• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Worms Rumble going to be the next big thing?

• Yes

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 777 96.8%

• Total voters

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rocket League and Fall Guys were both free on Plus day one along with a paid PC version, they became overnight hits. Worms Rumble is the same offering - free on Plus day one for PS5/PS4 and a paid PC version. Is Worms Rumble going to be the next big thing?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
What I've seen from it doesn't look great. And it definitely isn't a great Worms game.

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Oh. I was excited to get a new Worms game on PS+ because I thought it'd be, y'know, good ol' turn based, team based Worms. This is not what I want from a Worms game. :(

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Ugh I just want Worms World Party/Armageddon remaster with all of the original artwork upresed. I hate the new art style and direction this series took so much.

Rumble looks like crappy Splatoon rip off - why are they running, they are earth worms ffs

FUNKNOWN iXi

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks fun as a spinoff. Stop being so grumpy.

This franchise could use some shakeups.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
The series peaked with Armageddon. Really disappointed with how the series has gone since then.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
it feels like worms hasn't been popular in a very long time. this wont change anything.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
If there launched a competent and more traditional style game, then yes. I intend to try this one out, but I'd be really surprised if I stick with it.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
It definitely doesn't look like the worms game I'm looking for. I may as well check it out but the series continues to walk in the opposite direction of what made it unique and great

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
No. As much as I hate shitting on games, it's got WAY too much going on, is absolutely not readable in motion, has far too extensive, but useless backgrounds blurring into a mess and conceptually brings absolutely nothing new to the table. This will come out and will immediately be forgotten, only because someone thinks it's a good idea to cling onto a franchise of a gazillion parts and spinoffs that only did really well years and years ago when there was nothing like it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it will. But you have to do a couple of tweaks first:

- Discard this game completely.
- Give Worms Armageddon instead.
- Change the definition of "blow up like Rocket League" to "make Joey happy".

Boom.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
There are a lot of things you could do to make Worms a better fit for consoles or modern games... and this isn't it. If you can't destroy the environment is it even a Worms game?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So the only basis of this question is this game being made available with no additional casts for paying subcribers?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
'Free on Plus' isn't the golden goose for making hits. Rocket League and Fall Guys blew up because they were amazing. Plus availability sure helped them grow and grow but it's no given.

I'm interested to give Rumble a try but it looks like the opposite of what I want out of a Worms game. It looks terrible.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to try new stuff for Worms, but it's really hard to see this type of game being really popular again.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The ongoing current big thing is Among Us which came out in 2018 and only got discovered in 2020 (in the west). You're more likely to find another among us buried in the mobile/steam store from years ago then look at an upcoming game and say "that one".

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like a fun little distraction. My kids will probably enjoy it. Haven't played a Worms game in time.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Being on PS+ day one is an opportunity but you still need to deliver something good and unique. That was the case for Rocket League and Fall Guys, and is not for Worms.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Isn't there a destructible environment? Half the fun of Worms was in that lol.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
They released the best Worms four years ago and people are still acting like it doesn't exist.

Worms is done, it's not going to get better than WMD.

Wmd is fun but it isn't even close of being the best worms game

And vehicles alone make me never want to play it with someone else. Horrible addition

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I want a Worms Ultimate Mayhem port to PS4/5

Worms 4 was the best Worms I've played and I heard the rerelase improved it further

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No.

The other two had the benefit of largely being unique experiences for the most part. This just looks like side scrolling versions of things you can play better elsewhere.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Sidescrolling shooters that aren't Soldat (read free) seem doomed from the start. The Showdown Effect was super fun but had a super small community from the start and now nobody even remembers that game (being delisted seems like the inevitable future of any multiplayer game published by paradox but that's getting off topic). I don't think being free on ps plus will save worms.