• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rabid-Coot

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully what was the bonus PS4 games we've been getting through cross-buy becomes regular additional PS4 games.

Oct 25, 2017
That would be an interesting idea, though it might also be doubtful that they would offer anything better than what Netflix or Prime have to offer

Ohhh, it won't be this whole movie suite.

But honestly, like 1 movie a month.

For instance, Venom. That is the PS Plus movie for the month of April. Yours to keep as long as you have PS Plus.

Or if the movie isn't high budget, 2 smaller movies.

No movies that are in theatres or recently released to dvd.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they will use the money they save on PS3/Vita games towards the budget for PS4 games. These days, most PS3/Vita owners with PS+ probably have a PS4 as well, so such a change would probably be a net win for most. If they just pocket the money they save, many people will experience a noticeable net loss instead, and people who subscribe for the games (they exist!) might be less inclined to renew their subscription.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to see even a single VR title drop every month. Having a constant drop of stuff to check out would go a long way to the longevity of the set.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a price drop if no PS4 games are being added to replace the PS3/vita games. Been wanting to not resub ps plus already as the selection of "free" games Is getting worst imo.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I think a combo Plus+Now package is a possibility. But for normal Plus, I predict 0 changes other than less games per month (as no more PS3/Vita) and a price increase once PS5 launches.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a price drop if no PS4 games are being added to replace the PS3/vita games. Been wanting to not resub ps plus already as the selection of "free" games Is getting worst imo.
There was pretty much no difference in offerings when the price went up from €50 to €60. That price hike was done so that the price matches Xbox Live Gold. PS Plus is a racket where Sony holds access to the internet hostage. Subscribing to this shit for the monthly games is a silly idea.

You are one of the rare subscribers that actually redeem the monthly games. Most players don't. That also makes you a more expensive customer, one that Sony likely doesn't mind losing. Someone that subscribes to play online and never redeems any of the monthly games is much more profitable for Sony because the payouts for being a monthly game is based on how many people redeem the game.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think that PS+ offerings will ever go back to the ones in the PS3 era (although never say never). I am also just to weak to let it go. I've been a subscriber since the beginning and have a lot of games from there (many of those I never played) so I am afraid of losing this library. Otherwise, I would just stop. I am buying all the games I want anyway so it also annoys me when it is later a part of PS+ and discounts should not be tied behind the paywall (imagine paying subscription to have a discount at a clothes store).

I'm not playing online at all, so now I'm in a strange situation where I want to stop paying but I'm a hostage of the system so it was successful for them I guess and I think that many are in similar situation as me so that gives opportunity for raising prices without giving anything additional back.

I also don't think that we will see movies on the service as I imagine that the situation with distribution rights is complex (especially in Europe where also translation is an issue) and it would not be too attractive because of all the netflixes that already offer more things than you can watch.

I would welcome PS Now in more countries though or have PS+ changed into PS Now / Gamepass type service.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Game wise? Dunno.

But we're already getting things like free Now TV for a limited time and no joining fee gym memberships in the UK.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope for a monthly offering of
1 x AAA game
2 × indie games
1 x psvr game

Praying for a tiered system so i can have a discounted ps now with ps plus subscription.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely would like to see more PSVR games.

I would also like to see PS2 Classics being offered up but Sony made a real dog's dinner of them in Europe, offering up 50Hz, frame repeating, stuttery messes unlike what the US gets so as a UK subscriber I would never touch them.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
The only new addition would be =>

PS5 games

but srsly i expect PS4 monthly games to improve over what we got in the past.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
If they are smart, give us PSVR games. At least one per month. Once people realize they have 5-10 games for VR "for free" they might buy it finally.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I really liked getting ps3 games on it, but hopefully it will be replaced by psvr as the "pool" of good games that can be offered on the ps3 is getting smaller.
Maybe 4 ps4 games and 1 psvr game?

