• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The day when PS3/Vita are no longer part of PlayStation Plus is almost upon us and it made me wonder: do you think will we see other changes coming to PS+? And if so, what would you like to see changed/added?
Personally I would like to see a tier system, with more choice for the subscribers.
Something like:

Tier 1: playing online
Tier 2: playing online, free* monthly games
Tier 3: playing online, free* monthly games, PS Now subscription

Thoughts?

yeah, I know..... "free"

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
I'd love to see a tiered system and could maybe see it happening to coincide with PS5's launch but I doubt we'll see any changes in March other than the removal of vita/ps3 games sadly.

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't.

I don't even think the PS4 selection will get better like some people are. It will just be fewer games. Crossbuy helped a lot and we don't get this anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Eventually the monthly games will just be taken out, there's no need for them. They're there as a remnant of the good old PS3 Plus days when the monthly games were actually attractive because Plus was not a mandatory subscription like it is now. Another reason for them existing is because Microsoft introduced monthly Live Gold games, so now they both want to keep feature parity.

Either way, the main purpose of Plus is to pass the online play paywall. That tier system will not happen, unless you mean Tier 1 being the 60 dollars that it is now and Tier 2 will be like $80. Everyone would drop to tier 1.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expect to pay more for less.

This is what they (and every other company) has done for pretty much ever.

It wouldn't really be too hard to envision a future where you needed an active sub just to turn your PlayStation on.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they will add a PSNow subrisction discounted for Plus members... like from 99€ year to 59€? (if I will ever see it in my country)
And also more VR games every month!

Otherwise I could stop my sub, because I barely play anything online, so i just had it for the nice games and the saves backup/other qol services... also for Vita games!!!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They definitely need to offer me something for the Vita and PS3 games i'm about to use (I actually regularly played those).
Though if anything, I think it'll just be that now we get 4 PS4 games a month instead of 2.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe something new will get me back on board but, having just dropped my sub for the first time since 2012, it would have to be pretty big to do so.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really play PS+ games cause I buy a lot. It pains me I'll have to sub just to play Division 2...

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect any changes but they might add PSVR games to tempt folks to pick it up.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
To be honest, I think it's better to stop giving away free games.
Instead, they should give 10% to 20% discount on every game pre-order.
Also, reduce the price of PSNow to only $4.99 extra/month.
PS Now would now have several PS5 games to download on launch day + the PS4/PS3/PS2/PS1 collections to stream.

I haven't really done the math, so probably I'm making them lose money :p

Having said that, I do think they will bring changes to the table, but I'm not sure exactly how big.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I don't expect anything to be honest, thankfully the thing is paying for itself with the sales.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there are any major changes planned they will most likely be saved for PS5.

I'd love a cheaper MP only subscription but Sony is making way too much money off of the current model so I highly doubt they will do something like that.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I don't think so. For a long time now they've only broadcast the two PS4 games in their marketing while the other 4 games were like a secret you had to dig to find.

I might have to reconsider renewing since I don't play online games so the game collection is the only reason I'm subscribed and with 4 fewer games per month it's looking like poor value for money.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think it would be dope if they threw in some movies in or a free rental of one or something. Could give them more exposure on that part of their store as well. And yeah, maybe even pull a nintendo and just add some ps1 or ps2 games in the mix by also fleshing out their bc on PSN. (it's not gonna happen but hey whatever)

On a side note, I hope they start adding 4k support for their movies on psn

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Unlikely, but I think we'll see more benefits (probably social) next generation.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I have only bought one game in the entire time I've owned my PS4 (well two I guess if you count the game that came bundled with the system). I'm a patient gamer and I've also been pretty happy with the free games with Plus. I hope those don't go away.

It helps that my gaming is split between PS4, PC, and the Switch. Even considering what I've paid for Plus (via discounts), Sony has only got a fraction of money from me compared to what I've given to Steam and Nintendo. I consider Plus a pretty good deal in the end, but only if you are patient and are willing to try different games.

So to go back on topic, I really hope Sony gives us at least 3 free games to make up for what is being taken away.

Dec 12, 2017
Has anyone noticed that on average the quality of games introduced to PS+ has increased sharply since they announced they were getting rid of PS3/Vita titles? Go look at the before and after. I think they are simply going to spend more money on free PS4 titles rather than splitting the money across 3 platforms.

Oct 27, 2017
I am bracing my self for dissapointment.

You know what the worst part is? People were asking for Sony to cut of the Vita and PS3 because they think Sony will give them better games. Well now we are potentially getting less games which means less value because some people didn't think this through.

Hopefully I am wrong.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
More deals with Plus, more VR games is what I'm hoping for. Maybe a lower rate for some things, like name changes. Cloud storage for captures would be a bonus too but I think the space needed would make that tricky.

Also, now that PS Now games can be downloaded, they could include a set number of free downloads for PS Plus subscribers. Say, 10 per year, and we get to pick which ones rather than get a set game. One can dream.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'd hope to see Sony do what Microsoft does and if you are a Plus subscriber and you get a game, it's yours even if your account has expired. I also hope for deeper discounts and weekly flash sales based on length of subscription or based on purchase history.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'd hope to see Sony do what Microsoft does and if you are a Plus subscriber and you get a game, it's yours even if your account has expired.

That's only true for 360, not XBox One.

AovQcl3.jpg

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
What does this mean? PS+ announcement imminent? PS5??

Seriously though, I hope we'll get something in exchange, most PS+ games I played were on the Vita, so I'll miss that stuff. Give me at least one VR game a month, or I won't be able to keep my PS+ sub, as I pretty much never play online.

Just means it good to hear what people think :-)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I am bracing my self for dissapointment.

You know what the worst part is? People were asking for Sony to cut of the Vita and PS3 because they think Sony will give them better games. Well now we are potentially getting less games which means less value because some people didn't think this through.

Hopefully I am wrong.
Exactly this, people wishing for the end of the ps3/vita games forget that you end up with an extra game or 2 a month thanks to cross-buy. Nothing so far has suggested that we'll get a decent replacement.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Best case scenario is that I imagine there will be less games/less features and worse functionality but SIE will raise the PSN price by another 10 dollars.

Cynical, I know. But does anyone even remember the #BetterPSN / #PSN2.0 push on social media that happened a couple of years back? Sony certainly didn't, virtually nothing came out of that aside from one thing (I think it was changing profile names, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Ideal scenario? PSNow becomes part of plus, digital purchases on PS3 etc on Now are available as you own the license.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to see something like:
2x AA/AAA PS4 games
2x indie PS4 games
1x PSVR game

What I'd like to see most is more games that launch on the same day they come to PS+. We used to get them fairly often and it'd be really cool discovering those new games on release but now we get maybe one a year, if that.