• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Sony should do it. Elite controller is fantastic and they should have their own version.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
And who would that be? People with bigger hands? That seems to be the biggest complaint for Dualshock.

I just don't think it's likely coming from the company that's basically release 1 sku of controller per generation and kept the name for 4 generations.
People like myself being gamers who predominantly play FPS games willing to fork over $150 for a quality product. We aren't exactly a niche market, we are probably the biggest market on consoles today.

You can use an Xbox Elite controller on your PS4 with the Brooks adapter
Thanks for not reading the OP ✌🏼

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not, or if they do at least make it actually worth its price tag. As someone who loved the elite, I'm sorry but its absolute trash. In the first few runs of production the shoulder bumpers arm was incredibly breakable and I had to have them replaced about 5 times. Then when that was finally fixed, after many years with it the rubber on the back is removing itself from the controller. Even the standard One controller is built better than this. The price and material choices in areas are frankly insulting.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt it. They seem more interested in offloading this type of work to 3rd parties via officially licensed contracts. We didn't even get a 1st party media control in NA this gen 😩

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it

People like myself being gamers who predominantly play FPS games willing to fork over $150 for a quality product. We aren't exactly a niche market, we are probably the biggest market on consoles today.

Even an Elite version of the next Dualshock will still be a Dualshock, the Xbox controller will remain superior for FPS's no matter what.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that Sony doesn't offer a decent modern controller - if you don't have paddles you don't qualify.

With the marketing rights for CoD, Battlefront, Destiny and so many other shooters it's just glaring omission.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy that Sony doesn't offer a decent modern controller - if you don't have paddles you don't qualify.

With the marketing rights for CoD, Battlefront, Destiny and so many other shooters it's just glaring omission.
They offer multiple actually. Astro's 1 is especially cool. But limited to just a few markets unfortunately.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Considering that I've generally been satisfied with Sony controllers since PS2 days, I hope so. But I can also see the rationale of letting 3rd parties handle it and just get the licensing fees.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna say, if they don't, then just buy a USB adaptor and use your Xbox Elite controller. I've been using an Elite controller on my PS4 all gen. It's great and there's only a tiny percentage of games that run in to trouble because of gyro. Everything else is great.

How easy is it to go between the adapter for PS4 and your Xbox One (or for me PC with the Xbox wireless controller USB adapter)?

I thought about getting a Brooks adapter, but I'm not bothered enough by the DS4 to do it if means having to resynch every time I jump between platforms. That and I play a lot of games where the touch pad button is used a lot for opening maps and menus.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I'd love one, mainly because of the higher quality materials. I love the ergonomics of the DS4 but I hate how cheap the sticks and triggers are. I'd happily pay double for something better.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
How easy is it to go between the adapter for PS4 and your Xbox One (or for me PC with the Xbox wireless controller USB adapter)?

I thought about getting a Brooks adapter, but I'm not bothered enough by the DS4 to do it if means having to resynch every time I jump between platforms. That and I play a lot of games where the touch pad button is used a lot for opening maps and menus.
you press a button on your Xbox and your controller and you're re-connected

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Brooks are easy to use. Just need to update the FWs in case Sony patches them out from time to time. I was using Elite 1 on PS4 for a bit after I gave up on Scufs.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
The Dualshock 4 is the highest selling accessory this generation.

They don't need to spend extra resources to come up with a gaming enthusiast accessory when they already have the highest selling controller of this console generation.

That's a game only Microsoft needs to play. As they are playing a game of Mindshare and need as many consumers on their ecosystem as they can get.

Third party controller factories will occupy this space.

I don't see the logic here? Of course the DS4 is the highest selling accessory, the PS4 is the highest selling console. Doesn't mean they can't have a controller with more features and better build quality. The DS4 isn't a well built piece.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I would contend that the userbase is the bigger market, and for the most part are happy with the status quo.

In any case, the question is will Sony make an elite version of the controller, and I don't think they will. Given the hardware details there is already concerns about the launch price of PS5, there's also PSVR 2 in development, and we saw the impact of a price differential can make this gen. R&D for a premium controller is probably not the highest priority.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I think they should focus first on some new move controllers for the new PSVR2 they're surely making

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I'd really like a native wireless controller with paddles or back buttons that didn't have an extra $50 tacked on just because it was third party.

Hope not, controller is fine as is other than the shit battery life.
The idea of an Elite controller is that it would be in addition to a regular one.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
This could be some bull, but I remember reading on here that MS blew $100m+ in R&D for the Elite controller?

Depends if Sony think there's a big market out there warranting that kind of investment.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Sony just needs to make the DS5 have alternate thumbstick placements as symmetrical is infinitely worse than asymmetrical to me.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Authors Note:. Please show restraint from posting your lack of interest in a drive by posting manner. Just because you won't use it doesn't mean the Option wouldn't be appreciated by others or the suggestion is "weird" or "odd"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I would like to talk about optional future controller hardware for the Playstation 5. When the Xbox Elite Controller (Version 1) released in 2015, I had high hopes that Sony would follow suit with their own iteration of this controller.

As the years passed, this never came to be. People instead opted to buy Brook Adapters and plug their Xbox Controllers into their PS4's to get by and enjoy their games.

