• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you buy Google Stadia?

• Yes

• No

• I'll wait for Q4 2020 Next Xbox/PS5 and then i'll decide

Results are only viewable after voting.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
tenor.gif

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope.
What's the point if I still have to buy the games but have no chance of ever reselling them, the play them
with bad/no internet? And besides, I still don't know how much the games cost

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
For ten bucks I'll give it a shot when there's an exclusive game that looks interesting.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched the stream and kept getting disconnects and playback error codes. I think I'm going to stay with dedicated hardware for the foreseeable future.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Buy? No.

But the free version is very, very interesting. If it works I can see myself picking up some games on the platform. Would be great to have something like Civilization seamlessly linked between all my devices.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not since I like to have a capable gaming PC on hand, but it's actually a pretty good deal. 10 bucks a month for someone playing on a Chromecast or shitty laptop is A LOT cheaper than building a high-end PC. Could be a good way to play games on non-gaming devices or without investment in expensive hardware.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'l probably try it out, but there are so many questions right now - namely which games are included with the $10 sub, and how much the extra games will cost each. If they're anywhere close to a physical RRP they can fuck off lmao.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, not a chance. I'm not interested in streaming games. If I was, I would go with xcloud.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I participated in project stream and wasn't impressed. If they release game prices and they are somehow way cheaper than other digital stores I might pick some up but I'm definitely not fully buying in.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Nah, I'm good. On top of buying a subscription I have to buy the games. Even if I had a little interest that would've killed it

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I ordered the founders. Will be nice to get a pc experience with gamepad in my bedroom without adding much hardware

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
Having to pay 10 bucks each month to get highest quality plus paying for games as well. That's a no from me

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
I'll wait until it's on all chrome browsers before even looking at it. Why would I want a streaming service that limits me to one device?

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta see what MS offers. I'm willing to try it out first before drawing any conclusions.