• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
Except OBJ actually achieved something as a receiver in this league and proved himself as an elite WR, he arrived at the Cleveland Browns already with reputation not just endless commercial predraft hype like Baker

Never seen such a trash player with so many commercials that's won nothing

I will never understand this type of hate for Baker. He was an amazing college quarterback, hence the pre-draft hype. Then he starts for the shitass Browns, historically one of the league's worst teams, and immediately they go from 0 chance to "superbowl contenders". He has one bad season under Kitchens, where really the entire team did badly that year, and then another bad season where he played injured.

2 bad seasons out of 4 and people can't wait to dunk on this guy and call him awful. I would absolutely take Mayfield over:

A. The sex pest that they just tried replace him with and
B. The never ending carousel of ACTUAL mediocrity that was Colt McCoy/Seneca Wallace/Brandon Weeden/Bruce Gradkowski/RG III/etc. on and on with with zero end in sight.

Does he deserve all the commercials he gets? Nah.

Should he be dumped when the Browns are literally in no kind of position to replace him with someone better? Also nah.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me with a straight face that OBJ would have had the rebound he had in LA if they didn't have a legit #1 receiver eating up coverage. He would be incredibly smart to stay there.
OBJ is a low tier #1 or was until he blew up his knee again. He would have been the best receiver on half the teams in the league last year and you think he had no trade value?

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me with a straight face that OBJ would have had the rebound he had in LA if they didn't have a legit #1 receiver eating up coverage. He would be incredibly smart to stay there.

The analysis I've heard is that OBJ is what opened their offense up. I think that was fairly evident in the SB when Kupp for a large chunk of time after Odell got hurt. Kupp is an amazing receiver, as is OBJ. They do diff things and impact the offense in diff ways.

I think your point can be said of almost all receivers to varying degrees.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
I never said he had no trade value. I'm not defending the Browns FO because I think they're the ones that actually deserve all the hate.

But you acknowledge that he isn't a #1 since the last knee injury. That's all I'm saying. That all these people pointing and laughing and saying "ODELL WAS NOT THE PROBLEM" on twitter are conveniently leaving out that he got cut and signed with the consensus super bowl favorites. Pretty much the ideal situation.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
The analysis I've heard is that OBJ is what opened their offense up. I think that was fairly evident in the SB when Kupp for a large chunk of time after Odell got hurt. Kupp is an amazing receiver, as is OBJ. They do diff things and impact the offense in diff ways.

I think your point can be said of almost all receivers to varying degrees.

Dude, the narratives that get spun after the fact are amazing.

Kupp was averaging 113 yds per game before OBJ arrives. His average after? 116. And the rest of his stats are exactly the same too.

OBJ was a good replacement for an injured Robert Woods, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.