• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should I go to McDonald’s at 12 midnight PST?

• Yes

Votes: 97 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 129 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 3, 2019
Taco Bell is the only doing it sensibly. They wearing gloves, they bring the machine out to you so you can swipe without touching anything and then hand you sealed food. Unlike McDonald's who can't even be bothered to wear gloves

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
You're safe unless the cook or server coughed or sneezed on your food without a mask.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just get a delivery if you can.

What do you mean by plastic guards? Haven't been there since this all started.
I imagine it's something like this.

35426-mini-market.jpg

Lots of places (like drug stores, minimarkets, etc) in my area are exercising this kind of measurement these days. I haven't been into a McD though, it's kinda far from my place.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I also want some McDonalds... but they have delivery here, will use it tomorrow.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Was just telling my wife yesterday that I would love a quarter pounder. She's extra paranoid so I just let it go but man...

Uh...are we thinking about the same McDonald's?

They're running a special: McDouble and Spicy McChicken, 2 for $2.50.

Stick the McChicken between the meat patties of the McDouble and squish the whole thing down. It's good eating.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Imagine laying in your deathbed, knowing it was your hankering for a fast food burger that did you in.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If you play it safe with social distancing, wearing a mask, and washing your hands after preparing your plate when you get home, it'll just be the McDonald's alone that brings you closer to death.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Okay, one. It's not that dangerous. Just glove up and put on your mask and you should be fine. But, if you want to be extra careful, here's some tips.

PAY WITH THE MCDONALD'S APP - You can pay ahead of time and call when you're ready to pick up. I think they do Apple pay as well.

DELIVERY - This has been mentioned before, although you may need to put in a minimum order.

If the cashier has no mask or gloves, forget it. They are not protecting their workers and they don't deserve your business.

Here's some tips I use after I get the food home. Some of it is overkill.

Wipe off the cup with wipes.

Remove food from wrapper and bag and put it on a paper plate. Microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Don't use the napkins. They've likely touched the napkins to put them in your bag.

One place I trust is my local Burger King. They have you put your card or cash in a small holder so you don't touch anything. Then, they put your food on a tray and stick it out so you grab the food and drink from there. The cashier doesn't touch it at all.

EDIT: And FFS, wash your hands and don't touch your face. Oh, and if you have to go out of the car and you're using gloves, throw the gloves in the trash and use hand sanitizer so you're not getting anything back inside the car.

Also, if you have to go inside, don't touch your phone either. If you have to, wipe it down later.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it could kill you.
You could also have it delivered and give a juicy tip to your driver

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question, are fast food drive thrus handling things differently now? Do they make you hand them the card/cash and do they hand you food, etc? Just wondering if there's any social distance involved with these transactions.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Listen, I've been stuck in my small condo and I miss that sweet McDouble taste, I'm a sheep.. extremely fragile right now should I wait until Midnight during the dark hour? Will it be safer?

I live a block away from a McDonald's but it's downtown & probably a hotspot.
I wouldn't. Not a chance. Are you going to risk getting served by the one 17 year old knuckle head serving your food thinking "Coronavirus lols, Trump and Christ's bloods got my back and anyway it's a Chinese hoax, I'm not washing my hands MAGA."

OP
OP
Lunchbox

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I wouldn't. Not a chance. Are you going to risk getting served by the one 17 year old knuckle head serving your food thinking "Coronavirus lols, Trump and Christ's bloods got my back and anyway it's a Chinese hoax, I'm not washing my hands MAGA."
No chance of that it's a Latino staffed joint.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
No chance of that it's a Latino staffed joint.
It's a good point, but I still wouldnt. Having seen the footage of one of London's biggest sandwich factories threatening that people calling in sick might lose their jobs first, I wont eat pre-packaged sandwiches right now. I'm going to apply the same logic to all fast food places.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No. Just be smart about it. Wash your hands and toss the bags. I doubt you can go in anyway, it's probably curbside and drive thru only. Doesn't really matter how you get the food anyway. Same amount of people will be making it and it will probably be handed to you. I got Taco Bell tonight.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, one. It's not that dangerous. Just glove up and put on your mask and you should be fine. But, if you want to be extra careful, here's some tips.

PAY WITH THE MCDONALD'S APP - You can pay ahead of time and call when you're ready to pick up. I think they do Apple pay as well.

DELIVERY - This has been mentioned before, although you may need to put in a minimum order.

If the cashier has no mask or gloves, forget it. They are not protecting their workers and they don't deserve your business.

Remove food from wrapper and bag and put it on a paper plate. Microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Don't use the napkins. They've likely touched the napkins to put them in your bag.

One place I trust is my local Burger King. They have you put your card or cash in a small holder so you don't touch anything. Then, they put your food on a tray and stick it out so you grab the food and drink from there. The cashier doesn't touch it at all.
This is similar to my own overkill practices. Over the course of the preparation will have washed my hands a few times, and then once more right before fully engaging with the food (burger, fries, etc.) with the hands.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I see in nowhere did you wash your hands........thanks for wasting gloves though!!!

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Actually went to Mc today. They had some makeshift fiberglass put up in the drive-through and handed food through it. Food was cold, though.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP did you purposefully have the question in the poll be the exact opposite of the question in the title?