• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be signing up for Disney+?

• Yes.

Votes: 239 29.3%
  • No.

Votes: 291 35.7%
  • I need to see more before I make a decision.

Votes: 285 35.0%

• Total voters

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot to be excited about, and tons of great franchises... But I don't see myself subbing long-term, at least initially. I'll pop in for a month, and pop back out.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
and even if I would interested in something from Disney, there's another issue:

PICuFJN.png

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe sign up for a month or two after a bunch of things come out that I'd want to see.

This year gonna be weird with Apple TV and Disney+

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
if it includes most of disneys animation catalogue. Movies, tv shows, animated shorts...yes.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I have a four-year-old, so there's a good chance. But we also own basically every Pixar film and a huge number of the classic Disney animation films on Blu-ray already, so maybe I can dodge that bullet for a little while yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So, as we all know, Disney is coming for your subscription dollars with Disney+. At this moment, are you convinced to pick up the subscription from Day One?

Just a reminder as to what has been confirmed or in active development for the service:
  • The Mandalorian, with Pedro Pascal as the titular character.
  • The Rogue One spin-off series set to debut in 2020.
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars S7
  • A Loki miniseries
  • A Scarlet Witch miniseries
  • A Falcon & Winter Soldier miniseries
  • A Monsters Inc. TV Show
  • A Muppets TV show
  • High School Musical: The Musical, where a high school sets "High School Musical" to be its high school musical and the hijinks that ensue.
  • High Fidelity, an adaptation of the John Cusack film.
And this isn't including the litany of original films coming to the service, as well as the fact it will be the hub for every single Marvel, Disney Animation, Disney Channel, and Pixar movie ever to be made.

So, now the question remains: has Disney's slate of titles for the service convinced you to join?

OP plus all NAT GEO programming. My kid is really into science right now. (We have about 100 episodes of NOVA recorded lol)

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I don't subscribe to anything...but I will subscribe for at least one month to watch that High School Musical show. Maybe Muppets as well. I'm not interested in the movies (except maybe Disney Channel, since I don't have cable and can't see those in theaters), but if they release compelling new series (like the Marvel ones), I could see myself sticking around or doing a lot of starting and stopping. Hopefully they'll have a family plan I can split among friends or among my actual family to reduce costs. Will they also let me pretend I had a Disney Channel childhood and let me watch all the old classic Disney Channel shows my peers grew up on? Because that's another selling point for me.

Feed my nostalgia, Disney.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
I am probably going to subscribe to it and the service is gonna make some serious fucking bank. The depth of that catalog especially for families with kids is pretty unbelievable.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't know, will it have all the Disney made for tv movies from the 80's, will it have stuff with Walt that I can only find crappy quality versions of on YouTube.

Will it have all the classic Donald duck cartoons?

Flubbers?
Shaggy DA?
Herbie goes to Monte Carlo?

If not then no, I'll sub a month here or a month there to binge a show.

It won't be like Netflix and Hulu which have been subbed for years now with no questions asked.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm firmly in the "I need to see more" camp.

The fact that this will be the nexus for all Disney stuff in the future is really compelling, however it'll take years to develop that library of content to make it a worthwhile sub.

However, if Disney were smart about this and dumped everything from their vaults on this (Disney Channel shows, Disney XD shows, older cartoons, every movie the studio has made, Miramax stuff, and so on), then I'd likely join. However, right now, this could go either way. For all we know, Disney might be to streaming services as Nintendo is to online. The fact that this year, Disney has Star Wars Celebration, Comic-Con, and D23 pretty much one after the other means that we're going to get a lot more details about the service and its shows in a pretty short period of time.

However, at the moment, "The Mandalorian" is the only title confirmed to launch with the service and that alone is not compelling enough for me.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll have to see exactly what's on it when it launches here. And if it's available in the original languages, too. I'm not going to pay for a re-dubbed only service, even if Disney dubbing is probably the best in the business.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely. Not right away, and not continuously, but I absolutely will subscribe for a couple months and watch content just like I do with Netflix.

Oct 27, 2017
I will probably subscribed for a couple of months to watch a few movies I've missed out on without having to buy them.

But other than that, I really don't care.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true. Horrible. Disney has so much more than Marvel/Star Wars.
Keep in mind, Disney has announced close to nothing yet for the service, only its name and the fact the Mandalorian will be on it.

April is when we'll get info on pricing, regions, and the nitty gritty, while the string of nerd events will be where Disney shows off the content.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I don't need and won't pay for a dozen subscriptions.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that it will be a success.

Potential details about the service.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The general word going around is that Disney+ on its own will likely be $9.99, with a $19.99 Disney+ & ad-free Hulu bundle.

Mandalorian, clone wars s7, Loki, and high school musical musical (at least) are targeted for the launch.

And it will definitely include the vault. Don't know why there is doubt about that. That's like, the point.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. No way it's worth it. Only intrested in their animated movies and some of their shows. Might subscribe for like a month or something.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Definite yes. Possibly having Gravity Falls and Tangled the series on demand makes it a necessity.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mandalorian, clone wars s7, Loki, and high school musical musical (at least) are targeted for the launch.
I know you know more, but Loki? For such a big property, there's been no news about principal photography or even a show runner. For a series 11 months away, there's been no news about it other than it is in development. Maybe it'll be in the launch window, but I don't know if it can come together in time.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I have two kids. I think I'm legally obligated to sign up. Hopefully they'll put an app on the PlayStation.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I wouldn't. I voted maybe but most of this stuff doesn't keep my interest. HBO, Netflix, Hulu and the forthcoming Criterion services will be plenty.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
with what they've announced so far...no. i rarely watch any of the theatrical release stuff they currently have on netflix and there's enough content for my limited time just on netflix.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know you know more, but Loki? For such a big property, there's been no news about principal photography or even a show runner. For a series 11 months away, there's been no news about it other than it is in development. Maybe it'll be in the launch window, but I don't know if it can come together in time.
I completely agree. But that's what I've heard. I dont know if they've just been doing it on the down low or it will come together very fast somehow. It's weird though.

Making it weirder, they definitely want the service out before 11 months from now because Mandalorian will be the headliner new show, and they don't want its promotion to clash with episode IX. So things will certainly be interesting.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
This seems like exactly the sort of thing I'll sign up for two months out of the year and binge whatever I'm interested in.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Get ready for another Scott Buck show~

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
My wife loves Disney movies of all kinds, I love Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars. Also very curious about the original Star Wars and Marvel shows. Plus we got a little girl on the way, who's surely gonna love all those Disney movies. So this sounds like a surefire hit in my house.

Edit: just saw that they got National Geographic content up there too. Sounds good to me.