Currently, the closest thing we have to a Elite Controller on the PS4 is the Scuff Vantage 2, officially licensed by Sony. We are already at 2 because the Vantage 1 was bad.
PlayStation-4-SCUF-Vantage-2-Black-Wireless-Controller

End of the day, I guess it's ok, but I want a Sony made controller, much like the Xbox Elite, I want the minds at Sony to come up with a idea for a controller that is for the enthusiast.

Paddles, Switch between profiles, the ability to swap out Thumb Sticks, hell borrow as many ideas as possible from Xbox, but just throw us FPS fans a bone and I'll throw you some money on day 1.

So the question is not really "Should they" because that answer is absolutely,

The question is WILL THEY, and if not, why do you think they won't?

My Xbox Elite controller needs a sibling, and that sibling would be a DS5 Pro Controller

TLDR - Will Sony create and come out with a Controller for enthusiasts next gen?
The Astro c40 is more of a Elite equivalent.

I hope we get a official Elite controller from Sony that is more durable as we been through way to many.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They just need to create a controller that doesn't die from games that use the stick buttons to run.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the sticks are still symmetrical or can be switched around they can make an official one and I'll probably buy it.

The Astro C40 is interesting but I can't justify buying it now without knowing if/how it will work with the PS5.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would but I doubt it. Sony doesn't seem to care about providing options. I would buy an Astro C40 TR if I knew it would work on PS5, but unlike Microsoft, Sony hasn't said anything about accessories working next gen (aside from PSVR) and you never know with them so I won't take the gamble.

Elite controllers are kind of pretentious. The 3rd party one is pretty good I'm sure. Just let them do that.
What a ridiculous post.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
They already mentioned that they didn't wanted to put in linear vibrator motors like the in all Apple products and Nintendo Switch to not divide the base player base. I think they have a philosophy behind it and they shouldn't do it.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
The new elites? The old ones had a bad rep. for falling apart and overall poor quality control.
Both from my experience. I have a day one Elite 1 still working great (although I'm aware some people have had issues) and also have the Elite 2 which appears to be even better built (but obviously too new to say for sure).

I also have the Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition controller, which had the right trigger go "mushy" within a month of use and one of the top shift buttons has a loose spring. The mechanical face buttons feel good, but I don't really prefer them to the regular buttons on the Elite. The Elite paddles are also much easier to use, and easy to remove if you don't want them.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
No. There's been really nothing to suggest Sony has any interest in going down the road of developing an expensive premium controller, and probably feel the market is being served just fine by third parties.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
They really should, but their stance so far have been outsourcing it. Who knows if that'll change or not though.

Jun 23, 2019
All the elite controllers have the DualShock in the Xbox style. I just want an elite controller with the sticks in the right place.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
any1 tried these?
Collective Minds Strike Pack F.P.S. Dominator Controller Adapter with MODS & Paddles for PS4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8QHXJA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_f2yWDbT5VVXFJ

walmart is selling these.

im fine without paddles and have coup with changing button layout for certain functionality but just curious about this addon.

yes i have this, i found it too klunky and awkward. I'm sure if you get used to it, it can be fine, but i found myself constantly pressing one of the paddles when I didn't want to

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
User warned: hostility
I wish they would but I doubt it. Sony doesn't seem to care about providing options. I would buy an Astro C40 TR if I knew it would work on PS5, but unlike Microsoft, Sony hasn't said anything about accessories working next gen (aside from PSVR) and you never know with them so I won't take the gamble.

What a ridiculous post.
Go play Xbox then. Nobody cares if Sony doesn't offer your "Astro C40 TR" whatsafuckit.

Dork.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
All the elite controllers have the DualShock in the Xbox style. I just want an elite controller with the sticks in the right place.
Astro C40 can be either. Has fully changeable button and stick placement. But they only sell in NA I think, so the super expensive controller is going to be even more expensive for the rest of the world.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
No, they won't. The DualShock controllers are tried & true, and IIRC are usually the highest selling accessory. Seems majority of people like it well enough. They don't see the benefit in the R&D and then trying to sell the controller & the high MSRP it would require.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
This is my strat. I have a bunch of Brooks adaptors. Got a 360 to PS4 one as well so I can still use my 360 TE fight stick. They're really great.
Yeah I am surprised more people don't talk about them. I constantly hear bullshit about not wanting to get a PS4 because of the controller. Well with one 40 dollar adapter you don't need to compromise

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. I'd really like a native wireless controller with paddles or back buttons that didn't have an extra $50 tacked on just because it was third party.

The idea of an Elite controller is that it would be in addition to a regular one.
Hope not? Did you not read the OP?

I would rather they make the best controller they can from the start and not try to charge me for extras later. If they work on a new, better controller, pack it in with the consoles at the start.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather they make the best controller they can from the start and not try to charge me for extras later. If they work on a new, better controller, pack it in with the consoles at the start.
That's nice but not everyone wants to be forced to buy a $150 controller. Now if they want to make back paddles/buttons standard, I'm all for that sure. Put that on the $60/$70 version.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I really hope they do. The DS4 is practically a disposable device. All three of my DS4's have issues. One has drifting left analog stick that constantly pushes right. Completely unusable. I only use this to bind my CronusMAX to my PS4 so I can use my old Logitech G27 steering wheel in GTS. Second DS4 has an R2 button that never registers full press. Ok in some games like shooters, but other games unusable. And third DS4 now has a left analog stick twitch to the left where playing a game, all of a sudden a random spike of left input registers. Barely usable.