• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will we get a Nintendo direct this week?

• Yes

Votes: 185 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 400 68.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I still think its fine to get supremely and unrealistically hype about one though regardless of what week of September it is. OP should have asked what we all want! Give me Astral Chain 2

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Maybe in two or three weeks. It feels too close now and Playstation has already announced theirs for this week

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I'm on-record believing it's this week, I have to stick to it, PlayStation be damned.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I don't think we'll get a Direct, because we already know so much about Nintendo's upcoming line up. However if I'm proved wrong I'll be a happy fella.

I do think we'll get an update on NSO though.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
With the Disco Elysium and Castlevania ratings, NSO speculation and quite big XC rumors it cant be too far away.
Also falls in line with normal September pattern for Nintendo

If not this week, probably next week.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The answer to that question is perfectly described by this gif:

DefensiveFloweryAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they'll give us an update on BotW 2 sadly.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We already know everything Nintendo will release until February, and there's no rumors about a smaller game coming out soon, so it doesn't seem likely but if it happens it'll be mostly 3rd parties, maybe even a Partner Showcase.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
We already know everything Nintendo will release until February, and there's no rumors about a smaller game coming out soon, so it doesn't seem likely but if it happens it'll be mostly 3rd parties, maybe even a Partner Showcase.
So when do you expect the other Q1 games to be announced/dated ? September is usually the timeframe for those.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
September directs since the Switch got released are usually about third party announcements, updates on existing titles and first party reveals for early 2022 (from February to June usually).

Nintendo having announced most of their 2021 catalog (and I wouldn't rule out a digital only title like Good Job or The Stretches) is irrelevant to a September showcase happening.

And 2020 shouldn't be used as an example because it was impacted by covid which disrupted Nintendo usual marketing routine.

Obviously whether or not this is this week or the next is still a mystery.

You can also check here previous September directs and their announcements :

Nintendo Direct 9.13.2017 - Nintendo Official Site

Nearly 45 minutes of information mainly focused on what’s headed to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo Direct 9.13.2018 - Nintendo Official Site

Roughly 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch titles.

Nintendo Direct 9.4.2019 - Nintendo Official Site

Roughly 40 minutes of information focused on 2019 Nintendo Switch games, including Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield and Luigi’s Mansion 3.

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe? I guess they usally do a direct around this time but theres no reason why they couldnt change things up and skip it this year. Dont anticapte anything until ninty themselves announce it.

Deleted member 81119

Banned
Sep 19, 2020
September directs since the Switch got released are usually about third party announcements, updates on existing titles and first party reveals for early 2022 (from February to June usually).

Nintendo having announced most of their 2021 catalog (and I wouldn't rule out a digital only title like Good Job or The Stretches) is irrelevant to a September showcase happening.

And 2020 shouldn't be used as an example because it was impacted by covid which disrupted Nintendo usual marketing routine.

Obviously whether or not this is this week or the next is still a mystery.

You can also check here previous September directs and their announcements :

Nintendo Direct 9.13.2017 - Nintendo Official Site

Nearly 45 minutes of information mainly focused on what’s headed to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo Direct 9.13.2018 - Nintendo Official Site

Roughly 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch titles.

Nintendo Direct 9.4.2019 - Nintendo Official Site

Roughly 40 minutes of information focused on 2019 Nintendo Switch games, including Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield and Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Interesting. Well here's hoping! It'd be a good time to announce FF Pixel Remasters too.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

Like, I think there have been potential leaks that would indicate one is soon, but I dunno.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even care honestly. Metroid is next month, Zelda probably wouldn't be in it, and all the rumors sound boring to me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah why not

Announced tomorrow if that MonolithSoft server maintenance matters.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If the Sony Direct thing wasn't this week, I'd definitely feel like it was gonna be this Thursday lol..

Hope xenoblade 3 is there

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
i've telepathically hyperlinked into the NNN (nintendo neural network) and been informed that yes, in fact, the bayonetta 3 and metroid prime 4 double special direct is due this week, in next week's game magazines

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
See if the discussion thread was still called the "direct speculation thread" (which it still basically is) we wouldn't need threads like this.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
There's a new Nintendo Direct, no idea when it gets unveiled, but once it does people will lose their minds. Bad ass!!!

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
I vote no, it just doesn't feel right. The last one wasn't too far away and with the pandemic, you can't always go by trends.

Would love to be pleasantly surprised by one though.

Deleted member 81119

Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I would be shocked if they actually did that before they all came out on PC. I wouldn't bet on seeing those on consoles for at least another year so they can seem like "new" releases again.
Yeah I'm being optimistic for sure. But I don't think it's too crazy to think SE might announce them with a 2022 date. I do think SE will get them out during the first half of next year, I don't think SE is holding them back strategically. The reason SE take ages to release games people think is 'money on the table' is limited resource. SE is always working on so much at any one time.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If not this week hopefully this month.
If it was just an NSO new systems and AC update I'd be happy. Presumably there's new Halloween items coming to AC, since they had some for Easter earlier.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So when do you expect the other Q1 games to be announced/dated ? September is usually the timeframe for those.
Yeah I said focused on 3rd parties because there's still the Hyrule Warriors DLC to reveal + maybe Smash, otherwise if Nintendo has a big game for March, it could be announced at TGA/near it.