• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think The Last of Us 2 will be the highest scored game of this generation?

• Yes (98 or above)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • It will tie with the current highest rated games (97)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • It will be just under the current highest rated games (96)

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • No (95 or below)

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Everything they have shown of this game so far looks incredible. The setup looks incredibly compelling, and should help address any doubts people had about a sequel to The Last of Us existing at all. The gameplay has looked like a genre-best outing, and possibly the best Naughty Dog has ever done, based on what they have shown us. The writing and characterization are likely to be top notch (when are they not? Especially when Druckmann is on board). Naughty Dog has already said this is their biggest and most ambitious project ever - which, when it comes from a developer that has put out multiple GOAT and genre defining games, is something to sit up and take notice of.

Everything indicates that The Last of Us Part 2 will go down as one of the best games of this generation, if not ever. Do you think it might topple the current reigning champions (GTA5, RDR2, BOTW, SMO)?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
temp1534987131.png

But seriously, we're better off having this discussion a bit closer than 5 months out.
No, Gravity Rush 3 will be. Believe!
1457975259-armwrestle.gif

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fully trust ND to make a world-class experience but I'm not sure it'll be able to top the first one. Fingers crossed though.

adinsx

Oct 30, 2017
I think it will be a very good score, but not everyone likes this type of game so I think probably 95-96 (which is VERY high).

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
95 Meta/Open

Just look at God of War, even if it wins GOTY for most outlets, the general score is below RDR2
It was the same for TLOU vs GTA 5 and will be the same for TLOU

Only Nintendo and Rockstar have a pass to score 97

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
This likely won't be a very productive discussion, especially after only a few showcases

And after SKATE4 comes out with that 100 metascore none of this will matter anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.