• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Writing Emmy?

• Yeah it's gonna win it.

Votes: 80 35.4%
  • No way.

Votes: 146 64.6%

• Total voters

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's gonna sweep the whole thing. A shame, considering Winner, one of the best episodes to ever grace TV, is in contention.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I am far too much of a coward to make a bet over it, but I think it will win more than it loses. I don't think it will win for writing though.

And I say that as someone who enjoyed the season overall.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Depends do they have The Long Night on there? Because i watched key scenes from that in a packed amphitheater for a game of thrones concert last week with the composer from the show and people still lose their mind cheering like crazy at that one scene. You never felt hype until you feel a thousand plus people going nuts over Arya

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I don't want to do the avatar bet but I think Succession will take it. I also feel like The Boys should probably be up for a nomination.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If they do win then there is no doubt that all they care about is attention and clicks. It wouldn't be surprising but there is no damn way in hell that most of the people in that circle are aware of how bad the show got. Hell, if you consider that last season any good then I wouldn't take your opinion on writing quality any seriously

Oct 25, 2017
And who has a better story than D&D the dumbasses?

Well...

CheapFickleAfricanmolesnake-small.gif

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If thrones wins for writing the emmies are literally never going to be taken seriously again and will retroactively ruin all the awards they gave out previously.

Thank god they did the right thing even tho they should have laughed it out of consideration when it was submitted.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If thrones wins for writing the emmies are literally never going to be taken seriously again and will retroactively ruin all the awards they gave out previously.

Thank god they did the right thing even tho they should have laughed it out of consideration when it was submitted.
You do know Award shows are basically PR for shows... right? You campaign to have your show won. It isn't some meeting of artists debating the pros and cons of shows, acting, writing, etc. It's literally studios taking voters out for dinner, giving them gifts, favors, etc for votes. And in turn they get to slap, "WINNER OF X EMMY'S OR OSCARS OR WHATVER" on the ad for their thing.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You do know Award shows are basically PR for shows... right? You campaign to have your show won. It isn't some meeting of artists debating the pros and cons of shows, acting, writing, etc. It's literally studios taking voters out for dinner, giving them gifts, favors, etc for votes. And in turn they get to slap, "WINNER OF X EMMY'S OR OSCARS OR WHATVER" on the ad for their thing.
Oh I know. But even by that standard its insulting thrones even got a nom for writing.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair a lot of things besides the abysmal writing were done really well in the show.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
"The Big Bang Theory" has won acting Emmy's, so, like, the standard for those trophies ain't all that high.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Its going to win all the awards.
lmao you know it will win it
Its all bout the money and the fame, so yeah
probably will because it takes the time to talk about how telling stories is the most important thing in the world

never underestimate the willingness of hollywood to self-congratulate
Yes. And they are going to win the most awards

Reality is often disappointing.

Its going to win everything.

Yes. The Emmys have been garbo for ages.

I want it to win just for the funnies.
Yeah, it's gonna sweep the whole thing. A shame, considering Winner, one of the best episodes to ever grace TV, is in contention.
Emmys are garbage so yes.

Hot off the presses, an avatar from now until October 31st:

SuwO9bE.png