Probably the offering will be more dynamic though, switching up psvr/ps4 and movies somehow. Maybe some game+movie tie-ins? MHW is getting a movie and spider-man has some movies. Personally I'm not into tv or movies but I know I'm in the minority here.

But since we have a person from PS EU here.
RunesmithCaryll when are we getting PS now in Norway? :)

Or the rest of scandinavia for that matter.. The internet infrastructure here must be perfect for it.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would hope they'd start adding PSVR games to the service. It's essentially it's own platform and considering how early Vita and PS4 got PS+ I think it's about time PSVR starts getting games

Or maybe they could they take the humble monthly approach and publish certain indie games first on the service in addition to the regular games

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Expect to pay more for less.

This is what they (and every other company) has done for pretty much ever.

It wouldn't really be too hard to envision a future where you needed an active sub just to turn your PlayStation on.
Unless its cloudbased or the hardware is being subsidized (like you're leasing it), i think it would be pretty hard to imagine such solution being in place and being accepted.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
What if they got rid of the selection of games all together and made a PSNow Lite option?
You would be paying for online and all the ps4 games currently on the Now service?

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we start getting 4 PS4 games per month.

Not going to happend, I know. But that is what I feel they should do for removing Vita and PS3 games.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Right now PS4 gets 4 or more games a month for PS+, some are crossbuy, others dont. Since MS offers always 4 games a month for Xbox One because of the BC, Sony need to match that offer with 4 games a month for PS4.

What i would like to see would be 2 "retail games" + 2 indies and 1 PSVR game a month.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I expect nothing

But I do hope Sony will negociate better games and "less old" games and add one more major game available each month

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I really liked getting ps3 games on it, but hopefully it will be replaced by psvr as the "pool" of good games that can be offered on the ps3 is getting smaller.
Maybe 4 ps4 games and 1 psvr game?

Probably the offering will be more dynamic though, switching up psvr/ps4 and movies somehow. Maybe some game+movie tie-ins? MHW is getting a movie and spider-man has some movies. Personally I'm not into tv or movies but I know I'm in the minority here.

But since we have a person from PS EU here.
RunesmithCaryll when are we getting PS now in Norway? :)

Or the rest of scandinavia for that matter.. The internet infrastructure here must be perfect for it.

Hey Tyfon,

Can't really pass comment unfortunately, but it's good to know there's an appetite for PS Now up in Scandinavia - I'll pass on it :)

Ha det bra!

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
The announcement of PSone and PS2 classics BC on the PS4 and offerings each month for them.

No, I'm not serious. Not 100%, anyway...

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Just have Now access as part of the Sub. Scrap the Plus-specific monthly games, most of them appear on Now anyway.

Now is a good service but the sub pricing is too high, especially with Game Pass costing half as much and getting major new games at launch.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
One thing will change for sure - I'll stop seeing PS Plus Vita and PS3 games get added that I've previously bought and never had a chance to play up to that point.

Other than that, they'll probably add a feature as an excuse for being able to increase the price or something. I dunno. I certainly don't expect anything good to happen :-)

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
It would be nice to get some sort of PS Now support with PS Plus when PS3 and Vita games end. Either one or two PS Now rentals per month or a reduced price on yearly PS Now subscriptions.

Edit: For the regions that don't have PS Now, I don't know. I don't think the PSVR library is deep enough to support monthly VR games for free. (would love to be proved wrong though)

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
It would be more than disappointing if they were to take away the PS3 and Vita games and leave it at that.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Outside of PSVR games becoming standard (at least 1 per month) I'm not expecting any changes. The platform is over 2 years old and there's over 250 games, they should be able to do this by now. Maybe a PS+ and Now bundle as well.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Here's my dream for what PS+ becomes in March:

• Playstation Movies joins Movies Anywhere
• 1 Free Movie/month
• 1 Free PSVR game/month

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yoshida (not Shuhei) talked about how he wanted Sony to also focus on entertainment, so perhaps a Netflix like service or just some free movies alongside the games?

Maybe they try to compete with Spotify with their own music streaming service exclusive to PS platforms?