• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know stats and stuff, and I know that confirmation bias and my social media circles tunnel vision me a bit, but I've never seen a game with this much reaction. Is Zelda bigger? Mario? GOW? Is this on par with that? Hype levels for final fantasy 7 remake seem out of control.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Rockstar has that down. I don't think you can defeat that beast. Best selling FF game to date? Maybe.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Red Dead Redemption II is the biggest single player game of this gen from a development, production values and hype standpoint

No chance it's beating that

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
No chance. Reactions on social media and game enthusiast forums are often not on the same wavelength as the general gaming population.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the sheer amount of details we've gotten about the game, can anyone actually argue anything else?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I won't laugh at you or anything it's a valid thing to ask and shouldn't be met with hyperbole.

It will have a lot of hype around it yes, I'm not sure if it'll be the loudest of hype game of all time but certainly something to notice.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
No. We havent even seen that much of the game.

Way too early to be even remotely saying things like this.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I know that confirmation bias and my social media circles tunnel vision me a bit

tenor.gif

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol

It's not even the biggest upcoming game from Square Enix

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It won't be bigger than Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Nintendo Entertainment System, first released in 1988 and sold over 17 million copies worldwide.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I don't know stats and stuff, and I know that confirmation bias and my social media circles tunnel vision me a bit, but I've never seen a game with this much reaction. Is Zelda bigger? Mario? GOW? Is this on par with that? Hype levels for final fantasy 7 remake seem out of control.

really? 'out of control'? because i certainly hadn't noticed :) ...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not even top 10, with most of that top 10 being Rockstar titles

Unless Nomura said in an interview that every physical copy will be shipped on a blu ray disc that is physically larger than normal (playability be damned). Like laserdisc size

OP
OP
ultima786

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People will joke about how you are wrong but this game will literally sell like gangbusters.
I've learned that generally, the convos on ERA get good after page 3 or so. The first few pages tend to be trolls; I asked a serious question with some self-awareness of me not being in the know, and got met with toxic sarcasm almost every post.