• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
If you're all thinking of the other villains in Secret Wars being "fodder" for Doom then I don't think you understand Secret Wars. That's not supposed to happen until the final act, and even then, there's still potential threats to him like Molecule Man.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Ant-Man will spend an entire movie complaining about indigestion and then at the end
it happens

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Not soon, but eventually? Absolutely. There's a corpse just waiting to be revived. And being a mocap character, Brolin could easily still play him in another 10 years.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
kylo-ren-let-the-past-die-gif.gif

Bring on Doom.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If you're all thinking of the other villains in Secret Wars being "fodder" for Doom then I don't think you understand Secret Wars. That's not supposed to happen until the final act, and even then, there's still potential threats to him like Molecule Man.
I believe they are referencing Hickman's Secret Wars, and God Emperor Doom who was the catalyst for that entire run.
And Molecule Man is never really a threat to someone with the intellect of Doom.

He can be bribed with a goddamn 8 yr 3 week old burger.

kgotuxzmdxz01.png

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As the universe gets bigger, callbacks become more and more possible. One of the very best parts of Far From Home is the callback to 'box of scraps'. Thanos appearing, if they wait long enough, keep it a secret, and nail the execution, would blow people's minds.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I believe they are referencing Hickman's Secret Wars, and God Emperor Doom who was the catalyst for that entire run.
And Molecule Man is never really a threat to someone with the intellect of Doom.

He can be bribed with a goddamn 8 yr 3 week old burger.

kgotuxzmdxz01.png
Holy fuck I am not used to seeing the original image anymore after pic related got burned into my mind:

Ry6gzSl.jpg

Plum

May 31, 2018
I reckon he'll be like Darth Vader. Too iconic a villain to resurrect but too big of a marketing pull to not have him have appearances in prequel or alternative timeline stuff (see Rogue One & Jedi Fallen Order).

Can't see him just not being used ever again when there's still merch to sell and post-credit scenes to be made.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's a flashback, I don't think so. The MCU has been surprisingly consistent about keeping dead people dead for better or worse.

I'm more curious to see if they keep Brolin as Cable.

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
A Disney+ show about the origin of MCU Thanos and you got to see baby thanos in a floating platform

Wait...there's already one now called 'The Mandalorian'...pardon me then.

Oct 28, 2017
Everybody is screaming DOOM and rightfully so however, the way they messed with time in Endgame should bring the ire of KANG and by proxy Immortous.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
He might cameo in a flashback or something. I don't think we'll see him as the main villain of a movie any time soon. Assuming the MCU goes on for decades there will eventually be some big Avengers event where multiple major villains team up and he'll be there. That's probably when he MCU is dying and they're pulling out all the stops to rejuvenate interest though.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it, unless it's a dream sequence or some sort of wacky 'all the baddies are back' moment.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
A Disney+ show about the origin of MCU Thanos and you got to see baby thanos in a floating platform

Wait...there's already one now called 'The Mandalorian'...pardon me then.
Honestly, the crazy space adventures of Frank Castle Ghost Rider and Baby Thanos would be amazing.