• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Megaton or nah?

• Megaton incoming

• Pause...

Results are only viewable after voting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect any more major announcements for the rest of the year that aren't at the Game Awards.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
No new game announcements just hopefully more PS5 patches for PS4 games

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Would they have any bombs to drop?

Most of their first party studios seem like they are already accounted for in terms of announced games.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I thought about this when I realized it was this week that PS5 releases.

They don't have any launch livestream this time around, right? I really don't think in any case, things have changed with how deliver info now they have SoP.

This year I can see, at most, some trailer during TGA, but probably not GoW (Horizon would be my bet).

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The launch lineup is stacked, so they really don't need to. I wouldn't be surprised if most of those PS+ Collection games get updates soon, though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Game Awards are next month, Sony can just do the announcement (if any) there.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting new game announcements this year. They have already announced many huge games for next year. Gameplay from some of those is what I'd expect at TGA.

edit: I forgot about TLOU Factions! I could see that getting announced this year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Sony announces stuff at the Game Awards so they?

They have in the past, but I don't even mean Sony specifically. I mean we're already at the end of the year, it's unlikely that any huge announcements are going to happen before the new year that aren't already earmarked for TGA.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They don't have any reason to. I'm just going off memory but I feel like their announced game slate is better than it was compared to the launch of PS4.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What I want to know is if God of War Ragnarok is God of War 2, or whether it's an almost stand alone expansion like Miles Morales?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I think we will get a Factions announcement at TGA and then they will hold off on major new announcements until the "launch window" is over and Ratchet is out.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nah, they're good until 2021 now. They may have something at The Game Awards, but otherwise, don't expect anything.