• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you planning to buy another console before Next Gen ?

• Yes, a PS4 Pro

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • Yes, a Xbox One X

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Yes, a Nintendo Switch / or upcoming Switch Revision

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • Yes, Several systems

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • No thanks, I'll wait for Next Gen consoles now

Votes: 217 67.0%

• Total voters

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I almost bought an Xbox, but decided to wait.

Already have a PS4 and Switch.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Owning a PS4 Pro, there is no reason for me, except if they release Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword on the Switch; then it's Switch for me. But with a Pro and a good gaming PC I have everything I need for my gaming needs.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I already bought all of them, so none of the options really apply.

I collect console variations on occasion, so I might still buy something before the next gen, though.

Will most likely invest in a new PC, however.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly been really tempted to buy another Xbox One at this point. I have a One X already and do most of my gaming there, but I have a TV in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Though the temptation is real, I've just decided to hold off and move my One X between both sets as I need to. I can wait for either XCloud, or Scarlett to give me a second console. If the One S performed better with newer games, I'd buy one in an instant. It just can't justify spending $200-$300 on a 720-900p box with next-gen so close. Another One X is even further from being reasonable to me.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just got a PSVR and already have a medium sized backlog plus upcoming games that I'll definitely pick so no reason to buy anything before next gen drops.
Still considering a Switch but that will probably happen in its final years when it gets a better/bigger library, since I would only buy it to get Nintendo games.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Hoping to pick up a used Vita for my next birthday. Seems like a perfect time to enjoy that system. Plenty of things to catch up on.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Had to sell my Pro to make ends meet. I still have my Xbox One X. I do intend to reinvest in the next Playstation. Hopefully it comes sooner than later. I miss those excellent exclusives. Still not a fan of that controller though. My banana hands are just too much for it lol.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I was very tempted by the $199 PS4 Spiderman bundle but held off as I would rather wait for the PS5/XBox2 at this point. That said if it would ever get to a point where I could get a bundle with a game I want for $150 I doubt I could resist. I really doubt they will ever get that low but that would be the point where I decide not to wait.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Rocking my OG PS4 and i wiil do the same with PS5.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
thought about getting a replacement PS4 pro that didnt sound like a vacuum cleaner, tho that $ may be better used for a new desk chair or video card lol

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Where is the evidence that a new console is 2 years away? Sounds like speculation.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
A Switch if the upcoming revision is more to my liking than the original hardware, and maybe a Wii U if I can find it for cheap. If PS5 is announced as not being fully BC with PS4, then PS4 Pro as well.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Switch and Xbox One X. I may pick up a PS4 or PS4 Pro if I can find a good deal to complete the Trifecta.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I already have a Pro but I will probably buy what ever Switch revision comes out this year. If Nintendo tries it next year though I will have to skip it for the PS5 since I already own a standard switch. Also been thinking of getting a cheap Xbox One S for BC, exclusives and to have a 4K blu Ray player before PS5.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I might pick up a Xbox One X if it ever gets super cheap for the exclusives that come out in the next few years and 4k Blu-ray playback.

Oct 30, 2017
Have a PS4 Pro, got a PC so no need for an Xbox, have a Switch but if a Switch Pro comes out and is a significant improvement I might consider getting one.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I'm on the fence on buying an N3DS. Thought about getting a Switch, but can't justify the purchase yet. Will probably buy it down the line, but I get the feeling the new generation will start before I even think about biting the bullet.

Edit: I might buy an AVS in a not so distant future, too.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I just got a PS4 Pro a month ago and have regrets. Got a launch Switch with no regrets really (except for getting an $80 super shitty pro controller).

I think I'm good on gaming consoles for maybe ever. I'm just sticking to PC (Linux) from now on. It also has something to do with me not really playing games like I used to.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
The only possible thing is a Switch revision but that all depends on what it is. A better battery life would make it a lock.

No need for new PS/Xbox hardware until next gen.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I've already got a Switch, an X and a PS4 Pro, so not likely unless the Switch revision is a significant upgrade over the base model.

Lugnutal

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Yea...I just bought a Dreamcast and a Saturn...possibly going to get a Genesis and Sega Cd today as well...working on some retro!!

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I consider the Switch the first next-gen console already so there's that. I plan on getting the revision if it is a more powerful one and not a cheaper one.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
my OG PS4 works just fine and I clean it before a new console exclusive comes out.
my Switch has got me covered for a good while on portable gaming
I am probably going to wait a looooooong time till my next console, since I think I'll be moving to Japan in 2 years or so, or that is my plan anyways. Gonna wait til the Pro versions are out, unless something insane comes out

OP
OP

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
my OG PS4 works just fine and I clean it before a new console exclusive comes out.
my Switch has got me covered for a good while on portable gaming
I am probably going to wait a looooooong time till my next console, since I think I'll be moving to Japan in 2 years or so, or that is my plan anyways. Gonna wait til the Pro versions are out, unless something insane comes out

So you will buy the Pro version of the Next Gen console ? I did not envision that scenario yet :)

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Since they announced it I've stuck to my "I'll buy a Switch the day Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are both on shelves"...at this post I'm pretty sure I will own a PS5 or XB2 before I own a Switch.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
If the Switch revision is more along the lines of a Pro than Mini or XL, then I'm in. Otherwise, just gonna chill till PS5.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
just got new pc + ultrawide monitor, so no. will get ps 5 at some point but not launch

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
So you will buy the Pro version of the Next Gen console ? I did not envision that scenario yet :)
yup!
a PS4 Pro was never worth it if you owned an OG ps4 in my opinion, and Xbox doesn't have any of the games I want, so the One X is out of the question. Even if it was enticing because of how amazing its specs were. So I think the next Pro versions will be insane as well

Apr 9, 2018
PS4 has years of life left for stuff like JRPGs if last gen was any indication. Planning to pick up a base one this year next time they're cheap, don't have a 4k display to make Pro worth it.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have an X and can borrow my old Pro from my father. The Switch revision is a maybe. Sold my Swtich and I don't know if I need it again with Metroid being very far away.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested in a Switch and have been since launch. It's the only Nintendo console I've never owned, but my resources are quite limited these days so i'm not sure if i'll be grabbing one. I'll probably invest in one before buying a next gen system though.

Oct 27, 2017
I already had an Xbox one before selling it last year but I could be convinced if the new models this year are cheap enough just to play Xbox exclusives. $150 for a discless Xbox one would be tempting

Unless Sony releases a super slim PS4 the size of the ps2 slim probably not.

I've bought too many games last year so I don't need any additional platforms really until next gen anyway.

I'd be down for next gen this year tho I don't expect it until 2020

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I'll take an upgraded Switch. I just built a new PC so I'm good.