• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Either or both?

• Themes

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Folders

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Both

Votes: 49 58.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we dont start from scratch again... Like waiting 2 years for freaking friend notifications and such.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
You should add 'None' to the poll. If it is anything like the PS4, I expect nothing for at least a year. I wish they would just keep the old OS instead of restarting every gen and taking away our favourite features.
I really hope we dont start from scratch again... Like waiting 2 years for freaking friend notifications and such.
That was insane. The worst part is that some PS3 features, like ordering your friends list by activity, never made a return.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I haven't even seen the "base" UI, no clue if folders make sense in the new UI.
I think Themes will be there, it is a part of preordering games, they will not get rid of that.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Themes are a good preorder incentive and people complained about folders for ages.

The UX designer was hyping up the UI on Linkedin so I think they won't miss these things.

I'm sure they're not throwing the PS4 UI backend out completely.

But I wonder what will they miss. And what will people demand for like 2 years before they implement it.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully both. It's kind of a long shot, but I hope PS4 themes will still work in some way. I'm gonna miss my P5 themes.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
with a OS that pretty as shown before Sackboy demo, it is a crime to use a theme, but yeah it will have both. very basic features.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I'm betting that they will. I doubt that the designer of the new interface will call it an evolution of the previous one while at the same time excluding aspects of said interface.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they carry over the QoL features we've gotten over time with the PS4 UI. Would be lame if we don't get folders and themes right off the bat.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
They said it's a whole new design, so it could be pretty much anything.

My only hope is that they keep the basic actions simple. As someone who only played a couple games at a time, and rarely anything old, I had no real issues with the previous UI.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
you would think they learned their lesson after the outcry for Backgrounds, Themes, Background Music, Folders and basic functionality that should be standard on modern consoles day 1.

Last edited:

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
damn people panic about everything hahaha, I am pretty sure you will get themes and folders. when they talk about redesign they dont just throw away old features and go super blank slate. it would give them too much shit. its far easier to include all the modern features that are there in the PS4/pro UI and use them to design the new UI/os system