• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Ms announce their next gen platforms?

• E3 2019

Votes: 424 69.9%
  • July - December 2019

Votes: 47 7.7%
  • Jan - April 2020

Votes: 136 22.4%

• Total voters
Feb 10, 2018
Thought it would be interesting to get an idea on what people will think when MS will announce there next gen platforms.

To clarify what I mean by "announce" is that they tell us the name, give some information on specs and show some games"

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yes.
I also believe Sony will unveil what they have in the next few months as well. Early 2020 release for both. Watch.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. They will talk about their next gen plans in some form and probably give a tiny sneak peak.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
They better bring some jaw dropping games or else

2pWgCGk.gif

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
They've said next gen is going to have talk presence on this E3.

Wild to think Microsoft shot their shot at nextgen first this time around.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This would be a bad year to focus on a handfull of Xbox one games. With new competitors trying to change gaming and Nintendo on an upswing, this is MS's big chance.

It would be a waste to just advertise gamepass.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Seems likely. They have a prime opportunity with EA and Sony skipping it this year.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
No Sony presence.
Google has made their intentions public.

I think they have plenty of reason to go all in this E3, they have a clear runway and should definitely come to E3 to give their customers a very clear picture of the future of their roadmap.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Matt said that he thinks that next-gen presence at E3 is going to be more than some expect, but specs and how it looks is probably asking too much.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I doubt that they'll give us finalized specs or anything, but we could get another mention of Xbox Scarlett at E3 this year.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
i did a similar poll a week ago - most people thought despite the ope goal at E3 this year it would be next year.

I think thye would be mad to not announce around E3 and have it out by christmas

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Makes sense to do it at E3 since Sony isn't there, they'll have the press focused on them.

Edit obviously it depends on if it's ready to be shown. If it's just vague words and nothing concrete I'd rather they just wait.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
No, this year will be focused on streaming and digital services.

To soon after the X to start hyping a new console. I think the next gen is a few years away just yet

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Sounds like we're in for a scorpio style tease again.

I think so too.

Not the console reveal though. That's for next year.

I'm leaning towards more of a showcase of how next Xbox games are going to look like, the new controller, the first look at next gen multiplats and a glimpse into their next gen strategy.

Console, pricing, specs and launch library saved for 2020.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
If it's still planned as a fall 2020 release, I'm not sure we'll get a full-on announcement with specs, details, etc.

But I 100% expect them to at least mention it, more or less vaguely.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Probably E3.

In other news I was speaking to someone who had been working on a project with a 'VFX company' and when I asked what else this 'VFX company' had been working on recently they said they'd been finishing up some "E3 videos for Sony".

Whether that means "videos" for games that will appear on Sony's 'next gen' platform from third parties or specifically Sony first party titles (given that Sony aren't supposed to be at E3) I have no idea what it means but that's what he said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I expect them to get the hardware announcement out of the way before E3. This will give them some steam going into the show and will let them get some of the less exciting details out of the way. I could maybe see them going over how their new hardware will interface with xCloud at the reveal event. Then when E3 hits focus on games and constantly remind people that once you buy it for your local Xbox or PC, you can take it anywhere with xCloud. That sort of thing.

OP
OP
Anthony Hopkins
Feb 10, 2018
I think Ms could really capitalise on "and just one more thing" after 45mins showing Xbox one stuff, Phil says "we have just one more thing to show you, *the room goes dark and a podium retracts from the floor, a light appears on Phil Spencer and he says. " I am proud to announce the Xbox _____! " and we have an 1hour all about the next Xbox's.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
If MS are smart then they will announce and release a new console this fall or early next year
if they don't release at least one year to 8 months before PS5 then they're dead in the water
releasing earlier is their only way of outselling or matching the PS5 sales
Just like they did with the 360, despite all the problems PS3 had at launch it still managed to match the 360 lifetime sales
If MS don't take this opportunity and release early then rip xbox

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I think Ms could really capitalise on "and just one more thing" after 45mins showing Xbox one stuff, Phil says "we have just one more thing to show you, *the room goes dark and a podium retracts from the floor, a light appears on Phil Spencer and he says. " I am proud to announce the Xbox _____! " and we have an 1hour all about the next Xbox's.
Too soon after the xbox x launch which they hyped up to the wazoo and didn't do anything to close the gap. They need to give it time so people are hyped enough for a new xbox.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
They'll probably announce it the same way they announced xbox scorpio that is just a mention with a full reveal a few months later.