• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you buy RE8 if it’s first person?

• Yes, I’ll buy it day 1.

Votes: 563 68.8%
  • Yes, but I’m gonna wait till it’s used/discounted.

Votes: 119 14.5%
  • No, I will not buy it.

Votes: 136 16.6%

• Total voters

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. 7 was a great game.

I prefer RE4 style like REmake 2, but it won't stop me for a moment from buying it day 1.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I'll buy it if it has VR support. If they make another game in the vein of REmake 2 I'll skip it. 3rd person is fine for action RE but not for horror RE.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 was my personal GotY. If they maintain that quality, then it is an easy day one purchase for me.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's good, sure, but then again I didn't find RE7 appealing(I don't think it was related to the perspective) at all while REmake 2 is one of my favorite games of all time already.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
If it's also a good game, aka the only thing that actually matters to me, sure, I'd buy it.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Definitely, i really love the approaches from both RE2 and 7, but i still have a special place in my heart for the Baker family.

It basically brought me back to Resident Evil and made me feel enthusiastic about gaming in a way that only 4 had, way in the past. Can't wait for the future of both FP and OTS RE, for sure.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
really doubt it'll go first person again, seems RE2make is the direction the winds are blowing. but i would prefer they continue RE7's direction if up to me.

though ultimately it's whatever

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As long as it's like RE7, definitely, especially if it's VR too. If it's turned into some action focused FPS, then no.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, definitely. I'm really hoping it builds of Resident Evil 7's ideas. I think there was a formula there that with a little bit of refinement could make for a really amazing game. I'm not going to be too put off if it's not first person though, but i'm hoping it is.

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Fps or not, if it's like RE7 no I won't buy it. I just don't care about heavily scripted jump scare games. I'm interested in resource management and strategic aspect of dealing with enemies that RE has. RE7 was terrible for any combat scenario.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'll wait for a discount. I foundt RE7 to be less than stellar, and FP isn't really my preference, so I can wait.

Oct 28, 2017
It's a sequel to the game that brought RE back to the top where it belongs and is using the same new gameplay style it used to get there. Of course I'm gonna be there day 1.

If RE8 is not first person I will be bitching and moaning about it I can assure you.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
beside RE1RE (didn`t played 2 yet), is the best RE experience i ever had, and i play the series since the first release on ps1.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't write it off completely. I thought 7 was decent but it doesn't hold a candle to REmake 2.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
100% yes. RE is finally the RE that i love. 5 and 6 put me off terribly so now they're actually scary and have huge horror elements i'd have to get it day 1.
1st Person is just another way for them to scare me and i love it.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So this might seem like a weird or redundant topic but it's something I've been curious about.

I see a lot of debate about which style people want the next Resident Evil but I'm curious how much that style affects the people's decision to purchase it.

I'll be honest, if RE8 is first person I'm probably not going to get it. Or at least I'm I'm going to wait a good while to get around to it when it's heavily discounted.

I'm just curious how others feel.
Perspective has no bearing on whether or not the game will actually be decent. The fuck is this?

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I won't mind either way, but I do prefer third person

I have never bought RE day 1 though

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I'm not a fan of first person in a lot of genres but I think it works well for horror games, I'll be happy either way

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love psvr I'd prefer a first person RE to not have VR if the main game is going to be slightly catered with it in mind.

I feel like the boss fights really suffered having to be playable in VR.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
If it has the name Resident Evil, I will buy it nonetheless.

The brand has been consistently good throughout it's life that you're at least guaranteed to have a good time. Strictly speaking about mainline games.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I don't think so. For whatever reason I had absolutely no desire to play RE7 despite the great reviews.

Yaqoub

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Of course. They nailed first person so well in 7 and especially in VR I'm definitely down for another one of those.

Monkeynuts

Jan 17, 2019
After the one two punch of Resi 7 and Remake 2 Capcom has my trust and money. I'm all in on Resi 8 day 1 whatever shape it takes

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. Capcom has delivered like crazy this generation. I fully support them until I see very clear reasons not to (another RE5/6).

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Probably.

But it'll give me some pause, I love third person RE.

Maybe Capcom should consider going the Evil Within 2 route and offer toogable first and third person modes.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with either. It all depends on what style of game they want to make RE8 though. A game with more action or a game that leans hard into immersion + being another great vr title. I'd lean toward the latter.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Day 1 and if there is VR support again, I'll even pre order. 7 was excellent and the only "issue" I had with game was that ther were no zombies.