concerns flying on one.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The DC-10 was grounded in '79 and it eventually went on to have a very good safety record. All planes have different flight characteristics that results in unstable performance under specific conditions. As long as Boeing trains the pilots properly and Engineers don't try to design systems that fight pilot control, I'll have no concerns flying on one.

I think it's just more then training and engineering that is the problem?
Boeing has ordered inspections of its entire fleet of grounded 737 Max planes after it found debris in the fuel tanks of some of the aircraft, in the latest setback for the US plane-maker.

www.theguardian.com

Boeing 737 Max: debris found in fuel tanks of grounded planes

‘Absolutely unacceptable’ discovery a new setback for US firm, which orders inspection

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Never. Nope. Hell no.
I'm glad others feel the same - people around me have been saying I'm crazy for saying I'll never fly on one if they ever reappear.
I fly Delta though, and don't think they even have them in the fleet.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
There is no way it will fly again under that name. Will be rebadged and the masses will be fooled into thinking it's another plane. Probably named 737 10 or something else.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If it still gets cleared at some point, it will be the most scrutinized plane possible, so I would think it's adequately safe to fly.

That said, I don't expect the MAX to survive in its current incarnation.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trusting any new Boeing plane until they move the headquarters back to Seattle.

EDIT: I could be persuaded if the CEO did a stunt like flying on random Maxes around the country with pilots who were not alerted that the CEO would be coming. If they don't do something like this, I can only assume they don't trust their own plane.

Last edited:

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
man, what a shitshow

sam doesn't even mention the debris found in 70% of 737 maxes (resetera thread). their attempts to sanitise this are fascinating and wretched; I read that pamphlet about alleviating customer anxiety and I think it'll do jack-shit in a lot of cases. I bet a LOT of people are going to kick up a fuss about this plane once they bring it back. another HUGE point of consideration is the fact that this fiasco tanked carriers' confidence in the FAA, meaning that many if not most non-American airlines will push their own re-certification programmes, delaying this plane's resurrection. it's a monumental fuck-up