• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Simple question - Will the next gen consoles be able to run Star Citizen given what we know of the specs? ( Assuming PS5 and Xbox X are close). Please tell me it will be able to run Star Citizen!

If yes I assume at 30fps only? If not what is lacking given some of the specs that have come out so far?

Seeing the DF video on Star Citizen has me quite hyped to play it and I am hoping next gen consoles will be able to run it given the GPU and CPU upgrades as well as as SSDs

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I can confirm exclusively here that PS5/XB Series X will be able to run Star Citizen.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Both consoles can only run Star Citizen and no other games

599 united states dollars

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yes and depending on chosen settings probably at 60fps but I highly doubt this comes to them anytime soon just based on the length of time it's taking on the pc version

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
possible. the ssd was the only real requirement alongside a decent setup for pc. The bigger thing is if the game will even be ported to console and how long would that take

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully, if it doesn't that probably means Star Citizen won't be optimized well. Xbox Series X specs are no slouch.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
With the Xbox Series X specs at least i do yeah. But saying that, don't expect a console version until they stabilize the PC version and already we don't know when they're gonna actually release the PC version.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Technically yes, but the bigger problem will be distribution and updates. That has been getting better over the last few years but I would imagine they will only bring it to a console if they're allowed to use all of their existing networking and server infrastructure and update the game at will without certification so that it can stay in sync with the PC release.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly, but like Vash said, their constant updates and how they do em might stop them from releasing it on consoles.

Then again, the potential revenue would be hard to ignore.