• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Right now: Stadia pro at 9.99 a month you pay to stream 4k and some free games included.

My prediction for Xcloud: stream 4k for free with Gamepass subscription active/xbl.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I am 100% sure MS will talk about xCloud with or without responding to Google.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty positive MS with its current versions of xbl/pass are already taking it to stadia. When they actually announce their streaming services its going to be laughable to compare to stadia.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day it's all about games. Stadia offers nothing you can't get on other systems in terms of games.

There's a reason Sony and Microsoft have been fervently working over the years to enhance their first party lineups. If someone wants a streaming service, I'm not sure why they would go with Stadia over Microsoft or Sony.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Would people be onboard for a 19.99 gamepass/XBL gold/streaming hi def monthly solution? $240 a year is more than the $120 that is causing everyone to groan.....

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty easy win given what Google is doing so far unless they goof up on the pricing.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I think they'll definitely talk about XCloud but it won't be a response to Google. They already have it planned. Stadia is a joke atm.

When Google asks Microsoft if they're a joke to them, they say yes.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
But there's no hardware for xCloud to stream 4K with. It's Xbox One S. Until after the next Xbox has launched in 2020 and then it could be 2021-2 before those blades are upgraded with new hardware.
Its pretty obvious that xCloud will use their next gen console that's why its launching next year

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's nothing to respond to. stadia didn't do anything with impact or anything to scare competitors, it can largely be ignored.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft talked about it last E3. They were going to talk about it anyway.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
another thing to keep in mind, too.... Xcloud isn't just for Microsoft... it's looking to be for the rest of the industry even if all they show is their games at first. so it's important to have a good showing for that for the sake of the rest of the industry. (assuming a lot of publishers jump on board like Sony has)

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
No way MS is going respond to Stadia at all. They are just going to talk about all their games, studios, new hardware and their Xcloud Streaming service. None of which is a direct response to Googles offereing, just what MS has been planning and doing for years.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking streaming your owned XBox and MS Store digital library, streaming included in XBox Live Gold (or a slightly more expensive tier) and Gamepass will blow Google out of the water.

But their plan will likely be whatever than plan was initially. No response needed

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they said they will talk about it. Is it a response directly? Not really. I mean this is planned way back and they announced Xcloud last year.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft about to blow that shit out of the water

pay for individual games on a streaming platform? lmao

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS has their own plans of which won't be impacted by todays announcement.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
I don't think they'll reference Stadia in anyway if that's what you mean. They'll probably just talk about their own plans and then move on to something else.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
At the end of the day it's all about games. Stadia offers nothing you can't get on other systems in terms of games.

There's a reason Sony and Microsoft have been fervently working over the years to enhance their first party lineups. If someone wants a streaming service, I'm not sure why they would go with Stadia over Microsoft or Sony.

It offers better resolution and framerate than what you'll get on other cloud streaming solutions with the same internet speed, and you'll see it very soon.

People who complain about Google's barriers to achieve those resolutions don't realize that's literally the lowest they could have gone at this stage, don't expect 4K 60 fps with a 30 mb/s connection even with Microsoft.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
just adding cloud support for even half of the Xbox Game Pass library would blow Stadia out of the water, at least based on what Google has announced thus far. heck, even if that's only added to XGP Ultimate, $15/month would still be a better value proposition than what we know Google is offering for $10/month

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Doubt Microsoft will need to say anything about Stradia with their streaming plans

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure Microsoft will do a lot better with their cloud service on regards to game library and possibly being able to download your games. The questions mark for me are on the price of the service and if they will offer a free option like Stadia Base.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think MS has already made it known that streaming is a big part of their future and I'm sure they will probably talk about it at E3.

You can scoff at Google all you want, but they have earned a rightful reputation to be respected, even feared as a competitor.

Stadia may not be the defacto streaming service, but if MS takes them lightly, then well it may well be. In either case, Stadia is pushing Microsoft I'm sure.

I don't think it's a coincidence MS started to emphasize game streaming quite a lot recently. They likely caught wind of what Google was planning.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Google just shot them selfs in the foot by charging for games and offering no subscription options.

There's no way google can compete against Microsoft and Sony on streaming.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft sounded pretty confident prior to this and I expect them to be even more confident now.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
No I don't think MS is going to just add game streaming to Gamepass. I think something will have to give. Maybe if they increase the price of ultimate and add it, I can see it.

Ultimately, I don't think Google actually explained enough of what they're offering to really make a case that MS needs to rebuff.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah they're going to show a sweet video about how their streaming is going to be the hottest shit ever the second it gets off the line. And to some, this will be gospel.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
There's no need to respond, because it was never a fight to begin with. Google simply isn't positioned to compete with Microsoft. There's no other company that has the network infrastructure, game development capability, video games industry clout, financial war chest, and vision to compete with Microsoft when it comes to realizing a Netflix of gaming. Sony is the only one who could realistically compete, but they're a distant second IMO. Microsoft has obviously been working towards this for some time now, and it definitely shows. Sunday's press conference will show all of these puzzle pieces coming together into something really exciting.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I hope MS responds and I hope Sony adds Wifi to PS5 controller for less PS Now lag. Everyone should be in this space. Ideally I want to pay $60 for a digital copy AND streaming rights. This would put MS/Sony above Stadia if they did it.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
4K streaming likely won't arrive to xcloud until next gen. Though I suspect it's a future thing for stadia as well.

But all things are pointing to Ms having a big price and content advantage

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I mean, it feels like google is preemptively responding to xCloud. Google's best move is probably to try and get out ahead and steal mindshare, because people are probably going to default to the streaming service from the actual gaming company.

But, yeah, xCloud will probably be featured heavily and I'm excited to see it. I'm interested in giving Stadia a shot, but I wouldn't mind if xCloud had a good enough showing to make me forget Stadia exists.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Right now: Stadia pro at 9.99 a month you pay to stream 4k and some free games included.
Not "some": only 1 game included in Stadia Pro subscription: Destiny 2. Seems they may add more in the future or change it for other games, in a PS+/Gold vibe. Unlike the other games that you'll purchase separatedly, these "free" games won't stay there if you stop paying the subscription.

Same game that goes F2P on Steam this September + some additional Destiny 2 DLCs compared to the F2P version.
I hope MS responds and I hope Sony adds Wifi to PS5 controller for less PS Now lag.
PS4 and PS5 have wired LAN connection, that offer more and more stable speed in addition to lower lag than wifi. And since it's in the same device than the streamed game it doesn't need to send extra packages to sync the game and the pad.

The Stadia pad only helps with devices with no LAN wired connection and maybe poor wifi. And since it has a mic and it's Google, it also helps the NSA and other intelligence agencies from several countries.

In addition to this, PS4 has streaming specific hardware, which I assume it's also going to be the case for PS5. What Sony needs to do is to improve their shitty PSN speed and improve the PS Now codec (I think it may be included in their nextgen PSNow plans since they plan to upgrade to 4K 60fps).

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I guess Microsoft will destroy what Google announced today

I expect Xbox/360 titles to the service and just that will beat Stadia

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I doubt MS will have changed a single thing based on what Stadia showed today.

You don't have to clap back when you don't get clapped.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sunday is wide open for MS to really shut down Stadia quickly. All they need is slightly better pricing and more games. Both of which they'll have, IMO.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With actual games and a proven Azure infrastructure, it's easy to be better than Stadia.