• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
No way. Sure would be nice, though. I wish they updated every 30fps PS4 exclusive to unlock the framerate. They 99.99% won't do it for any game that hasn't had it already, though.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Sony's plans are mysterious and baffling, but I don't think this is one of them.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
Nope. Unfortunately they've shown they don't care beyond the basic BC support they've implemented.

Jun 13, 2020
They won't even patch The Last Guardian (which already runs at 60 in the unpatched version, literally all they need to do is unlock the framerate again) or Bloodborne.

Nov 26, 2019
This game looked beautiful, but it gave me motion sickness to play. Kept hoping a frame rate boost on ps4 pro would come along. I think the dream has died.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
462578764967051265.png

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
This is a dream patch for me, but alas, I don't believe it will happen. No incentive. If Bloodborne, a game much better selling, more widely beloved and famously requested as a 60FPS patch, does get it, I doubt GR2 will. :(

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Your best bet is to pray PS5 gets jailbroken at some point. Then pray that the game hasn't tied the game logic to 30fps. And finally pray that somebody with enough experience and interest in the game will make an uncapped frame rate patch. (I got the game in my backlog as well, I'll join you in the wait! lol)

That being said, lots of potential for PS4 exclusives that way. Imagine 120fps Bloodborne!

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't it been stated that games can't be patched to run at higher FPS than they did on the PS4? That's why God of War, Last of Us 2 and Bloodborne remain the same as they were on PS4.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
They won't even patch The Last Guardian (which already runs at 60 in the unpatched version, literally all they need to do is unlock the framerate again) or Bloodborne.

Be pretty cool if Sony cared about literally any game of theirs more than a year old, for anything other than merchandising.

Gosh how come literally all the playstation exclusives I like are the ones abandoned and forgotten.

Mar 23, 2018
Are you even aware of the absolute amount of resources Sony would have to put into a single piece of code to make this happen? They'd probably have to place their entire Japan Studio department working on such a task.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
It's clear to me that Sony doesn't have support of their own games as anywhere close to a priority on their policies.

We have seen it time and time, with PS4Pro was evident, now with PS5 it's again.

If the game is just released in between the generation change, you are probably getting a patch. Otherwise you get nothing, unless somebody in the particular studio is very interested about it.

Are you even aware of the absolute amount of resources Sony would have to put into a single piece of code to make this happen? They'd probably have to place their entire Japan Studio department working on such a task.

Is this a joke post? I can't tell.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The same sony that announced that the online functions of the game would be taken offline because of reasons less than two years after the game released?

The game director and designers left sony so no one there care's about Gravity Rush.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Freedom Wars, Oreshika, and Soul Sacrifice will ever be freed from their PlayStation Vita prison.

Then I remember it's Sony Interactive Entertainment, and I both laugh and cry simultaneously.
Makes no sense Freedom Wars and SS weren't remastered on PS4.