• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will there be a lightsaber in Andor

• Yes

Votes: 311 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 163 32.4%
  • I'm the asshole who will bring up the Ewok movies

Votes: 53 10.5%

• Total voters

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
To date no Star Wars film or TV show has not had one appear at some point.

So, simple question. Will there be a lightsaber in Andor?

g9ILLhy.gif

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did Solo have a lightsaber? I honestly can't remember.

Maul pulls his out at the end because they just couldn't help themselves. Audience might not realize it was a Star Wars movie, so they had to throw it in there.

And before someone brings it up, the Holiday Special DID have a lightsaber appearance at the very end when Chewbacca starts doing a flashback sequence.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It's one of the greatest sound effects of all time and central to the brand so yeah it's gonna be in there somehow. The franchise isn't healthy enough for that kind of risk.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
There will be a normal sword and the light will reflect on it for a moment to look like one.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Almost certainly the Inquisitors will show up in some fashion. Or Andor will team up with a fugitive Jedi.

In short, yep. Them shoehorning Maul into Solo just to keep the tradition alive shows that Star Wars is in on the meme.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
There may not be a force user in it but maybe you'll get a scene where some shady merchant is selling stuff including a lightsaber and they ignite it to show off or something.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
An OP who referenced two of the underrated cannon films - the Ewok films.

I am over joyed. Never did I think this day would come. I don't even remember what the OP is about now.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this is the grade of star wars discussion on this forum, holy fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
star wars fans really do fucking suck
LMAOOOO

xD

the star wars discussion is dead.
how the fuck is era so miserable regarding star wars holy shit.

like literally miserable.

bitch eating crackers to the max

even complaining about obi wan saying his fucking catch-phrase that everybody fucking knows.
star wars fan type of discussion, so tired of it.
i dont know who are worse, gamers or star wars fans

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It will and its high end, $350 toy replica will spoil its design by going on sale at least a month before the series starts streaming.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I feel like if a Jedi/Sith doesn't show up, they'll find a body from Order 66 or an old temple at some point and light up an antique.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Andorra takes place about 5 years before Rogue One. That's roughly the same time frame as Star Wars Rebels. So yes it's possible Ahsoka, Kanan, Ezra and the Inquisitors exist.

Cal Kestis is rumored to be in it.

People make this shit up every time. First he was going to cameo in Mando, then in Obi-Wan, Cal is not showing up lol. He's not relevant.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only if it is Vader wrecking shit. One of R1 strengths was the lack of Jedi.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Yes because Lucasfilm can't help themselves. They can't imagine a Star Wars show being successful without lightsabers showing up.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any Star Wars show or movie that doesn't have at least one lightsaber

It's kind of a given at this point

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I'll be quoted and told I am wrong and all that, but what makes Star Wars special and separates it from any other sci-fi project are the lightsabers and the Force. It's what brings people in and what makes the IP so special.

It absolutely will have a lightsaber. It'll probably be Vader as well. I'll be disappointed if a lightsaber doesn't appear.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes because Lucasfilm can't help themselves. They can't imagine a Star Wars show being successful without lightsabers showing up.

Or, they have already established that there are key characters who are jedi/force wielders that were essential to recruiting and helping establish the creation of the Rebel Alliance. Characters that were created and established before Rogue One. I doubt they'll show up but if they did it would be completely in line to the story they've already been telling.

latest

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be quoted and told I am wrong and all that, but what makes Star Wars special and separates it from any other sci-fi project are the lightsabers and the Force. It's what brings people in and what makes the IP so special.

It absolutely will have a lightsaber. It'll probably be Vader as well. I'll be disappointed if a lightsaber doesn't appear.

You're not wrong.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i dont care either way, but i really hope there isn't

this is a spy thriller with the "common folk" part of the rebelion.

there is not much the rebellion can do against a lightsaber user. so if they show it is insta-death, or some bullshit happening so they can escape.

and if someone from the lightside shows up, then they would still the spotlight from Andor, so whats the fucking point then.

also did mando had lightsabers on their first season? only the darksaber at the teaser, no?

wasn't mando not "Star wars enough" without lightsabers?

Oct 25, 2017
kenobi and andor filmed around the same time which makes me think they may not be able to resist a brief vader cameo, if they've already got everything ready and close by. A potential hitch in that theory is that Kenobi was largely filmed in Southern California, while Andor filmed in the UK.

However, there was some of Kenobi filmed in the UK. In particular, they built a large town set in an abandoned quarry. You know what kenobi scenes required a large town set and a quarry? When Vader was chasing Kenobi in episode 3. I also heard through the grapevine that someone involved in production reported one of the vader suits was sent to UK for kenobi prior to filming.

So it certainly seems likely that Kenobi Vader was nearby and ready during the filming of Andor. Just sayin.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
i dont care either way, but i really hope there isn't

this is a spy thriller with the "common folk" part of the rebelion.

there is not much the rebellion can do against a lightsaber user. so if they show it is insta-death, or some bullshit happening so they can escape.

and if someone from the lightside shows up, then they would still the spotlight from Andor, so whats the fucking point then.

also did mando had lightsabers on their first season? only the darksaber at the teaser, no?

wasn't mando not "Star wars enough" without lightsabers?

Mando filled the fan service quota in plenty of other ways, including in Season 1 with its miniature Yoda.

In all these shows and movies there's basically always something for the casual SW fan to grab on to and feel like they're in a familiar world.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mando filled the fan service quota in plenty of other ways, including in Season 1 with its miniature Yoda.

In all these shows and movies there's basically always something for the casual SW fan to grab on to and feel like they're in a familiar world.

i think stormtroopers are enough for that